Join Pete and Judy on their FIRST World Cruise on the Amsterdam

The-Inside-Cabin

Hi Ruth,

I have been to 55 countries before this cruise which will add 10 new ones to my list.

Cambodia,

Cook Islands,

Greece,

India,

Indonesia,

Jordan,

Oman,

Portugal,

Sri Lanka,

Vietnam

Judy has been to 45 countries and she will add 14 to her list. All of mine are new to her as well, plus Spain, UAE, Israel and Thailand.

Pete

I am enjoying your blog. We have a lot in common; ex-Navy, 200+ days on the Amsterdam, and we did half of the WC in 2014. It is my understanding that HAL decided to avoid India on the 2016 cruise altho it was originally in the itinerary. Are you going there on a side trip?

Ray

I am enjoying your blog. We have a lot in common; ex-Navy, 200+ days on the Amsterdam, and we did half of the WC in 2014. It is my understanding that HAL decided to avoid India on the 2016 cruise altho it was originally in the itinerary. Are you going there on a side trip?

Ray

We are going to India independently from Colombo. Visit Taj Mahal and rejoin in Dubai. I was in USN from 76 to 2006

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really, really hope the internet holds out on the ship!!!! I could very easily get used to this thread on a daily basis!!!!!!

Photos great, commentary a fun and informative read. You do a wonderful job.

Thanks and enjoy!!

That's a very valid point. Jeff has cursed the internet service on the Amsterdam and now does not post as regularly. I do hope it holds up as my mornings will be ruined without the blogs.:(

Count me as another that will be following along. Thanks so much for writing this [emoji106]🏻

I am loving the play by play, reminds me a lot of my style of Live Froms.

You are going to Love Captain Mercer.

Btw we will be in port with you on April 15th as I disembark the Koningsdam [emoji6]

Really enjoying your thread and loving the fact that you actually answer questions posed by your readers. I anticipate that this thread will not only be a highly entertaining read for me each day, but informative, as well. I am sure I will have a few questions, too. You have already answered my first question about storing luggage!

My husband and I will be on the Amsterdam for the 2017 World Cruise. Your thread is only making us that much more excited!

I hope you and your wife have a wonderful time. How incredibly fortunate we are to get to experience this kind of a voyage, whether it is in an inside cabin or suite. Life is good!

Cathy and Barry

Oakville, ON

Pete and Judy,

I'm so grateful to you for sharing your first WC experience with us. We also are 3 star on HAL and we wonder what it would be like among the overwhelming majority of multi-WC cruisers, Presidents Club members and all the HAL elite who get their well deserved perks, but do the 3 Star first timers feel left out, or worse? I will be reading every word and I'm hoping your experience is excellent - and maybe we'll have our chance in a few years. :) m--

Thanks for sharing what will be an incredible adventure with us!

I can't imagine anything more exciting than setting out on a World cruise.

Wishing you Bon Voyage!

Norris

CC members mention subscribing to this thread. I assume that means you get notified when a new OP thread is sent or such. hOw do I do this? I found subscriptions on the cp page, but it didn't tell me how to list something I want to know about each time it arrives at CC. can you help? Is my understanding of what a subscription is even correct? Thx a lot...I would love to follow along on this fab journey. mArg

CC members mention subscribing to this thread. I assume that means you get notified when a new OP thread is sent or such. hOw do I do this? I found subscriptions on the cp page, but it didn't tell me how to list something I want to know about each time it arrives at CC. can you help? Is my understanding of what a subscription is even correct? Thx a lot...I would love to follow along on this fab journey. mArg

If you go to your "User CP" (in the ribbon at the top of the page), then click on Edit Options, choose Messaging & Notification & Default Thread Subscription mode, you have a number of choices in a drop-down menu. I choose Instant Notification, but you can also opt for daily or weekly notifications.

Bon voyage!

Odd request, if at all possible. There are several very cool Pinnacle dinners you have listed. I'd lot to see menus of some of those if you can photo them anywhere. F not no worries of course!

I will do what I can. Thanks

I will be posting menus and on location on my personal travel blog. http://Www.theinsidecabin.com

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

Still rockin here on the Amsterdam. Look for update in the AM. Menu and on location will be posted on the Blog! Party on!

Let the adventure begin!!!!!! I hope you have a glass of that great wine from CA in hand! Cherie

Edited by cccole