karabear15

Easter onboard

We will be sailing on the Emerald for Easter this year. I believe we are actually in Princess Cays that day. We aren't looking for any sort of mass, but will Easter likely be a formal dining night? Do they do any special menus for the holiday?

We did a 15 day Panama Canal cruise during the Easter holiday. I don't remember anything about a special dinner, but they did have a priest onboard who said Mass in the theater.

They will have a turkey/ham dinner...some decorations...Easter egg hunt for the kids....stuff like that!

I'm thinking, dang, has no one cruised over Easter...does no one remember if they did anything fun? Haha!!

OK, so pretty much what I figured as far as for the kids. I am really looking forward to not having to do anything and laying on the beach all day! Traveling on other holidays they always seem to have a formal dinner on the actual holiday, and honestly after a day on the beach with that yummy bbq...I'd rather not have to get all dressed up and then go to formal dinner.

Atrium display is a ton of chocolate art. You can smell it all around the ship.

We will be sailing on the Emerald for Easter this year. I believe we are actually in Princess Cays that day. We aren't looking for any sort of mass, but will Easter likely be a formal dining night? Do they do any special menus for the holiday?

Your formal night might be Easter or it may be the next day which is a sea day. Princess does not place clergy on board at any time. However, if a priest or other clergy is on board as a passenger then they will probably conduct Easter services/mass. There could be a service run by a crew member. When we were on during Easter a few years ago there was a special Easter dinner menu.

Easter on a Princess ship

040%204.16.06%20Atrium%20Easter%20display%20IMGP0653_zpsrc2bfpmy.jpg

042%204.16.06%20Palm%20Court%20Easter%20display%20P4160305_zpsrorpvhph.jpg

047%204.16.06%20Palm%20Court%20Easter%20display%20P4160300_zpsqnidhr5a.jpg

046%204.16.06%20Palm%20Court%20Easter%20display%20P4160324_zpssjplejfy.jpg

These are great! Reminds me of the gingerbread houses they have up during Christmas time!

Yes. As I recall, Roast leg of lamb with mint jelly.

Will you be attending Easter sunrise service?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Yes. As I recall, Roast leg of lamb with mint jelly.

Will you be attending Easter sunrise service?

More than likely we will have our own mini service on the beach as a family. :D:D

We actually are Greek, so we celebrate Orthodox Easter which lands on May 1st this year.