Less than a week and still a couple questions!

Scutergirl

We are sailing on the Liberty next Sunday on our first cruise! We are so pumped!!

I have been packing all day and have just a couplequestions:

Do the ships have flavored coffee creamer? We can live without it but we enjoy our vanilla so I can bring my own if not. I just don't want to pack it if I don't need it!

We are booked for several excursions that are sight seeing and beach. We will need to take a bag with swim suits and towels, etc. can we leave this safely on the tour bus when we're off or do we need to keep a back pack on us? Also when dropped at the beach do most of them have places/lockers to leave your stuff?

Our travel agent said check in is 2:30 but I have read so many say go like at 10:30 or noon. Our ship leaves at 10:00pm. What do you think? We were hoping to check in, leave our bags and go see old San Juan. Maybe better to go tour and check in later in the afternoon?

We are staying at the Doubletree which is a little ways from port so we were hoping not to have to pay a taxi twice to go down that way. Any suggestions? I know there is a trolley but don't think it runs to the hotel. I saw someone said take a bus and someone else said that takes too long. Just confused and hoping for some clarity.

Thanks in advance!

No flavored creamer.

We use a little vanilla soft serve for flavored creamer.

Soft serve is available 24/7.

We never leave our stuff on the bus, but that's not to say that you can't.

It's not worth the risk to me.

We normally wear our bathing suits under a tshirt and shorts.

I'm not sure about check in because I've never cruised at 10pm.

We sail the Sunday after. We are going to drop our luggage off at the pier and take the ferry to the Bacardi factory tour and then pick up some wine for our room. Get some lunch and enjoy Old San Juan for the day

When you get off the ferry in Catano, right across the street is a restaurant called Don Tello. DELICIOUS!!

We found it after we did the Bacardi tour and were waiting for the ferry back to San Juan. I'm so glad we did.

If you like mofongo, it's a must try. :)

San Juan is the easiest port to leave from. Since the departure is later in the evening the check in window is very broad. So it flows with most folks checking in at different times.

I left the airport on the Carnival shuttle at about 155PM and was on the ship at 240PM. And I hung around the dock for a few minutes taking pictures. No lines, plenty of staff. Super efficient. I would check in to your cabin and drop of your things and then do the Old San Juan tour. You may not want to leave the ship though. A lot to see on your 1st cruise.

Enjoy your 1st cruise. You will be back for more of them many many times.

Happy Sailing.

I am sailing on Breeze on 05 Dec, 8 nights, eastern Caribbean. Can't wait.

Edited by Jay Sam
addition

Our travel agent said check in is 2:30 but I have read so many say go like at 10:30 or noon. Our ship leaves at 10:00pm. What do you think? We were hoping to check in, leave our bags and go see old San Juan. Maybe better to go tour and check in later in the afternoon?

Thanks in advance!

This is because the majority of ships depart at 4pm, yours is much later so 2pm is a fine time to show up. I believe you must be on board 90 minutes prior to departure, though do double check this if you think you may sight see and travel past dinner time.

Have a great cruise!

We are sailing on the Liberty next Sunday on our first cruise! We are so pumped!!

I have been packing all day and have just a couplequestions:

Do the ships have flavored coffee creamer? We can live without it but we enjoy our vanilla so I can bring my own if not. I just don't want to pack it if I don't need it!

We are booked for several excursions that are sight seeing and beach. We will need to take a bag with swim suits and towels, etc. can we leave this safely on the tour bus when we're off or do we need to keep a back pack on us? Also when dropped at the beach do most of them have places/lockers to leave your stuff?

We are staying at the Doubletree which is a little ways from port so we were hoping not to have to pay a taxi twice to go down that way. Any suggestions? I know there is a trolley but don't think it runs to the hotel. I saw someone said take a bus and someone else said that takes too long. Just confused and hoping for some clarity.

Thanks in advance!

Planning for shore excursions is important; you should be safe to leave your things on the bus. Please do take your ID (either license or passport ashore as if the machines go down, your Sign and Sail Card won't work and they need a way to verify your identity). Carnival will have large blue beach towels in your room, so you won't need to pack those. But do not count on the beaches having any facilities to change. I always wear my swimsuit with a cover up on top, and pack some underwear in case they do have a place to rinse and change. My DH and the boys just wear their swimsuit with a t-shirt on top and make sure to air dry before boarding. The biggest consideration is footwear - flip flops are beach friendly, but depending on the rest of the tour, they may not be. Also, many beaches can be rocky - this is often a good thing because rocks make for coral which makes for more fish which makes for better snorkeling from shore. But again, flip flips won't protect the toes. So, we all have some form of water or sports shoes that can get wet and dry quickly.

And however you do it, take the time to see San Juan - its a lovely old city!

We're on the cruise with you. This is the second time we've sailed from San Juan. The last time we dropped luggage off around noon and were on the ship by 1:00. We got back off and went to CVS to get some wine and wandered OSJ. This time we're staying right across the street at the Sheraton so we can walk across the street at check out time. We always dress versatile for excursions so we're not changing clothes on the tours. We travel light, but we have one small bag that holds things we need to carry and we do not leave them on the buses. We always have our S&S cards, Photo ID with us in the event we're stuck. One never knows. The weather forecast is improving for Saturday and Sunday. Can't wait to have a drink of the day on Sunday.