Review of Explorer from a 9 year old

rrkky

Thanks for posting Kori's review. My kids have kept a journal on all of their cruises and it never occured to me to post one for the benefit of others with kids. I loved the penpal idea.

Great job Kori. Glad you had a wonderful trip with your family.

Excellent! I can't wait for my kids to get up tomorrow morning so I can show them this. We are cruising on Voyager April 1st. The eastern carib. also. We go to Labadee though.

My DD will be 11 in November and my DS is 8. This will be their first cruise so they are very excited. They really don't have a clue what to expect even though I have showed them every picture I can find on the net.

My DD loves to write and I bet she would love to give her side of the cruise when we get back.

Thanks for the very cool post.:)

Hi Kori,

I am going on the Voyager of the Seas in November with my 9 year old son. We are going to surprise him (and his younger brother) with the cruise, and probably we won't tell them until the morning of departure!

I'll print out your great review for him to read on the ship. I'd also like to know, what were your favorite things to do on the ship? Is there anything you would recommend that we bring for him? What should he do first?

thanks, we look forward to hearing from you!!

:) :) :)

Kori, Thank you for sharing your wonderful cruise with us. It helps us "oldies" to get a kid's perspective. Reminds me the first time we flew with our grandson (he was 5 at the time). As the plane took off and banked, he looked out the window and said "Grandma, the whole world is tilting." I think of that and smile every time I fly. You are an awesome kid with an equally awesome mom. Bet you got an "A" for your report.

Kori, how cool was it for you to do this! My kids have sailed many times and whenever they are missing school, they have to do the same thing. Now here's an idea you can do with that review. If Mom and Dad took lots of pictures, put a scrapbook together with a page for each day and print out each days journal entry and add it to the page. You'll look at this a few years from now and be able to remember all the little details. We try to do this with each cruise. Unfortunately we are quickly running out shelf space! Thanks again. ;)

Archived