Cruise Critic Community
Shogun

Crown Grill Lunch

Hi All

Was wondering if Princess was to offer a pay for lunch may be gastro pub style

or an up graded english pub menu on sea days would folks want it or be willing to pay for it.

yours Shogun

They have added the Gastro Pub to the Crown. We were on her in October. We did not partake, but others who did had mixed reviews

I might be interested in a steakhouse-style lunch (smaller, similar quality steaks and sides) if it was offered for a reduced price.

I would not be interested in a Gastro-style lunch that would be paid for.

On Holland America, they offer lunch in their Pinnacle Grill on some days for $10 while their dinner price is $29. Some prefer this lunch menu to dinner there.

Hi

Cunard also over grill lunch, so wondered if Princess folks would bite on the idea.

yours Shogun

Not if they do away with the free pub lunch. Many years ago when the cost for Sabatini's was $20 they offered a lunch on sea days for a $10. It was discontinued after a short stay. Probably was not well used.

Not really interested. I do like Alfredo's for lunch but, of course, there is no extra charge for Alfredo's. I would like for Princess to remain Princess. If people want upgraded, extra charge, venues then perhaps a different cruise line would be the way to go. I like Princess the way it is.

If it is $10 like the Pinnacle Grill on HAL- ABSOLUTELY! Best cruise ship lunch any where, any time!

Not really interested. I do like Alfredo's for lunch but, of course, there is no extra charge for Alfredo's. I would like for Princess to remain Princess. If people want upgraded, extra charge, venues then perhaps a different cruise line would be the way to go. I like Princess the way it is.

Princess used to have Painted Desert open for lunch on sea days. I think it was $6 for a meal and included a drink. This was when the Grand and Golden first came out. I think Sabatini's had a brunch also.

I would be open to something like this again.

Edited by Coral

We've never had Crown Grill open for lunch as a specialty restaurant at an extra cost.

Edited by OCruisers

The original Alfredo's on Sun Princess had a charge associated with it, way back when...

We really enjoy the pub lunch exactly as it is, and hope it remains included in our cruise fare. For us, it has the upsell of a quality ale or beer.

The original Alfredo's on Sun Princess had a charge associated with it, way back when...

We really enjoy the pub lunch exactly as it is, and hope it remains included in our cruise fare. For us, it has the upsell of a quality ale or beer.

The Sun Princess that I sailed on (inaugural 1995) didn't have Alfredos. It had Verdi's pizzeria. Though I started sailing them in 1997 or 1998. I just don't remember any talk of having that cost. Back then, there wasn't any charge restaurants on that class of ship. It was far more inclusive back then (free speciality coffee in dining room, free brewed coffee, free laundry in laundromats).

Are you referring to the earlier Sun Princess that sailed in the 70's and 80's? Or did they really charge for it. It just sounds out of character for that class back then.

Edited by Coral