"LIVE" from Norwegian Getaway - Oct 17, 2015

Radio

Hello everyone . . . Good Morning and Welcome to DAY 4 of “LIVE” from Norwegian Getaway.

We have docked at St. Thomas. We tied up to the pier around 7:30 and the announcement for passengers to go ashore was at 7:45AM. I could see land from about 5:30AM from up on Deck 16. The door was open from the Haven Sundeck over to the Vibe Club, so I was able to see Vibe (I did not purchase a Vibe pass)

The weather today is sunny and hot . . . just the way you would expect it to be in St. Thomas. We may have a few showers, but no worries . . .I’m on vacation.

There will be more pics tonight after we return to Getaway (We must be back by 7PM)

Here are a few pics from our arrival. . .

Radio

I can see land. . .That must be the USVI

T2.JPG

The sun is starting to come up over the Vibe Club

T1.JPG

A little cloudy this morning but no rain

T3.JPG

Norwegian Getaway approaches the pier slowly

T4.JPG

We have Arrived !

T5.JPG

Our current position. . .

MAP7.jpg

Image Courtesy of Marinetraffic.com

Edited by Radio

I just can't get over how small is the pool. The same was on Breakaway. With so many people onboard the size of this pool is laughable.

I'll use it to my advantage and rub up on cute guys bums. "Oops it's so small here sorry!"

Hello everyone . . . Good Morning and Welcome to DAY 4 of “LIVE” from Norwegian Getaway.

We have docked at St. Thomas. We tied up to the pier around 7:30 and the announcement for passengers to go ashore was at 7:45AM. I could see land from about 5:30AM from up on Deck 16. The door was open from the Haven Sundeck over to the Vibe Club, so I was able to see Vibe (I did not purchase a Vibe pass)

The weather today is sunny and hot . . . just the way you would expect it to be in St. Thomas. We may have a few showers, but no worries . . .I’m on vacation.

There will be more pics tonight after we return to Getaway (We must be back by 7PM)

Here are a few pics from our arrival. . .

Radio

I can see land. . .That must be the USVI

T2.JPG

The sun is starting to come up over the Vibe Club

T1.JPG

A little cloudy this morning but no rain

T3.JPG

Norwegian Getaway approaches the pier slowly

T4.JPG

We have Arrived !

T5.JPG

Our current position. . .

MAP7.jpg

Image Courtesy of Marinetraffic.com

Thank you Radio love the day by day photo's and report of ship stuff and activities.

Thanks Justin_Case. . . I use a Handheld Garmin GPSmap 76CSx that is connected to my laptop via USB. My laptop has Delorme Nav software.

Have a great cruise. . .

Radio

;);)

Nice setup, Radio! I love seeing our ship's position while at sea, knowing what the land masses are, etc, but since I took an upsell to The Haven, will have to settle for the MarineTraffic.com app :) (found thru your attribution to them).

Your pics of The Waterfront at dawn are especially stunning.

Again, thanks for posting!

Hello everyone . . . I had a great day in St. Thomas today. The weather was sunny skies and warm temps. Sometimes it got even a little too hot (86F) when in direct sun. I started off going to Magens Bay . . . a place I haven’t been to in a few years. It was just the same as I remembered. Magens Bay was lovely. The sand was soft, and the water was very calm and welcoming. The admission went up a little ($4 per adult, and $2 for parking) but the admission price was worth it.

I also went to Mountain Top . . . way up some winding roads and it seems that many tourists come here for the same reason. The view is wonderful as you can see many islands that are part of the USVI, and BVI . . . It was hard to believe how close Tortola is. Mountain top also has many items to by as a memento of your visit . . . There were also a lot of Banana Daiquiris being served. After all . . . this is the home of the famous drink, right?

I finished up my rental car journey with a stop I seem to make often. Paradise Point is perched way above Havensight Mall and the West Indies Pier (and Cruise ships) I have heard that Paradise Point also has the best Bushwacker in the Caribbean. I’m not a drinker, but I love those Bushwackers. The view of the ships at West Indies, and Crown Bay is wonderful. You can also get a nice (almost aerial) view of Water Island.

When I came back to the ship, I was able to have a nice dinner La Cucina. The reviews read weren’t favorable, but we enjoyed our selection and may consider going back later in the week.

Norwegian Getaway received some new programs for the engine and control room. It was suggested that we should leave by 7PM (instead of 6), but we left the pier slowly at about 8:15PM. No worries. . .we should be in Tortola bright and early tomorrow morning (7AM)

Here are a few pics from today. . .Thanks for tuning in

Radio

Our first stop was beautiful Magens Bay Beach

T6.JPG

There is lots of shade if you want it, or you can get a lot of sun . . .

T12.jpg

There are table for having lunch or just relaxing

T14.jpg

Here are the rental prices for Magens Bay Beach

T31.jpg

My spot was in the shade (heavenly)

T15.jpg

We stopped by Drakes Seat for a photo opportunity

T7.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

Mountain Top it atop of an1800’ peak in St. Thomas

T18.jpg

I’m not sure how true it is, but all of the locals agree that this is the “Home” of the Banana Daiquiri . . .

T11.JPG

Prices were very good for the product sold here (souvenirs)

T10.JPG

It has been “suggested” that Magens Bay Beach is one of the 10 most

beautiful beaches in the world.

T16.jpg

Some information about your view of the islands are available to see while you are admiring Magens Bay.(from Mountain Top)

T19.jpg

At Mountain Top, this group reminds me of the 3 Stooges . . .

T32.jpg

Edited by Radio

Here are the last few for today. . . Thanks for tuning in.

Tortola is tomorrow !

Radio

I felt like I needed a Bushwacker !

