Current Concierges continued discussion

Recently, Carlos would not allow PC's in the new Suite Lounge and, if they entered, would not allow the bar server to give them a cocktail - until it was brought to the Hotel Director's attention the next day. Like Rahul, Carlos is not Pinnacle friendly. Still waiting to see the door sign he had printed to exclude the PC's. A friend took the picture and was going to post.

I saw the photo on another website. It was pretty specific about who was "allowed" into the CL.

You mention Rahul, is he the Concierge on Freedom? We have only sailed with him once.

I saw the photo on another website. It was pretty specific about who was "allowed" into the CL.

You mention Rahul, is he the Concierge on Freedom? We have only sailed with him once.

Yes, Rahul is the Concierge on Freedom. We have sailed with him twice. The first time, the wording in the letter in our cabin was confusing to us so we stopped into the lounge the first night to ask where the D+ were to go. Rahul seemed a bit dismissive and told us to go to the lounge in the front on deck five. We eventually learned that we would have been fine in the Concierge Lounge. However, we again sailed with Rahul in October and he was very nice, so the first time there may have been mis-communication.

Recently, Carlos would not allow PC's in the new Suite Lounge and, if they entered, would not allow the bar server to give them a cocktail - until it was brought to the Hotel Director's attention the next day. Like Rahul, Carlos is not Pinnacle friendly. Still waiting to see the door sign he had printed to exclude the PC's. A friend took the picture and was going to post.

Yes, Rahul is the Concierge on Freedom. We have sailed with him twice. The first time, the wording in the letter in our cabin was confusing to us so we stopped into the lounge the first night to ask where the D+ were to go. Rahul seemed a bit dismissive and told us to go to the lounge in the front on deck five. We eventually learned that we would have been fine in the Concierge Lounge. However, we again sailed with Rahul in October and he was very nice, so the first time there may have been mis-communication.

Thanks, Terri! We had a small issue as well.

I was on the first Liberty sailing out of Galveston. On that cruise the Pinnacles were able to use the CL. Diamonds and Diamond Plus were all in the Catacombs. On the next sailing D+ were allowed on the CL. I would agree with the statement that Carlos is not Pinnacle friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana

Amit went to Navigator to finish out his contract. He said he is unsure of where he is going as of now when he returns from Vacation.

Nadja will finish her contract (6 more cruises) in the Diamond Lounge and then she will be back as the permanent Suite Concierge at the end of February. So unsure of where Ricardo will end up after Diego returns to Jewel.

Very happy to hear Amit is joining Navigator. Do you think he will be on it for the 2/25/16, 3night sailing out of Port Everglades. Or is he just filling in. If someone is onboard with him now, can you ask.

My DD and I sailed with him in Australia in February and he is such a joy to be around. I have an expiring e-certificate I need to burn. We've always enjoyed the Navigator and much more so than my other options Majesty or Enchantment. If Amit is there, it will for sure a pleasant cruise.

:)

I do hope he is still onboard late February.

Many guests were asking him and Nadja about his. As of this week (which for him was busy due to getting to the ship Day 4 of the cruise) he wasn't sure of when he would be signing off. However, that is right around the time Nadja will be back.

We've sailed with Rahul many times over the past few years when he has been in the CL and he has been extremely helpful to us and we are D+ not Pinnacles. He has always been welcoming and also really ran a very efficient and friendly lounge. We think he is one of the best and most professional Concierges in the fleet. Edited by SherriZ366

Amit went to Navigator to finish out his contract. He said he is unsure of where he is going as of now when he returns from Vacation.

Nadja will finish her contract (6 more cruises) in the Diamond Lounge and then she will be back as the permanent Suite Concierge at the end of February. So unsure of where Ricardo will end up after Diego returns to Jewel.

Thanks for the update -- please keep us informed about Amit, Nadja and Ricardo.

Thanks for the update -- please keep us informed about Amit, Nadja and Ricardo.

I'm not on Navigator again until the same week next year (11/27), however if I hear anything from other passengers I know that will be on the Navigator I will for sure update. Next up for me will be the Independence and Grandeur in January.

