HAL's new partnerships, upgrades, branding initiative

InTheWASide

I can only assume as no explanation was given why the previous thread was locked and we aren't allowed to ask, that it was due to a lot of off-topic bickering.

With a major announcement planned for tomorrow though, we obviously need a place to discuss it.

So here's a blurb that Seatrade put out about tomorrow's event. Might be a good place to start

Holland America Line president Orlando Ashford plans to reveal details about multimillion-dollar fleetwide upgrades and enhancements during a Thursday news event in New York.

Ashford also will introduce new key partnerships and a fresh branding initiative.

Edited by InTheWASide

Hmmm, partnerships and branding sounds like a hot high-visbility chef to me.

Or a popular chain restaurant? Dominos would be better than the current pizza offerings.

Maybe they'll bring back Dutch Night in the MDR?

Sorry... all the big food brands have been locked in by NCL...

Your post actually just made me think of this picture... I love NCL and this doesn't represent them but it does make me laugh

norwegian-epig-1-copy-2-300x167.jpg

Signature of Excellence 3.0, indeed!

I will not be shocked (I doubt it happens but I won't be surprised ...) if the Pinnacle is changed into something else. It's not that great compared to most other specialty restaurants.

I will not be shocked (I doubt it happens but I won't be surprised ...) if the Pinnacle is changed into something else.
That's hardly "where no cruise line has gone before" but could be one component of a new partnership deal. Edited by jtl513

Maybe they will combine "Le Cirque" with "Cirque du Soleil" and create a new dining environment where diners have to (literally) jump through hoops for their dinners. Flaming hoops. (Not to mention twirling the silks, walking a tightrope, and swinging from a trapeze...) :D

Hmmm, partnerships and branding sounds like a hot high-visbility chef to me.

Hmmm....maybe not food, maybe hotel branding...let's see, how about a high visibility political figure with hotel branding...OH NO!

The 'signature of excellence' handle has become a bit of a joke.

Marketing needs to come up with a different slogan.

Or perhaps they are announcing something like sterling service in the MDR....ie restoring staffing levels to previous levels.

Edited by iancal

as I've said before from what I was told last year long time Mariners will not be pleased with the latest upcoming changes..hope the info was incorrect... the way I see it and have posted previously when they put a guy in charge of HAL who had never even been on a cruise ship let alone had anything to do with the cruise industry before this is what happens... lots of so-called 'new ideas' that never work ala removing the pool and adding cabins on the Veendam and Rotterdam if you remember that fiasco.. they probably promoted the guy -- you know 'promote the problem' to get rid of him.. I expect more of the same.. again I hope I am wrong

these announcements should be a doozy

as I've said before from what I was told last year long time Mariners will not be pleased with the latest upcoming changes..hope the info was incorrect... the way I see it and have posted previously when they put a guy in charge of HAL who had never even been on a cruise ship let alone had anything to do with the cruise industry before this is what happens... lots of so-called 'new ideas' that never work ala removing the pool and adding cabins on the Veendam and Rotterdam if you remember that fiasco.. they probably promoted the guy -- you know 'promote the problem' to get rid of him.. I expect more of the same.. again I hope I am wrong

What do you expect them to announce that's going to displease long-time Mariners?

... I too would love to hear this announcement. However, I think it was proven that speculation is futile and given HAL's history of announcements, I have a feeling my reaction will be....meh.

Not just HAL I'd say, but it seems whenever a line says that they're going to be making a press release/announcement in the future, it's usually anticlimactic. The best info typically seems to come out of the blue.

Tom

Not just HAL I'd say, but it seems whenever a line says that they're going to be making a press release/announcement in the future, it's usually anticlimactic. The best info typically seems to come out of the blue.

Tom

Ain't that the truth. :)

Thankfully the guy who made those decisions is long gone from HAL. The new president has a tough job but i believe he's done well to date and really improved some backend staff things that are very important.

Maybe they will combine "Le Cirque" with "Cirque du Soleil" and create a new dining environment where diners have to (literally) jump through hoops for their dinners. Flaming hoops. (Not to mention twirling the silks, walking a tightrope, and swinging from a trapeze...) :D

This is one of the best posts yet. :D

I hope the new branding includes things that are uniquely HAL. I will be very disappointed if it's more mass market 'us, too" type initiatives. I'd be most happy about a return to classic, tradtional crusing, more upscale onboard experiences, etc. I'd be disappointed if this another move copying things on the mega-ships, which lets face it, they cant really execute well on anyway. I really hope this new leadership team gets that.

Edited by WeLoveCruising

Veendam and Rotterdam aft pools had nothing to do with Orlando Ashford and there was never information it had to do with someone not from HAL previously or the cruise industry... I don't understand the connection you're making between the 2

Tom

No doubt you're referring to Carnival here for the most part... they've had a few... "ordeals" in the past re: announcements