Uber

karinad

I got a quote and it looks to me like they don't have uber x and the flat fee is minimum $75 from the airport for uber. The cab estimator puts my ride at about $45 from airport to the Royal Sonesta. We'll probably see if we can uber while in the quarter and hope they have uber x.

I got a quote and it looks to me like they don't have uber x and the flat fee is minimum $75 from the airport for uber. The cab estimator puts my ride at about $45 from airport to the Royal Sonesta. We'll probably see if we can uber while in the quarter and hope they have uber x.

Thanks! I've never used Uber before. Is Uber X different? We're staying in the French Quarter at the Crowne Plaza.

Uber X is a regular, everyday type of car and is usually about 50% cheaper when I've used it. Uber black is a nicer towncar or sedan type of service. There is also uber SUV in many cities if you have a larger group. When you log into the uber ap, along the bottom there is a slider that you can switch to uber black or uber x if it's available. not all cities have uber x. I really only take uber if it does save me money so it's important to get the uber x quote.

Uber X is a regular, everyday type of car and is usually about 50% cheaper when I've used it. Uber black is a nicer towncar or sedan type of service. There is also uber SUV in many cities if you have a larger group. When you log into the uber ap, along the bottom there is a slider that you can switch to uber black or uber x if it's available. not all cities have uber x. I really only take uber if it does save me money so it's important to get the uber x quote.

Thanks! We would only require a regular car. Great explanation!

A regular airport cab is only $36 for 2 people.

Thanks! In N.J., where we'll be staying at my sons place the night before flying from Newark, a cab would cost $80 and Uber cost $40. I guess rates aren't all the same, of course. I don't think we even have Uber in our small town. We're lucky if there's cabs.

There have been issues in New Orleans between the city and Uber, don't know what or if it's resolved. With that said, all cabs are a flat rate for two people from the airport to downtown and also between hotels and cruise port. Last I knew it was about $35 from the airport downtown and $9 from downtown to the cruise ports. Just make sure you talk to your cabbie before you start and agree on the flat rate.