First time In N.O. Advice.

Jan the City Fan

My partner & I are in New Orleans at the start of April for 2 days before our cruise, we are coming from the U.K, and we are staying in the french quarter area.

We would like to take a paddle boat trip in the day time, would we need to book this or can we just turn up.

We will probably take the streetcar, do we go anywhere particular on it, or just get on it for the ride & the views.

Also any other tips of what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Take the st. Charles streetcar...it goes thru the garden district.beautiful homes..get off and walk around a bit then take it back...paddle boat you can just show up and buy tickets...if you are cruising out of New Orleans you will pass the same things..kind of a waste of time....go to cafe du monte for beignets, a muffuletta at central grocery...and walk walk walk...

thank you for your reply. We are cruising out of New Orleans, but my partner wanted to go on a paddle boat. Not sure why, but I preferred not to book it, just wait & see. So it is helpful to know we can just go on the day if we decide on it.

Also we will take the streetcar but wasnt sure what places were best to get off.

I appreciate your help xxx

You can take the st.charles up to Audubon park, walk thru it and take the magazine street bus back down or....take the streetcar to Washington street..that is where commanders palace is, walk around that area..nicest homes...or go as far as the Audubon park, turn around and get off at Washington on your way back..walk around and then head back.