sunshine..cut backs..nope

Thank you! I knew I would get flamed but it is quite misleading to title a thread stating there are no cutbacks when we all know there are, and I thought I would name a few.

I am glad the OP is having a great cruise.

Since the cutbacks I have ventured out to other lines. I am sure we will have fun on our Journeys cruises coming up but I will miss a lot of things that use to be on Carnival.

My only point in replying was that the OP was stating how much they enjoyed the cruise and from their vantage point cutbacks were not recognized compared to their FUN experience. You came in with a response on your perspective (which is fine as well), but I thought over the top. I took you to task on several points along the over the top view from my perspective.

Obviously you have branched out to other cruise lines, which is also fine. If you think other cruise lines have not made cutbacks, my response to that is that may be short sighted. Enjoy your cruising, any "flaming" as you put it in your reply was just a back lash of same to your response to the OP (IMHO). I see by your reply that you are doing a Journey cruise or cruises, I would interested in reading your thoughts when you return. We can move on.

I never said the cruise was trash. OP stated there are no cutbacks and I just stated that there are.

Well like others have said, the cutbacks aren't a deciding factor on whether I cruise or not. I sailed the Sunshine on Halloween and I must say it was the best cruise I have been on. I didn't care if I had chocolate on my pillow or lobster in the MDR.

My only point in replying was that the OP was stating how much they enjoyed the cruise and from their vantage point cutbacks were not recognized compared to their FUN experience. You came in with a response on your perspective (which is fine as well), but I thought over the top. I took you to task on several points along the over the top view from my perspective.

Obviously you have branched out to other cruise lines, which is also fine. If you think other cruise lines have not made cutbacks, my response to that is that may be short sighted. Enjoy your cruising, any "flaming" as you put it in your reply was just a back lash of same to your response to the OP (IMHO). I see by your reply that you are doing a Journey cruise or cruises, I would interested in reading your thoughts when you return. We can move on.

I am looking forward to the Journeys cruises. My biggest problem with Carnival is the entertainment department the last few years but from someone that was on a Journeys cruise on the Glory last month, they stated that there is a big change for the better.

Lots of waves and rough weather but she is holding up welll.....nice day in san juan but we did get caught in a rainstorm for about an hour...current winds 37 mph heading towards turk

If the 60+ mph gusts didn't shake her apart during last week's trip to Aruba/Bonaire, you should be fine. :D

I am looking forward to the Journeys cruises. My biggest problem with Carnival is the entertainment department the last few years but from someone that was on a Journeys cruise on the Glory last month, they stated that there is a big change for the better.

Understand, still trying to fit a Journey's cruise in for us.

Hi all, my be my title was wrong. To be honest I long foot about the chocolates. There was a captains party but we didn't attend so I have no idea if the drinks were free to not.

This cruise has been very rock and wavy with high winds. Very hard to get balcony door open with the wind. Some shows were adjusted because of this, some excursions have been cancelled because of high winds. Saw some trays go flying into mdr last night because of ship motion. Can't blame Carnival for the weather but we did here a few people complaining that they should get more credit than just a refund of the excursion. Really.

I guess my comment ishould have been my DH and I are not noticing cutbacks. Maybe we are not as observant as others but the shows been great, even though they modify some for safety and did announce it. The food has been great as so has the service.

I only have two disappointments and neither is carnivals fault. One is the weather and the second one is I finally get the Behind the Fun excursion and was so excited. However as we started the tour my DH got motion sickness so we had to give up the tour after doing one behind the scene stop....ah well he is lying down guess I'll go shopping. Have a great day folks.

Hi all, my be my title was wrong. To be honest I long foot about the chocolates. There was a captains party but we didn't attend so I have no idea if the drinks were free to not.

This cruise has been very rock and wavy with high winds. Very hard to get balcony door open with the wind. Some shows were adjusted because of this, some excursions have been cancelled because of high winds. Saw some trays go flying into mdr last night because of ship motion. Can't blame Carnival for the weather but we did here a few people complaining that they should get more credit than just a refund of the excursion. Really.

I guess my comment ishould have been my DH and I are not noticing cutbacks. Maybe we are not as observant as others but the shows been great, even though they modify some for safety and did announce it. The food has been great as so has the service.

I only have two disappointments and neither is carnivals fault. One is the weather and the second one is I finally get the Behind the Fun excursion and was so excited. However as we started the tour my DH got motion sickness so we had to give up the tour after doing one behind the scene stop....ah well he is lying down guess I'll go shopping. Have a great day folks.

Enjoy your cruise! Sorry about the rough seas.

Thank you OP for posting about the Sunshine, we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on her in January and our first cruise in about 14 years. We have a wrap aft balcony and cannot wait-just getting to be on a cruise is going to be awesome.

I hope the rough weather improves and the rest of your cruise is full of Sunshine ;)