Trying to add another cabin

Hi all! I'm trying to help my parents out, and hoping you guys can think of something.. Currently, myself (27), fiancé (23), and both my parents (40's) have two balcony cabins booked for March on Jewel of the Seas. My parents are wanting to add another cabin to the cruise for my younger sister to go (she will be 20 at the time of the cruise). From my understanding, she's going to need to be across the hallway from my parents cabin in be able to be in a room on her own. Currently she's going to be the only one in the cabin. The problem is right now is across from my parents balcony there aren't any available interior rooms, and I'm also not seeing any cabins within my parents balcony category they could move to to have an interior room across the hall from them. Any ways around this or solutions? They want to be able to have two cabins, and one of them being interior.

Thanks for the help!

Move your mom or dad (whoever has the highest number of C&A points) to whatever is the closest inside stateroom by themselves. Then put your sister in the balcony stateroom. Once you get onboard, your sister can swap back to the inside stateroom.

I want to modify my response slightly, to stress that the order you do things is important to avoid re-pricing.

The first thing to do is change your mother (or father's) name on the existing balcony booking to be your sister. Then book the inside stateroom with whoever you removed from the balcony.

I want to modify my response slightly, to stress that the order you do things is important to avoid re-pricing.

The first thing to do is change your mother (or father's) name on the existing balcony booking to be your sister. Then book the inside stateroom with whoever you removed from the balcony.

Awesome! Thank you! We'll look into this! :)

Move your mom or dad (whoever has the highest number of C&A points) to whatever is the closest inside stateroom by themselves. Then put your sister in the balcony stateroom. Once you get onboard, your sister can swap back to the inside stateroom.

Could possibly cost more doing this as well. A single in a balcony with a supplement will cost more than a single with a supplement in an interior don't you think?

While a double in an interior will cost less than a double in a balcony.

Id price it out to see what your dealing with before moving forward.

There would also be no balcony discount if applicable for the inside.

How about putting Mom or Dad in the balcony with the sister (daughter) and book 1 Adult in the inside - no issues than and can still change on board. Possible balcony C & A discount would still apply.

Edited by LovesCruising

Could possibly cost more doing this as well. A single in a balcony with a supplement will cost more than a single with a supplement in an interior don't you think?

While a double in an interior will cost less than a double in a balcony.

Id price it out to see what your dealing with before moving forward.

There would also be no balcony discount if applicable for the inside.

How about putting Mom or Dad in the balcony with the sister (daughter) and book 1 Adult in the inside - no issues than and can still change on board. Possible balcony C & A discount would still apply.

That's exactly what I suggested, see post #3 for a better wording.

Edited by clarea

This is the route we took and it worked perfect. Do they just go to guest services and can get an extra key for each room then? Is the key just a plain key similar to a hotel key so you don't confuse it with your set sail key?

This is the route we took and it worked perfect. Do they just go to guest services and can get an extra key for each room then? Is the key just a plain key similar to a hotel key so you don't confuse it with your set sail key?

Correct, it's a plain key, and has no charging privileges.