Carnival Valor Eastern Review with photos

lovestocruise19

Great review! Thank you so much for all the pictures and details! I've been looking all over to find which nights we could anticipate being elegant, and I'm thrilled you mentioned them both.

Did you by any chance keep any of your Fun Times? One of the pieces of information I'm searching for is on what night(s) the Chef's Table is most likely to land. We're signed up, and I know you don't find out for sure until you're on the ship if it's going to happen and when, but I'd really like to be able to plan out if we want to try eating dinner somewhere nice in port in St. Thomas, or if I shouldn't bother.

Thanks again for the great review!

Great review! Thank you so much for all the pictures and details! I've been looking all over to find which nights we could anticipate being elegant, and I'm thrilled you mentioned them both.

Did you by any chance keep any of your Fun Times? One of the pieces of information I'm searching for is on what night(s) the Chef's Table is most likely to land. We're signed up, and I know you don't find out for sure until you're on the ship if it's going to happen and when, but I'd really like to be able to plan out if we want to try eating dinner somewhere nice in port in St. Thomas, or if I shouldn't bother.

Thanks again for the great review!

On the first and second night of the Fun Times it lists a little paragraph about signing up for the Chef's Table, but I looked through all the others and couldn't find when the actual event was. This is what is in the first and second Fun Times:

"The Chef's Table: An exclusive experience sure to be a highlight of your cruise! Enjoy a sublime multi-course dinner and private tour during an amazing evening with our executive chef. $ For reservations, dial 1078."

On the first and second night of the Fun Times it lists a little paragraph about signing up for the Chef's Table, but I looked through all the others and couldn't find when the actual event was. This is what is in the first and second Fun Times:

"The Chef's Table: An exclusive experience sure to be a highlight of your cruise! Enjoy a sublime multi-course dinner and private tour during an amazing evening with our executive chef. $ For reservations, dial 1078."

Thank you so much for following up so quickly! I appreciate it!

Thank you so much for following up so quickly! I appreciate it!

Sorry I wasn't much help! I'm thinking because it is somewhat of an exclusive event that maybe they don't list it in the Fun Times and that only the guests of the event know when it is when they get the invite. Enjoy your cruise!

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your review. We are doing the western in April with cruise newbies too. Can't wait!

I can see the pictures of the hotel but none of the ship.

Same here. I have my first cruise booked in a few months and I would love to see pics from such an in depth review! I see a pic of your hotel rom but nothing from the ship. :(

Same here. I have my first cruise booked in a few months and I would love to see pics from such an in depth review! I see a pic of your hotel rom but nothing from the ship. :(

Sorry you can't see the pics. I'm not sure why. Here's a link to my FB of the ship pictures. Hope that helps!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153886175409721.1073741912.729359720&type=1&l=37026b4203

We got off the ship in Puerto Rico at 8 a.m. and waited until we saw our tour group for the Rainforest Drive. We didn't want to wait in the Ivanhoe Theatre again just to be crowded off the ship. We drove about 45 minutes to get to El Yunque.

aYnUROXe546DCaL_bgrrZo9EoH8GUCS9juk5A7s_swask1YFERgxhGstP1W4DRXwRR-dfNvkElxcxBV9vLk7LlEUzaPxNI9CBICFzLsahKmtgLOvm19qc_ixC80ge2O_7U0E8M4IaZRFkbp8QXVyXDu5zRcnqoXPHXsvz1MGhAI_KdTfg99g7ZE0axxyE0lmDfDPUfixE2mbxcI36C797TFzgaaFZ0EB47uWGXzzV5pFPtWZFLc-tJjDnQP6yJ53R-uKjQizK7etzrlnQBIL145-EwEUN1yUI6ug3zjBpp3CDUqGcsvtGIoiquLSOEHhqJKklhl1dK_DJnHQDgEeUdfYakt2a8nKUZvqBKZehSayEOfvay9TH5W-wC9ILeYRA8A5AqjVcEbBW-RwU3Zbgf8HoYdDOUHIBcx8Vere3XAHqyUAw0_0GJs6bIiwPyPx9akDUI1Z4AQpzH2ZLB-XB0OFgOeLi-MB7G7O-k1NC58pFStSCCFAA-dx-RuynoR3tboJoS9wbHIBx-2XyNvCP-4L1Q-VD_vCdYZKQmUTBueSEfUXKPjIsK4NG0NbyuzzSJgy=w876-h657-no

We spent about an hour at the Welcome Center.

