Hub app on the sunshine. Anyone tried it yet?

love2traveljen

Just off the Sunshine this past Friday. We used it and it would definitely use it again. It was no charge due to it still being beta tested. There were only 2 of us (and in the same cabin), but we only had an issue 1 time with the chat feature.

It was really nice to see your S&S charges and what was happening around the ship. If it listed the menus, it would be perfect!!

I hope you enjoy the Sunshine as much as we did - can't wait to sail her again.

Edited by LRY229

I just saw this mentioned on FB and looked it up.

The HUB App is currently on the Carnival Breeze and Carnival Sunshine. It will be available on the following ships (dates subject to change): Carnival Freedom (11/16/15), Carnival Conquest (12/05/15) and Carnival Glory (12/06/15). The rest of the fleet will roll out during 2016. The Carnival Vista will launch with the HUB App.

We start a 3 week cruise in 2 weeks on Freedom. I didn't think I'd get to use Hub before Breeze in Nov 2016. Anyone know if this is still on track to start on the Freedom today.

We used it on the sunshine on the 10/31 sailing and while there was some problems in the middle of the cruise (about 3 days?) where we didn't have it, overall when it did work, it was great. Guest services told me when it was down that they were working out some kinks. I strongly recommend downloading the app. Just remember to do it before the cruise starts. I have an android and my kids have iphones and I had no problem contacting them or my husband. Great way to find your family. As to contacting people in other cabins/bookings, I am not sure about that. We were under the same booking so we had no problems.

• 4 weeks later...

I loved using the Hub app. We didn't use he chat function though. There was an issue with the time displayed on the app because we had a time change on the boat. We left out of Canaveral but they set ship time to San Juan. That meant that the app was an hour behind. While I figured out how to adjust the settings for the physical clock on the app, the times for activities were still hard coded and the alerts came fifty minute after the activity started (if it had been working correctly, the alert would have come ten minutes prior to the activity).

I do wish that the menu for MDR was a feature. Maybe I'll suggest that in my post cruise survey.