Hello ladies and quite possibly gentlemen!

The 2015 Brides! and the 2016 Brides! threads have been EXTREMELY helpful. I've seen at least five 2017 brides in the last few weeks so I thought I would start a new thread for our wedding year! Who else has booked for 2017?

I am officially getting married on the Carnival Breeze Sunday July 02, 2017! We're doing a 7 day cruise to Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras. We booked a category 8C balcony cabin last week along with the Time to Celebrate Big package. I secured the DJ option this morning so I know my reception will be held in the Liquid Nightclub.

I LOVE planning things so I know the next year and several months should be a lot of fun getting everything planned and organized. I can't wait to chat with you all about all things wedding!

Hooray, we have a thread! And wedding dates!

My fiance and I will be getting married May 14, 2017, on the Carnival Vista in Miami. We're doing a 6-day cruise to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios and sailing in an Ocean Suite.

We're planning on booking the DJ as well, but we haven't gotten to that just yet.

Hello ladies and quite possibly gentlemen!

The 2015 Brides! and the 2016 Brides! threads have been EXTREMELY helpful. I've seen at least five 2017 brides in the last few weeks so I thought I would start a new thread for our wedding year! Who else has booked for 2017?

I am officially getting married on the Carnival Breeze Sunday July 02, 2017! We're doing a 7 day cruise to Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras. We booked a category 8C balcony cabin last week along with the Time to Celebrate Big package. I secured the DJ option this morning so I know my reception will be held in the Liquid Nightclub.

I LOVE planning things so I know the next year and several months should be a lot of fun getting everything planned and organized. I can't wait to chat with you all about all things wedding!

Congratulations!!! Just remember to breathe and enjoy this time!

Congratulations to all of you ladies! This must mean all of the 2016 weddings are coming so soon :D

Congratulations!!! We are coming up in mid-January of 2016.. can't wait, and I'll be sure to post a review. Like you said, the 2015 and 2016 threads have been super helpful!

July 2017 Bride here! :D

Not sure exactly when because the cruiseline hasn't released the dates yet, ugh.:mad: But as soon as they do I'm on it. I check periodically as does my wedding planner. In the meantime I just look at the 2015 and 2016 threads for insight.

Not sure exactly when because the cruiseline hasn't released the dates yet, ugh.:mad: But as soon as they do I'm on it. I check periodically as does my wedding planner. In the meantime I just look at the 2015 and 2016 threads for insight.

which cruise-line are you going with for your wedding?

which cruise-line are you going with for your wedding?

It's either going to be Celebrity or Royal Caribbean since those are the only two that leave from NJ. :D

Hello there :)

As a heads up, I believe they posted the Celebrity dates for next July (2017). I am getting married on the Summit out of Bayonne August 2016 :)

Hello there :)

As a heads up, I believe they posted the Celebrity dates for next July (2017). I am getting married on the Summit out of Bayonne August 2016 :)

Hey Falls, yes you've given me some great info so far on another thread and through e-mail. Thanks, I did not know the dates came out.:D I just wish Royal's dates were out too so I could properly compare as it seems most of the people we've talked to prefer Royal because it has a younger crowd.

Hello everyone!

I'm so excited to say that I have finally booked my wedding cruise! My wedding will be on April 10th, 2017 aboard the Freedom of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) ship. We are going on a 6 day cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, with port stops in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Costa Maya.

Woohoo!

We are still working on ceremony/reception details. Anyone have any experience with Royal Caribbean? This will be our first cruise and we are still figuring things out.

Also, what is everyone doing as far as decorations are concerned. Can you decorate much aboard the ship?

Any ideas on how to nicely but firmly encourage friends and family who plan on attending my wedding to make their first deposit sooner rather than later? First deposit is $25/pp and due by February 8th, 2016. Everyone keeps telling me how excited they are to attend but only 2 people have called my travel agent to make their deposits. I want them to make this first deadline because Carnival will release my block of rooms after the 8th and then guests are stuck paying the second deposit price which is $250/pp.

Any ideas on how to nicely but firmly encourage friends and family who plan on attending my wedding to make their first deposit sooner rather than later? First deposit is $25/pp and due by February 8th, 2016. Everyone keeps telling me how excited they are to attend but only 2 people have called my travel agent to make their deposits. I want them to make this first deadline because Carnival will release my block of rooms after the 8th and then guests are stuck paying the second deposit price which is $250/pp.

We aren't going through a travel agent (the only ones I could find in the area were telling us that we would have to have everybody's deposit - the full $250 amount - together in order to book at all). We have, however, been telling people that they'll likely save money and get a better room if they book earlier, though. It's been a mixed bag, unfortunately. I would just keep pitching the lower price of the deposit! That first deposit is so small, I can't imagine why people wouldn't be jumping at that.