Carlington's first cruise back on the Freedom will be 1/24/16. At this point unsure of how long he will be there and where he is off to next.

(He has moved around a lot on this contract since early fall Freedom to Enchantment to Legend now back to Freedom)

It sounds like that is the case with a lot of concierges now. With both ships coming out next year there will be a lot of movement in the next few months, so some of them dont' know where they will end up come spring.

I was on the first Liberty sailing out of Galveston. On that cruise the Pinnacles were able to use the CL. Diamonds and Diamond Plus were all in the Catacombs. On the next sailing D+ were allowed on the CL. I would agree with the statement that Carlos is not Pinnacle friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is our 2nd week on the Liberty, have been in CL every evening and Carlos has yet to speak to us!! He hasn't talked to most of the 26 Pinnacles yet either. I will admit, we are a large group of friends that have met cruising and cruise this same time every year out of Galveston. We pretty much take up the entire lounge and can be loud. I'm sure he has received a lot of complaints from the suite guests and I don't blame them. Think he is just tolerating all of us until the new suite lounge is built and he will milo her have to deal with at least most of the D+.

In past years (Navigator) out of Galveston, the Viking Crown area was opened for overflow with bar servers, which gave us a larger area to gather. The Liberty refuses to open this area for overflow, so lounges are packed and very loud with long lines trying to get drinks. This makes for very unhappy loyalty members.

Carla

Liberty will be adding a suite lounge during dry dock in Jan. The lounge will be where the Cloud Nine and Seven Hearts rooms are currently. So both Diamond and Suite lounges will be on deck 14. The current concierge lounge will become a combination library and card room. This will be a much better location for the suite lounge as it will have the same wall of glass that the diamond lounge enjoys and will be the same size. I don't see this a taking anything away from D+, which I am. We always preferred the DL to the CL.

Thank You, 39august for this information, I was confused about the D+ lounge, we will be on Liberty 04/24/16 & 06/05 & 06/12/16 b2b with our Granddaughter.:)

Bill,

This is our 2nd week on the Liberty, have been in CL every evening and Carlos has yet to speak to us!! He hasn't talked to most of the 26 Pinnacles yet either. I will admit, we are a large group of friends that have met cruising and cruise this same time every year out of Galveston. We pretty much take up the entire lounge and can be loud. I'm sure he has received a lot of complaints from the suite guests and I don't blame them. Think he is just tolerating all of us until the new suite lounge is built and he will milo her have to deal with at least most of the D+.

In past years (Navigator) out of Galveston, the Viking Crown area was opened for overflow with bar servers, which gave us a larger area to gather. The Liberty refuses to open this area for overflow, so lounges are packed and very loud with long lines trying to get drinks. This makes for very unhappy loyalty members.

Carla

Carla,

I sure hope most of the pinnacles will file complaints about Carlos via the survey and emails to Miami. The suite guest do have a valid complaint as the lounge was originally intended for them. However, when Richard Fain gave the pinnacles the gold card he gave them equally access, but if I had paid $12,000for the royal suite and could fine a seat in the lounge I would be more than aggravated. By not creating an overflow area to accommodate everybody it seems that the Liberty is acting counter to the enhanced suite benefits RCCL Miami is touting.

Fortunately dry dock is near and perhaps the renovated ship will have sport a better attitude. Sans Carlos.

Edited by Don Pedro

Carlington's first cruise back on the Freedom will be 1/24/16. At this point unsure of how long he will be there and where he is off to next.

(He has moved around a lot on this contract since early fall Freedom to Enchantment to Legend now back to Freedom)

It sounds like that is the case with a lot of concierges now. With both ships coming out next year there will be a lot of movement in the next few months, so some of them dont' know where they will end up come spring.

Thanks -- I have Rahul leaving for vacation on 1-17-2016 -- I wonder if he will have to stay an extra week until Carlington boards.

Thanks -- I have Rahul leaving for vacation on 1-17-2016 -- I wonder if he will have to stay an extra week until Carlington boards.

Not Sure, he very well could have extended his contract a week as it seems many have done due to all the moving around. Carlington Left Legend today for Vacation until Freedom in Jan.