VRJL_wOn-v88yjkiWYlsQRAQ6rC0OPaJNXE8t_AswVT6AYTvTQcnrRbpQRTUH1U6-n7A3eM_n90YkD2rwFl7qXt0qCeyKkv-ICkSXDFhbph_MjwLxKvyjc6zfOsCEQx1lelY0vRDNDMjAbB7FeYL81qGYo8-P4BZFWh1bmBHfiv_3_fKNAGUsEIxQDYZNdxOwZSMVzggLGzaHl-cXFhSYRXztQzW9nVc9jao8WjBqRw97Pqa_31hKIlr4-e5xlE3BaAhuvHI-IVS2merLotceNsb-s9j63dYSROqxuU3miDo79RQRM9OHtDmy5cYziYqGtk6egKu-QthxACp4vOrx4Ka52q8sziXos71RU10bJxrnszJV_RBdmoIuw7Yu_R2k4_ndpXF1UbsEp_gFoVxXbic1dFFvB4-vpsk-vcRcpkZXfQ2D_YaubbtFtjhv3EsSZi1JZ5VorFwRvBJAnCaEbHH_LiV2jSUVpH3WD5XvlANxUTpJud98CAFZ84ynKoxOKei2dnnNa2bU7WoVQ-lQZXFdGVtyJpbr4xBT02pz4XwRVAlklSXB481BJT5mthh2IFc=w876-h657-no

snVu2EEHlcvaaNcxi_jKG7tyg2SGuoxqcSOS_5vLL0Z6JrfsP0CVaxD4QqWJNlkhLIRJkWhFuwP9ljOqnzeRV8yH9BO6s66RFJDVcPIPiqWyjn0g7jMjZTmKbZcPESoESBnqWwPLLNmDqEbkC5KApq9k4V4-M76IWWtSVwdBZ92ebeZZ7EYmWy9jx6AcIcE5VELkVqS4ayge1zIik-Cf4FwJo90KqUcVqu3krBK-v9iweHX658UfyNt8i3QO5gD39XdRG5lCThIZVib9P49P-OmQVKM-EHAS0lp-IT-6o15atsbl2DFuev4JmDfqea7gYplLeHDABWdhlkl3Guv6A-ZwcjE972-Bz0Z_Jdr5-EJ-nX9lPsR_AW3C4XY4X2jZvqnOXuq4KjvmrCwnoqIMOGGHCeq2EaNTqo-s6fUZZjFDeTeLZITgzSPbOFL5AYS5zfobK9-jrk7dbm17XqF11scip9RZphKc59wobg4Ykvfb4_ZUjpHBxqAz_Ww09piLYUTXhPzXxBImTyQ8pmNjV3v8dR-c2ymzJf86IFJb10EgoRXh6q5eMenQus1BUXT_rMRw=w876-h657-no

YP2yJkAtHE21al7u0vJUwWMaryNtZKtnvuMAb6DZaRZqSoLsFZ7fBCFm-UJP1TYfkQaIQZxX-hnjO6eAJWIZBsUFbyTGI9flO4WbSJKcGKYmuI7HVT_GAV0dexHc_4_kBbokGgCWMXt7DEBjUADBOespfqzkGj1gWCwvrlWo16nkG_mMYRlwiDXKZwukQC6asN-wdbHRDzAxncmyCowPzdZCmoYtUtZC3-jpLsU1-kRW7YPK-SQ1N7xL6_7H6DQOJ6Zo_g9US6PNt2lVjxJlIgdGBMn2LbiyW7Hc27yTINo3sBxpBhd1n8XClHhlumcwyuKW_a2Y-TaOLt17v93y7_kBtlUNOhkRgB3QIP_Ir66StQLfSS4aL7pF9boNC1bkzQCUTG8qhwH-3_nH3Cl_jJJu8ca3chK-V7XWOXEZXokON7XJDOYf-syPkwsHsJt7wJA1DzOaN8xJQgcn2Y1Z7vB7mjPlXhlM0GyIv0L3mDExXDcVieXHi7p2zEPHoRjUC3s1MSMA2PJvrx35ymdkwVgC_S05yvC0hF2Uh3WlSkMPBExziyMi1vH3qHZ8dt1Yn3sO=w493-h657-no

