Cruise Critic Community
Algebralovr

Room selection assistance on MIL

Greetings!

I'm looking forward to booking on a February 2018 cruise on the Millennium. We've never booked on an M-Class ship (although we will have sailed on all the S-Class ships after the new year).

I understand that the CC rooms are a little bigger than regular Verandas. We also like the small perks - the foot stools for example. Cost difference is fairly minimal between the two for the cruise we are looking at.

I tried to search, but was unable to find where the smoking sections are usually located, since my desire is to avoid them like crazy. I always make sure to book on a room on the Even Numbered rooms on the S-class, since the odd-numbered rooms are above the smoking area on 5.

Is it similar on the M-Class ships?

I understand there are some extra balcony - the sweet sixteen rooms. Are any of the CC class? We generally do the book a C3 for a C2 price.

Any M-Class experts available to help recommend a room? I looked at the database but didn't really find what I was seeking.

Thanks!

Smoking is on deck 10 near a pool area. Definately not an issue to any cabin - VERY restricted. We do like the slightly larger CC cabins - same size as S class.

The sweetsixteen cabins are listed in a very recent post. Do an advanced search and you should find them.

The Sweet 16 cabins are all the way forward and thus no smoking issue. They are not concierge class cabins, however.

My experience with M class is that there is a smoking area on either deck 4 or 5, right outside the restaurant. It's on the port side of the ship. So if you book on the starboard side, you shouldn't have a problem. Any of the C2s in the aft section should work for you, although I would avoid the ones that are connecting cabins since noise does travel through those connecting doors.

Starboard cabins are even numbered.

Smoking is permitted on deck 4 portside. Deck 10 portside about 20' under the cover of deck 11 adjacent to the pool. There is also an additional smoking area on deck 11 portside of the open air Mast Bar.

Some, but not all, of the M class fleet have an additional smoking area in an open area of the aft bar outside the Oceanview Cafe. There have been very few complaints from passengers on deck 11.

There are some sailings that offer Aqua class cabins for less than the Concierge class cabins so you may want to look at those as well. There are a few additional perks.

I wouldn't count on the footrests however. They are hard to come by on M class ships.