T26.JPG

It still costs $20 for a gondola ticket at Paradise Point

T20.jpg

The view from up here are superb

T28.JPG

I come up to Getaway AFT as I take my rental back to Budget

T23.jpg

Ok . . . worn out and hot, I make my way back to the ship

T22.jpg

We made it !

T24.jpg

I know you rent cars in my of your ports of call. How is it driving on the islands? I'd love to be able to do that in St. Thomas. It seems like a good way to go to Magen's Bay (and we've never been).

Went to Tortola on our first cruise in 2004. Looking forward to your pictures!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it $20 per person for the gondola or $20 per gondola for the ride up Paradise Point? Your review is prepping me when I board on Saturday! TIA!

$20 per person. Sometime you can save $1 or $2 by booking the excursion through your cruise line.

Good morning and Welcome to Day 5 of “LIVE” from Norwegian Getaway. We have arrived in Road Town, Tortola. Tortola is not very far from St. Thomas, so we went around in a large oval pattern and very slow to get here.

The pilot boarded at about 5:30AM and we were approaching the Pier around 6AM.

The Tortola Pier Park is about 50% completed, and should be 100% by Spring 2016. There has been much construction at the pier and is now able to berth 2 mega ships. Many of the stores have opened as well as restroom and welcome facilities.

I am not really sure what I will be doing today, and may just explore the downtown area. There all car rentals available over at Mill Mall just a few blocks away. We are only scheduled to be here from 7AM to 2PM. P&O Arcadia just docked next to Getaway and will be here from 8AM to 6PM.

The weather today is very sunny and about 85F already, I am told that rain is in the forecast but we will see what happens.

Here are a few pics from this morning. . .

Radio

I can see the Pier in Tortola

W1.jpg

Norwegian Getaway turns around to back in to the pier.

W2.jpg

Getaway approaches the pier slowly

W3.jpg

We have arrived !

W4.jpg

The New Tortola Pier Park will be nice when it is finished

W5.jpg

Our current location

MAP8.jpg

Edited by Radio

$20 per person. Sometime you can save $1 or $2 by booking the excursion through your cruise line.

Thank you for this. Is the $20 per person the same for adults and children? We have two little ones age 3 and 1. The thought of spending $80 for the four of us is a bit of a stretch.

Good morning and Welcome to Day 5 of “LIVE” from Norwegian Getaway. We have arrived in Road Town, Tortola. Tortola is not very far from St. Thomas, so we went around in a large oval pattern and very slow to get here.

The pilot boarded at about 5:30AM and we were approaching the Pier around 6AM.

The Tortola Pier Park is about 50% completed, and should be 100% by Spring 2016. There has been much construction at the pier and is now able to berth 2 mega ships. Many of the stores have opened as well as restroom and welcome facilities.

I am not really sure what I will be doing today, and may just explore the downtown area. There all car rentals available over at Mill Mall just a few blocks away. We are only scheduled to be here from 7AM to 2PM. P&O Arcadia just docked next to Getaway and will be here from 8AM to 6PM.

The weather today is very sunny and about 85F already, I am told that rain is in the forecast but we will see what happens.

Here are a few pics from this morning. . .

Radio

I can see the Pier in Tortola

W1.jpg

Norwegian Getaway turns around to back in to the pier.

W2.jpg

Getaway approaches the pier slowly

W3.jpg

We have arrived !

W4.jpg

The New Tortola Pier Park will be nice when it is finished

W5.jpg

Our current location

MAP8.jpg

I'm loving these pictures. It's been sometime since my last cruise but Dec I will be back to NCL on the Getaway. Ive been on the Pearl once and the Jewel twice. This cruise will be my gf first cruise and I'm spoiling her with an aft cabin. Come one DEC.

Hello everyone. . . We left Tortola around 3PM this afternoon. I tried to take pics of sail away, but I may have been watching the news for about 90 min so I kind of missed it.

Passengers were cleared to go ashore this morning early (7:30AM) but I didn’t walk off until about 10:30 . . . I wish I would have felt better and done a little more exploring. It turns out that I walked around town a little just to be close to the ship. We went to a craft market and Pusser’s Outpost downtown.

It was a very hot day and the sun was intense. It turns out that Tortola Pier Park is a lot less than 50% complete. The Pier expansion is only about 20% complete. Phase one should be completed by mid December (25 vendors). Currently, there are only about 8 store fronts completed. Another 16 store fronts should be open in about a month, and the rest of phase one is scheduled to be completed before the end of the year.

I came back to the ship around 12:30, started working on uploading my pics and then I needed to “watch news” quick. Zzzzz . . . . . It was a fun day, but I would like to comeback to Tortola when I’m feeling a little better, and maybe the ship could stay a little later (until 5 or 6?)

Here are a few pics from today. . . Thanks for tuning in

Radio

A lot a passengers came to Road Town, Tortola today

W14.jpg

The shade felt wonderful

W15.jpg

Arcadia is big, but it dwarfed by Norwegian Getaway

W16.jpg

I think the construction was taking a little longer than planned

W17.jpg

The craft market was quaint . . .about 30 vendors

W20.jpg

Pussers Outpost. . .Home of the Painkiller

W23.jpg

Here are a few more. . . I have to make it to the Comedy Show. . .

Radio

A view from the Ferry Terminal of Getaway and Arcadia

W21.jpg

The Tortola Pier Park should be very nice (when completed)

W25.jpg

It’s time to get back onboard

W27.jpg

We had a very sunny day today . . . there may have been a few sunburns

W28.jpg

I loved sailing past the islands as we head to Nassau

W38.jpg

So long Tortola . . . until next time

W30.jpg

Edited by Radio