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to finally be able to post on this board. We got engaged in March of 2015 and will have our wedding cruise aboard the carnival paradise in February of 2017. We are actually planning the ceremony in Cozumel with Magic Memories weddings in Nachi Cocom. We are not sending save the dates, rather invitations a year in advance with a link to our wedding website where guests can rsvp. We are working with a travel agent that specializes in cruise weddings and she has been super helpful, she has a cruise wedding herself! I just bought my dress and am feeling relieved but a little sad that that part is over and I still have over a year. I have to keep off dress sites now!! Since we have so much time there isn't a lot to do besides send out invites which we just got in the mail. Tracking down addresses was a little insane, we are inviting everyone we would to a regular wedding. No inkling how many people plan on attending. Congrats to all the brides and grooms!

Congrats on your engagement! I have a question for you, is there a line that you guys draw for who to invite and who not to invite? My fiance and I are torn on sending out invites to tons of people, or only the people we think will actually go. We have tons of work friends and childhood friends that we would probably invite to a normal wedding, but aren't sure if its appropriate to invite to our cruise wedding since most of them will probably not be comfortable traveling to another state to get on a cruise with us. Your thoughts? I feel like if some of them do end up going it would almost be weird since our group on the ship will mostly likely be small and intimate. Its so hard to gauge these things lol!

We honestly are inviting everyone even if it's weird. We figure most people won't come if they don't feel super close to us and if they did, hey it's a chance to get to know them better. They always say you'll be surprised who comes and who doesn't come. I get stressed out about hurting people's feelings so I'd rather over invite. This may prove to be a super random group but I'm totally ok with that!! Hope that gives you a little insight to what we are thinking :)

Yes that is super insightful! I think I'm leaning toward what you are doing. Id hate to hurt people's feelings if they don't get an invite. The more the merrier :). I am worried about it being a weird mix of people, but like you said, at least it gives us a chance to get to know people better. Thanks for your reply!

We decided to just invite everyone we wanted, I didn't want to hurt any feelings either. We figured only about half would make the trip anyway, and even if we go over the maximum and get charged $20pp that's $20 to have someone you care about there. Think about it, you probably wouldn't go to the destination wedding of your co worker or your neighbors daughter. Another way to look at it is that if extra ppl do end up coming, they are contributing towards our actual cruise being free. We invited about 170 ppl and I only forsee 75 or less attending.I think the really important ppl who love you will end up coming so I wouldn't worry too much. Good Luck!!

FYI: Now what we are being selective about is only telling certain friends and family about the non sailing option because Carnival gave us a strict 50 person limit for non sailing guests.

I'm a 2017 BRIDE!!

We are getting married on January 7, 2017 on the Carnival Elation for 4 nights out of Jacksonville, FL to Freeport and Nassau. We have invited around 80 people but expect 30-35. So far 13 have booked their cabins. :)

I have already sent out the save the dates and we ended up ordering our invitations shortly after Christmas through Zazzle. I couldn't pass up 60% off!

5B26B48B-3523-4B84-96BB-956471161E26.jpg.d589e7fb035a3e130205a547e11719ee.jpg

very pretty Save The Date!

You are having way better luck than me getting people to actually book right away, I need your secret hahahaha.

I'm a 2017 BRIDE!!

We are getting married on January 7, 2017 on the Carnival Elation for 4 nights out of Jacksonville, FL to Freeport and Nassau. We have invited around 80 people but expect 30-35. So far 13 have booked their cabins. :)

I have already sent out the save the dates and we ended up ordering our invitations shortly after Christmas through Zazzle. I couldn't pass up 60% off!

Yeah I'm nervous about getting people to book, they don't have to make a deposit until 3 months before but nachi cocom wants a head count 6 months in advance. I'm planning to have a Facebook group to keep people updated

very pretty Save The Date!

You are having way better luck than me getting people to actually book right away, I need your secret hahahaha.

The day that I booked, I sent out an email to a select group stating that the early saver discount would end that night and it actually forced 10 people to book. I was shocked!!! I've been informing other guests who I know are budget conscious that the price will go up again at the end of the month. I think come Feb 1st, the price will stay the same or decrease. One can only hope!

Hi ladies,

Getting married in Feb 2017 and I am torn as to which cruise line works for us. We are between NCL, RCCL and Carnival. 3 day destination wedding in the Bahamas. Strangely enough, RCCL seems to be the only cruise line that offered professional make up but also seems to be the most expensive one out of the 3. RCCL also has a promotion going on that will grant you a free hour of DJ services if you book before the end of the week. Pressure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi ladies,

Getting married in Feb 2017 and I am torn as to which cruise line works for us. We are between NCL, RCCL and Carnival. 3 day destination wedding in the Bahamas. Strangely enough, RCCL seems to be the only cruise line that offered professional make up but also seems to be the most expensive one out of the 3. RCCL also has a promotion going on that will grant you a free hour of DJ services if you book before the end of the week. Pressure!!

