2017 Brides!

BimTheDuck

Hello all,

This is my first post after lurking the boards for months. My fiance and myself finally made a decision to skip the big wedding and get hitched in the Caribbean while cruising . As we went to choose a cruise line with dates to reserve last night . We noticed that 90% of the ship is already booked for June 2017. My fiance really wants to keep our original wedding date of June 10th but looks like all of the ships that has that date on a Caribbean port is almost booked. I'm not sure at this point what to do as we do plan to invite a few others to join us. I also wanted to skip the carnival wedding packages and get a Bahamas one . Does anyone have any experience doing it that way ?

2018 Bride just lurking. MissCoffeecake, where do you get that 90% is booked? If youre looking online, Carnival for instance, will only show you a limited number of cabins in each area to chose from. There is usually more available...Id be more concerned about the actual wedding experience not being available....maybe thats what you mean??

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

Edited by StingRaysfan

2018 Bride just lurking. MissCoffeecake, where do you get that 90% is booked? If youre looking online, Carnival for instance, will only show you a limited number of cabins in each area to chose from. There is usually more available...Id be more concerned about the actual wedding experience not being available....maybe thats what you mean??

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

We got it handled . A friend helped me and I called a travel agent and she blocked a group of rooms for us. Now I been doing some research on an embarkation wedding and it seems impossible in the Bahamas with the waiting period.

Sent from my Z987 using Forums mobile app

Hello! We're getting married in Sep 2017 on the Carnival Valor on a four-day cruise to the Bahamas. Just wanted to share our experience so far, since it may help you make some decisions...

You're right - in the Bahamas, you have to be there for 24 hours prior to your marriage. Now, our cruise goes to Freeport, then Nassau, so we could technically get married in Nassau. However, when we called, the wedding coordinator warned us that we and our guests would pretty much miss that port, since the wedding will take up most of the day. Bummer, right? SO...

We decided to do a vow renewal at sea. It's a little tricky, because they require that you provide proof of marriage prior to booking. The obvious benefit is that you can get married during a day at sea, and no one misses out on seeing the ports! The drawback is that you have to get married well before the cruise in order to book. OR (and this is what we're doing)... you bring your own officiant, and then you don't have to provide proof of marriage. A close friend of ours happens to also be a licensed officiant, so he will be presiding over the ceremony, and we will just wait until we return home to sign the marriage certificate. Another benefit is that the vow renewal is much cheaper than a wedding. We just added additional open bar time and a DJ.

I hope that helps a bit!

Hello! We're getting married in Sep 2017 on the Carnival Valor on a four-day cruise to the Bahamas. Just wanted to share our experience so far, since it may help you make some decisions...

You're right - in the Bahamas, you have to be there for 24 hours prior to your marriage. Now, our cruise goes to Freeport, then Nassau, so we could technically get married in Nassau. However, when we called, the wedding coordinator warned us that we and our guests would pretty much miss that port, since the wedding will take up most of the day. Bummer, right? SO...

We decided to do a vow renewal at sea. It's a little tricky, because they require that you provide proof of marriage prior to booking. The obvious benefit is that you can get married during a day at sea, and no one misses out on seeing the ports! The drawback is that you have to get married well before the cruise in order to book. OR (and this is what we're doing)... you bring your own officiant, and then you don't have to provide proof of marriage. A close friend of ours happens to also be a licensed officiant, so he will be presiding over the ceremony, and we will just wait until we return home to sign the marriage certificate. Another benefit is that the vow renewal is much cheaper than a wedding. We just added additional open bar time and a DJ.

I hope that helps a bit!

Thanks It does help ! Our ship has the same ports as yours. I'm talking to my finance now about the possible marriage license issue. I'm asking him about the option to fly and stay to save that hassle. Of course he leaves it up to me to shop around to compare cost . I was also considering getting our marriage license in the states the same day we leave and do the vow renewal then have the courthouse wedding when we return . Since you mentioned we had to show proof that couldn't work im sure .

Um... I would think flying out there would be even more of a hassle, considering you have to be there 24 hours prior. So you'd be willing to miss the first portion of a cruise that you've already paid for? It's not a hassle. Carnival handles all of that paperwork for you, hence their licensing fees. It just means you get married in the second port, not the first.

