Back to back cruises - changeover day facilities

Denarius

In January I am doing two consecutive seven day cruises on Royal Clipper "back to back" in the same cabin. Could anyone who has done this tell me what will happen on changeover day, when one set of passengers leaves and another arrives? I presume (hope!) that I will not have to remove my luggage from my cabin but will I have access to the ship during the day, between disembarkation of the first cruise and embarkation of the second and if so what facilities will be available?

Stay cool!!! You will have no Problems. You just stay in one port. Take a tour, go to the beach, you probably won't notice too much, except that you are alone maybe for lunch. But if you do everything right....you won't be on board!

Edited by muskatnuss

If you have more to see / learn about Barbados - walk in to the centre of Bridgetown (the Capital), take the bus to Speightstown and find, and look around, the Gallery of Caribbean Art (it is a shop that sells paintings etc.) You will be pleasantly surprised at the quality of the many paintings etc. on show. Then bus back to Bridgetown. Or take taxis if you prefer.

If you take a general tour (or private taxi tour - good supply of taxis at the cruise terminal) then, if possible, go on one that also takes in the East Coast. It is like a different land from the touristy areas. When you look out to sea from that coast the next landfall is Africa!! (You must NOT swim off the beaches on the East Coast because of the currents)

Thanks for your helpful advice. I am in fact quite familiar with Barbados, having spent days there on previous cruises with P&O and Cunard. What I really wanted to know was whether I would have access to Royal Clipper between disembarkation of one set of passengers in the early morning and the embarkation of the next in late afternoon, perhaps with reduced services being available - as was the case with back to back cruises on Cunard - or whether I would have to leave the ship with the former and not return until the latter were allowed to board.

You will be able to leave / return to the ship, and get around it, at any time during the day. (At times you may have to work your way around some areas that are being attended to - e.g. when the crew are scrubbing the decks). The crew will be very busy looking after the departing passengers and getting the ship ready for the oncoming ones.