Cruise Critic Community
johnjen

Anthem Negative Reviews - A Letter to Royal Caribbean

Here's my take (and I'm currently sitting in the Royal Theatre on Anthem waiting for a show to begin). I think that a letter from someone who has actually experienced these problems rather than reading about them is going to be much more effective. They can easily brush off your comments as being from a small minority of guests. And I disagree that a written letter would make more of an impact given that you can email it directly to the CEO (who your letter should have been addressed to). They can just as easily ignore your printed letter, especially when you addressed it to the equivalent of "To whom it may concern".

For the record, I have not had any service problems in the dining rooms or with my cabin steward. Things are not perfect (especially in terms of food) but they're not as bad as I was led to believe.

Absolutely agree!

Update - I've decided not to send off such a letter; thanks for all of your responses. My only main concern was (hoping) that RCL might look into some of the feedback on the complaints about shortcomings on staff (due to a shortage of staff) and (maybe) correct some of them - or at least, look into it.

Thanks so much again for the feedback on all of this.

And, most of all, thanks to admin for their assistance on this thread as well.

An amusing point to note:

Before my Jan 3 cruise, I read a lot of complaints about tables not being cleared fast in the Windjammer. I believe someone listened to all the complaining.....on my cruise, if you dared to blink, your plate was cleared and gone from the table...which was totally annoying and frustrating because you would have to go for a new plate and when you get back your full cup of coffee and toast was gone!:D

Before my Jan 3 cruise, I read a lot of complaints about tables not being cleared fast in the Windjammer. I believe someone listened to all the complaining.....on my cruise, if you dared to blink, your plate was cleared and gone from the table...which was totally annoying and frustrating because you would have to go for a new plate and when you get back your full cup of coffee and toast was gone!:D

I didn't have that happen to me, but I was concerned to leave my table at lunch because I was afraid they'd take my plates. I even had someone ask if they could get me something to drink at lunch, and brought us lemonade when I asked for it!

However, at dinner time, there weren't any tables available, so we had to sit in an area they had tried to rope off in the back. No managers (or anyone else) were on the floor trying to help people find a table or suggesting that we sit in the closed off area (or cleaning tables that might have been empty). That was disappointing.