And having a marriage license isn't proof of marriage, just the proof of intent, so that wouldn't actually cover Carnival's proof of marriage requirement.

So based on your posts, here are your best options... 1) do an embarkation day wedding. You'd get married in the port, have a reception, and then sail off. 2) Get legally married at the courthouse, book your vow renewal once your marriage certificate arrives, and then just treat the vow renewal as your wedding ceremony.

Um... I would think flying out there would be even more of a hassle, considering you have to be there 24 hours prior. So you'd be willing to miss the first portion of a cruise that you've already paid for? It's not a hassle. Carnival handles all of that paperwork for you, hence their licensing fees. It just means you get married in the second port, not the first.

And having a marriage license isn't proof of marriage, just the proof of intent, so that wouldn't actually cover Carnival's proof of marriage requirement.

So based on your posts, here are your best options... 1) do an embarkation day wedding. You'd get married in the port, have a reception, and then sail off. 2) Get legally married at the courthouse, book your vow renewal once your marriage certificate arrives, and then just treat the vow renewal as your wedding ceremony.

Thanks for all your help you are the sweetest. But I finally contacted someone at the registers office and it can be done without the waiting period and with us docking on a Saturday . We have to pay an additional $300 for the actual register to marry us . That helps my stress level I just need to find a planner to help with the island ceremony.

Hi all!

I have booked my wedding cruise on Carnival Pride July 9th-16th. Our ports are Grand Turk (where we'll be married), Halfmoon Cay, and Freeport. I am so excited to have finally made a decision regarding our wedding lol.

However, although originally enthusiastic, some of our guests have expressed that they may not be able to come due to time and money. We expected this, but some of the guests are really important to us and we would like for them to be there!

Has anyone heard of guests meeting the couple/other guests at the wedding destination? I thought maybe this could possibly be more cost effective for those concerned with money and for those with kids that don't want to pay full price for their child.

I know it may be rushed the day of, but this is the only thing I could come up with (I haven't looked into actual cost yet) .

Thanks

Question...We are booked for the Vista in July 2017, wedding paid for..has anyone know of the options if you don't want to go through the expense of hiring the DJ? I don't think that many of my guests will be dancing, I think it will be mostly mingling and visiting. I believe I was told we could do our own music that was on say an IPhone but we would have to have wireless speakers because we would not be able to use the outlets...anyone have experience or know anything about this? Thank you in advance.

Well, I made a pretty big wedding purchase this past weekend - I got my dress! It's a light, lacy dress from Pronovias, and I'm absolutely in love with it. I still need to figure out what I'm going to do as far as shoes and jewelry, but this is a pretty big step!

Hi all!

I have booked my wedding cruise on Carnival Pride July 9th-16th. Our ports are Grand Turk (where we'll be married), Halfmoon Cay, and Freeport. I am so excited to have finally made a decision regarding our wedding lol.

However, although originally enthusiastic, some of our guests have expressed that they may not be able to come due to time and money. We expected this, but some of the guests are really important to us and we would like for them to be there!

Has anyone heard of guests meeting the couple/other guests at the wedding destination? I thought maybe this could possibly be more cost effective for those concerned with money and for those with kids that don't want to pay full price for their child.

I know it may be rushed the day of, but this is the only thing I could come up with (I haven't looked into actual cost yet) .

Thanks

That is what a couple of our guest are doing . I put enough information on our website to give them some direction. I also plan to do a hotel block for those that decide to fly in .

Well, I made a pretty big wedding purchase this past weekend - I got my dress! It's a light, lacy dress from Pronovias, and I'm absolutely in love with it. I still need to figure out what I'm going to do as far as shoes and jewelry, but this is a pretty big step!

Congratulations! I got mine a few weeks ago .

That is what a couple of our guest are doing . I put enough information on our website to give them some direction. I also plan to do a hotel block for those that decide to fly in .