I originally looked at RCC and it was going to be way more than I expected to spend. I liked how the package was for 50 people but it didn't really include anything. I feel Carnival offered more within our budget and that's what we chose with. It's going to cost our guests $259 for the cabin for a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas. We aren't going to be on the boat that much so I couldn't justify the splurge. Congrats and happy planning!

Makeese, I definitely agree. The RCCL package doesn't really include much. I guess it had me stuck because of make up since I am terrible at it. I do have some time to learn though! I liked the carnival package a lot and the representative was kind enough to answer all of my silly questions with patience. You mentioned that you and your party won't be on the ship much so I am guessing that you did not book a reception? Also, are you getting married at port? Thanks and congrats !

Edited by Cruise_Bride17

Makeese, I definitely agree. The RCCL package doesn't really include much. I guess it had me stuck because of make up since I am terrible at it. I do have some time to learn though! I liked the carnival package a lot and the representative was kind enough to answer all of my silly questions with patience. You mentioned that you and your party won't be on the ship much so I am guessing that you did not book a reception? Also, are you getting married at port? Thanks and congrats !

We are leaving out of Jacksonville and the first day we are at Freeport. Second day we are in Nassau which is where we are getting married. We are getting married on the boat and having an hour reception. After that, we'll get off the boat to do some sightseeing. And one day at sea so I looked at it as nights and one day at sea so having my guests spend more for a cabin when we wont be on the boat as much. Carnival told me there is a salon onboard and out have to make your appointment on the day of embarkment. I'm going to try to perfect my hair and makeup (we have a year) but worse for worse, I'll let someone else do it aka the cruise. Do you plan to do a beach ceremony?

Why not have a makeup artist do your makeup that morning before you board the ship. If you do a makeup trial before hand you could just purchase the little items that your makeup artist will use that you will need to touch up throughout the day like powder and lipstick that way you could get your make up done that morning and just touch it up yourself.

You could even bring your makeup artist with you on board as a non sailing guest. Another option is if you have a friend or family member attending the wedding that is good at makeup, I'm sure they would love to help you out in that way, maybe even as a wedding gift.

Hi BimTheDuck,

Those are all great ideas! The ceremony is going to take place on the beach in the Bahamas which is a day or two after we board (have to check the itinerary again!) so that won't be an option for me. None of the people attending are big make up fans so I think my best option is to just take these 12 months that I have left and start learning how to apply my own make up! It's about time lol. I really don't want to be caked up anyway since we will be under the sun.

oh yes, and since you're getting married in February it wont be sweltering hot so you wont have to worry about sweating or your makeup melting off. I have found that YouTube is a great resource for makeup tutorials. Practice makes perfect so I'm sure you will look BEAUTIFUL!!! And I'm with you on the cakey makeup, more natural looking makeup on brides looks classic and timeless, plus you want your hubby to recognize the person walking down the aisle;)

I want to try to do my own hair for the big day so I will need to practice as well. Good Luck to us both Cruise_Bride17!

Hi BimTheDuck,

Those are all great ideas! The ceremony is going to take place on the beach in the Bahamas which is a day or two after we board (have to check the itinerary again!) so that won't be an option for me. None of the people attending are big make up fans so I think my best option is to just take these 12 months that I have left and start learning how to apply my own make up! It's about time lol. I really don't want to be caked up anyway since we will be under the sun.

Why not have a makeup artist do your makeup that morning before you board the ship. If you do a makeup trial before hand you could just purchase the little items that your makeup artist will use that you will need to touch up throughout the day like powder and lipstick that way you could get your make up done that morning and just touch it up yourself.

You could even bring your makeup artist with you on board as a non sailing guest. Another option is if you have a friend or family member attending the wedding that is good at makeup, I'm sure they would love to help you out in that way, maybe even as a wedding gift.

We aren't getting married on embarkment day so I'm hoping a family or friend would do it. I did have someone but now she can't go to the wedding. Once we finalize our guest list, hopefully those I have in mind end up going. :)

And the stressors begin... We sent out invites (instead of save the dates) a week ago for our February 2017 wedding and already have been having to deal with issues! Haha for some reason our wedding website only works if you type in address with all lowercase letters (go figure) and apparently our first deposit date is in two weeks! I'm waiting to hear if I can get that extended a bit. I set up a group on fb to try to get everyone's questions answered in one spot, we don't have direct access to updating our website so this is easier.

We just booked with Carnival, 4 day Bahamas, June 11, 2017! We picked the "Lets celebrate big" package. I'm so excited. We already have 16 cabins booked!

After picking a venue and looking over our budget, going to wedding expo's, stressing all the details... we decided to go with a Carnival wedding!

My fiance proposed August 2015 (my birthday) on the carnival sensation. We figured we love cruising, the price is right and why not have a long celebration!

We have already booked the Carnival Vista on January 22, 2017 and will be changing it to our wedding cruise! :D