Spice Necklace

bettyboop16

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is there a way to refresh them when they lose their smell?

this may help, was posted by Island Star: do the following and they should be like new. Just did mine to make sure I didn't ruin yours.

1 - boil up kettle

2 - whilst it is boiling pour yourself a rum & coke

3 - pour hot water into a bowl and dip the necklaces into it x3 times. DO NOT let them soak! I just mean dip in until submerged and then take out right away. No idea why x3 times is the key but it's what they tell me.

4 - hang them in open window or doorway so they air dry and they should be good as new.

5. Get out photo album and reminisse whilst sipping rum and coke

• 2 months later...
this may help, was posted by Island Star: do the following and they should be like new. Just did mine to make sure I didn't ruin yours.

1 - boil up kettle

3 - pour hot water into a bowl and dip the necklaces into it x3 times. DO NOT let them soak! I just mean dip in until submerged and then take out right away. No idea why x3 times is the key but it's what they tell me.

4 - hang them in open window or doorway so they air dry and they should be good as new.

This technique works well, I still have some from 2013 hanging in my kitchen window, and I do refresh them with the hot water dip every few months.

Also, LOVE the rum and coke idea!! Or Rum Punch if you have a good recipe. :D

We were just there this week . I love my necklaces they smell so good thanks for the tip My necklaces got a little mold on them in the 2 days they stayed in the luggage just wipe them off with wet paper towel . I just don't know what the small nuts are they look like almonds .

We were just there this week . I love my necklaces they smell so good thanks for the tip My necklaces got a little mold on them in the 2 days they stayed in the luggage just wipe them off with wet paper towel . I just don't know what the small nuts are they look like almonds .

Nutmeg maybe?

• 5 months later...

1 - boil up kettle

This definitely works. Mine have lasted for years!

Note: It's OK to drink wine rather than rum&Coke while doing it. :D

LuLu