We are doing the exact itinerary and getting married in Grand Turk also! I have some that have expressed an interest in meeting us there. Only thing that may seem more expensive, is having to get on two (or more) flights!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

That's a good idea. I started looking at pricing and I'm not sure it will make a big difference pricing wise :-(

We are doing the exact itinerary and getting married in Grand Turk also! I have some that have expressed an interest in meeting us there. Only thing that may seem more expensive, is having to get on two (or more) flights!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

That's awesome. Are you doing the same dates too?

I am new to cruise critic. I really enjoy reading all the different comments and advice. I will be getting married on the Carnival Breeze in April 2017. I'm so happy we have finally booked. :)

Did anyone have photographer other than the one carnival provides? I have a cousin that would like to gift us wedding pictures... any advice on that?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All- Congrats to all. I am a 2017 December bride. So excited.

I am too! Aboard the Carnival Glory 7 day out of Miami December 2-9th. We will be getting married in the Cayman Islands, on our 10 year anniversary of dating. So excited!!! :)

September 22, 2017! We're sailing on the Carnival Inspiration. Just a quick 3 day cruise to celebrate with friends. We're from So Cal, as are most of the guests we invited, which will make it convenient. We do this cruise regularly since we live so close, so we're looking at it as a 3 day wedding reception and are going to be planning lots of activities with friends and family rather than getting into honeymooning mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just a quick vent/check-in to people that understand. We were planning on bringing our photographer along who is a friend and beautiful wedding photographer. The wedding is 3 months away and she is now unable to come. I know everything will be ok and we will find someone else but I'm feeling really bummed. I've always loved her work and don't know that I'll be able to get someone as good for such a great price. I'm also hoping we're not out the $500 deposit, I'm waiting to hear back from my TA now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi ladies! I'm new to this site and it looks awesome! I am getting married on the Carnival Ecstasy out of Charleston April 8, 2017. We'll have 50 guests and about 35 will sail with us on our 7 day cruise. Super excited! My question is are you wearing a traditional wedding dress or something more simple? I bought a dress a few days ago but can't stop thinking about a different one that I tried on. It is absolutely beautiful and my dream dress.. I'm just not sure if it's too "big" to enjoy on a ship? Any thought, opinions, experience, or pictures are greatly appreciated.

Thanks y'all!

I'm getting married one day before you, different ships though. My dress is huge and I'm very worried about getting around the ship.

Did you decide yet what you will do for your dress? How is your planning going?

Mine is 478 to be exact. [emoji267]

I'm not far in front of you. [emoji85]

Carnival Magic - 8 Night

Exotic Eastern Caribbean

Grand Turk

San Juan

St. Kitts

St. Maarten

September 2017

Wedding Cruise!

Carnival Fantasy

Bahamas

May 2014 & May 2015

We're also VALOR MAY 2017! CONGRATULATIONS!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

I am new to cruise critic. I joined specifically for help with Cruise Wedding related questions. I will be getting married on the Carnival Vista in August 2017. I'm sooo excited to be able to do it on the new ship. We have booked the Havana Cabana Suite and can't wait to get on board, lol.

We're doing a port wedding since any guests that go with us will be sailing guests. Our plan is to get married on Grand Cayman, take some pictures on the beach/island, then head back to the ship for the reception. We have booked the time to celebrate big package with the DJ. (does anyone know what room that would be in?)

So far there's not a lot of info out about the Vista, but I'm sure as it gets closer to my wedding date we will have more info. I've read a bunch of threads so far tonight and there seems to be a lot of great, helpful and friendly people on here willing t share about their wedding experiences. Makes me even more excited for my cruise wedding :0)

I don't know the layout of the Vista but since the Valor only had one nightclub, that's what we were automatically given with the DJ package.

Hi BimTheDuck,

Those are all great ideas! The ceremony is going to take place on the beach in the Bahamas which is a day or two after we board (have to check the itinerary again!) so that won't be an option for me. None of the people attending are big make up fans so I think my best option is to just take these 12 months that I have left and start learning how to apply my own make up! It's about time lol. I really don't want to be caked up anyway since we will be under the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We got married on 11/11/2016 on the beach in Nassau and had our reception back on the Valor. If you're having it at Orange Hill Beach, the location is quiet and beautiful. Congrats!