Carnival Sunshine 8 Day Picture Review with Funtimes, Menus and much more!

Seany527

Wow, thanks so much for the great review.... after reading such a thorough review, I feel like I just got back from there. My family and I set sail on the same itinerary in July on the Valor. Your awesome review helped us greatly. Thanks for all the hard work !!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Do you know if the soda machine go with the bottomless bubbles soda package?

No, the soda machine is separate. You will have to purchase those outside of your soda package.

Wow, thanks so much for the great review.... after reading such a thorough review, I feel like I just got back from there. My family and I set sail on the same itinerary in July on the Valor. Your awesome review helped us greatly. Thanks for all the hard work !!!!

Thanks! Enjoy your cruise:D

My husband and I will be sailing out very soon with 4 other couples...after seeing your review and all of the pics I wish we were sailing out tomorrow. Thank you so much I did see that the menu probably changed since you posted this though which is a little disappointing. I do like to see pics of my food before I order it.

The pics of the ship and the rooms are perfect for the first-time cruisers that will be with us on this sailing as well as get us even more excited about it. After reading this review I think any of us past cruisers will definitely feel as if we just got back from this cruise.

If you are not a professional cruise review person, maybe you should consider it. GREAT JOB!

Will be on the Sunshine in April for a 9 day Journeys. I feel like I traveled with you on your cruise. You need to work for the travel industry! The photos were fantastic and your take on the food and entertainment was very helpful. As another reader mentioned, it took me several days to get through the review and comments, but well worth it for the valuable information. Although it's been six months since you posted, I hope you see this and know that I am very grateful for the time you took to share.

Comedian Happy Cole is really funny but usually raunchy.

I can't believe Happy Cole is still with Carnival - we saw him on our very first cruise on the Carnival Tropicale in 1995! He was hilarious then - hope we'll see him again on our 4/29 Sunshine cruise.

My husband and I will be sailing out very soon with 4 other couples...after seeing your review and all of the pics I wish we were sailing out tomorrow. Thank you so much I did see that the menu probably changed since you posted this though which is a little disappointing. I do like to see pics of my food before I order it.

The pics of the ship and the rooms are perfect for the first-time cruisers that will be with us on this sailing as well as get us even more excited about it. After reading this review I think any of us past cruisers will definitely feel as if we just got back from this cruise.

If you are not a professional cruise review person, maybe you should consider it. GREAT JOB!

Thank you very much for the kind words :) Not a professional cruise reviewer or do anything related to travel. :( Although, I wish I did.

Seany, thanks for coming back. Lots of questions since you finished! Great review.

I'll try to answer them all! Any questions you have, just ask away.

Will be on the Sunshine in April for a 9 day Journeys. I feel like I traveled with you on your cruise. You need to work for the travel industry! The photos were fantastic and your take on the food and entertainment was very helpful. As another reader mentioned, it took me several days to get through the review and comments, but well worth it for the valuable information. Although it's been six months since you posted, I hope you see this and know that I am very grateful for the time you took to share.

Of course I will see it. :) I'm still actively on CC, just not always posting. I sailed on the NCL Getaway last month and while I wanted to do a review so badly I just do not have the time anymore (or the energy, lol) to write such an in depth review. I am however going on the Vista in November so I will try my hardest to put something together and share with everyone on CC.

Fantastic review! We sailed her April of last year and will be setting sail on her again in Oct. 1 out of NYC! Sunshine has been our favorite ship so far, mostly for the food choices but also for the slides and ropes course for our younger daughter! I went to the spa tour the first day of our cruise and wanted to make it back to the steam room, but now I'm questioning if I'd need a spa pass to enter the steam room. My husband spends a lot of time in the gym and he is pretty certain that the steam room which off of the locker rooms is open to the public. Can anyone confirm this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So I spent most of my work day reading your review yesterday, but it was worth it. I love a comprehensive review like that, especially one with pictures. Next time post some pictures of yourselves enjoying your cruise!

My husband and I just got off of the Sunshine on Monday and I'm already itching to book something else, but with two little ones at home and my husband's teacher schedule, it's tricky. For now I'll live vicariously through your reviews and I look forward to you possibly writing one for the Vista next month. Hope you have a great time!

I'm not sure if you mentioned it or not, but do you know if you can get any breakfast (besides room service) before 7:30 am? Even if it is just coffee and danish until the buffet opens.

Yes, there was someplace that had continental breakfast before 7am, but I can't remember where, and I don't have my FunTimes. Hopefully someone else can answer more definitively.

I'm not sure if you mentioned it or not, but do you know if you can get any breakfast (besides room service) before 7:30 am? Even if it is just coffee and danish until the buffet opens.

Yes, there was a continental breakfast on the Lido deck at 6:30.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for posting all the fun times. I will have a different itinerary (only 5 day Bahamas) so it will be different but I have to say I'm shocked they have down-played karaoke so much. That is why I am platinum on Carnival cuz their karaoke has always been superior. I see it didn't happen every day and many days it was only 45 minutes or an hour long before dinner. I used to do karaoke from 8 or 9pm to after midnight. Most nights it was packed. That is disappointing for a karaoke fan as you can see from my screen name.