Carnival Sunshine 8 Day Picture Review with Funtimes, Menus and much more!

Seany527

Thank you:) And no, I won't be in St Maarten until November 2016 :( It's a long ways away.

all.u

Bummer. I've been there before, but it was pouring rain. It's the only port I'm unsure about. Oddly, the way things are working out, we'll be there in Jan and then again next Dec. by then, I should be a pro!

Thank you for your very informative review. I know it was a lot of work and I really appreciate it. We are thinking of booking the Sunshine for next year, but our friends sailed on her this year and hated it. Nice to hear a different view. Very nice pictures also. Thanks!

I have cruised many, many times but have only taken the time once to write a review. It took a lot of time and was not nearly as in depth as your review.

I appreciate the time and effort that you have spent on completing this very thorough rview and agree with the other poster that you possess the talent required to write a blog! Thank you for sharing with all of us!

Thanks again for taking the time to write and post all this. I know how time-consuming it is. I'll be writing one for the 11/28 Journeys sailing and hope you'll give it a read.

I will def follow along, I’m on a Journey’s cruise next year so I will want all the details :)

I cannot thank you enough. We are staying in this EXACT room in five days. So everyone can see you when you're laying out on your balcony????

I have your same exact room and am sooo grateful that you shared all you did. I have a few quick questions. Were you able to sunbathe on your balcony? What time did you board the ship?

Yes, everyone can see most of you, but it all depends on where you sit. Sit close to the door and you probably won’t be seen, but you also won’t get much sun. The closer to the railing, the more sun you will be in. Going into it, I thought I would HATE to have people “watching” me but once we were actually on the balcony the idea didn’t even really cross my mind and if it did, it was more of a “whatever” feeling. So yes, you can def sun bathe and get some direct sunlight. It was nice. But it was also extremely, extremely hot.

We had Faster to the Fun and boarded the ship right around 11.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is definitely the most detailed and informative review I have ever read!! BTW, I had never heard of the towel animal invasion! This sounds like a must see!

I will be on the Sunshine 1/8 and I did have one question. I read your review over the course of several days and so you probably answered this and I just missed it. Was this menu the new American Table menu or the old menu?

Seany527 -

I know you mentioned being in Grand Turk several times - have you ever ventured out into the island? Or just stay close to port? March will be our 3rd time back to Grand Turk. I love going to visit local bars and last time there we stopped at a little outside shopping area. It was really nice to chat with the locals. This time we're thinking of going out for a little bit and heading back to the ship early. We've never stayed on the ship while in Port so it'll be nice to see what that's like for a bit!

I've been to Grand Turk 3 times, the first time I did a tour that took us to the lighthouse with stops along the way there & back. It was nice to see once but I haven't taken my teens the 2 times they've been there. GT is now my favorite port to sit by the pool & do nothing but relax. (And maybe drink a Havanas Bananas or two at Margaritaville)

This was by far the BEST review I've ever read, thank you for all of the time you put into it! I'm sailing on Sunshine next April & our itinerary is different but I still loved your port reviews as well. (I shared the link to this review in my Sunshine cruise group!) If you ever visit Aruba again I highly recommend Action Tours Aruba's ATV tour. One of the best tours I've ever been on.

Thank you again!!