DkuVDM-k2gKJlpGsa3AwePVuJ3KjGQRPEYyFp2LdnzcmvXNhEFU-CNlz3p8m3kL4oZMfqf4FWsD3KtMx4Bmpzt7fY1yYADFWovRCtO99uzghgTfAz0-CAHmn8WP43BSuNNLVslDtMLr0dnKvBHde-wIyH5RdhJKvP5sf6E-NBFyRcj2RlIHs5ZRVQxvEW7QtY1PPYvYr-coHL1_YnBpCMEs4gfklu4lwzbVi7YtQXgabPettCQ9t_wZhzU2spkl-yApDSV_ncEQxIleYfXn5r7JC0_ZJlVDNLkHZ_bp5VmcvTLNsR8t23ltKmjQI8OX29cHeP5GRyQikHXKQH8lj_shVYvFYhhwSfZcNZn_UEe4wbjzmap8xj8WXdzL6iLnKcELF5svY2aGx_f4cHQ58CQQT3nn_V0AWsDdbCSc1vnI9X8sjsxKnBi1x5lWQ9oARiPHouaahVy09QtOG2omgF1ap-TWBmSNgyQM0bF8Cl6I-W1y_Bbiqg1U20BmRW00DrBk7TIgv-EXCfENdXSUmVcurSj2YWSdmH0TyOM0O8zttRjhdPRdmZXeZV35Hr1IbHd7y=w876-h657-no

W6m_Pa1DyqIf-KoI7MNtEUMtXbiKmX7AFCMpTL33Bya1nZ5xjgdr8bpzW_Rj7XeQurnnVKrKwKp1XcMSFNMjCB5gqiEGieJeZBeIAsEl7NAqO4sXvGWzYkAyO3QhxV-ECauzWIYKGilKZm389dhgmB7NpfeSmzulfJswUEA3-YQRgQrWOxC4yxsR7UGFNsRr2ZBv4yLAU1CvwAr6av9cpOphBG2aNxf8VNZI8PlZFRL84wC602UaFAtLo1kfOB2MRIT5McqcQC_RmtBvV3b385iIa9KZb_3mr4ePLZyixQ87A6bMr5FRofkD8ba0J9uqeQa4U-Nqy7XzUKML66c9PyEKO64EhIRh6KQWn5YRcAuPAbeqzssPwEhwV-GgnMJTkcPk7ZWTC0Q-Uj-Siu5Wpo1_l2H6QBgSow3IeDUyOUrR1jjcptWrKtk8hAi6mlxHxEb5SAOPhuSLcj1E01Ttni_3e_j0en5G0w3hm8jr0f5FnYfbHK1Pbp0G1Hac_v-QSgm5pWUkWtCTxDnNtuk2Fq9zstE9vjVL1tM_RBOzf7_6at-Ew4_0fxh2p0w_fp0uaR3j=w876-h657-no

Great review. We are doing this itinerary on the magic in August. We don't have anything booked in Puerto Rico and were thinking of just taking the free trolley to the forts. I was contemplating the rainforest excursion but it had less than good reviews. Would you recommend it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review. We are doing this itinerary on the magic in August. We don't have anything booked in Puerto Rico and were thinking of just taking the free trolley to the forts. I was contemplating the rainforest excursion but it had less than good reviews. Would you recommend it ?

The rain forest is a long ride. We got to stop at one waterfall. I was hoping to see exotic flowers, but that didn't happen. I live in East Tennessee so the trip was like visiting the Smoky Mountains with the beach visible in the far off distance.

We would not do it again.

Thanks for the link. It seems you have them set to private because I was only able to see a few tiny thumbs. When I clicked on the picture to expand it, it says I don't have permission. I tried clicking on the part that said 'view 45 more photos' and I got the same- no permission. Thanks anyway! :)

Sorry you can't see the pics. I'm not sure why. Here's a link to my FB of the ship pictures. Hope that helps!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153886175409721.1073741912.729359720&type=1&l=37026b4203

Thanks so much for your review & the FB link to your pics. I've enjoyed seeing the pics throughout your review, but it is also nice to just see them all at once.

My first time in Puerto Rico I took the free trolley to El Morro. That was fun (and cheaper than a Carnival excursion). We had trouble catching a free trolley back to port, so we ended up taking a taxi van instead (if you'd like to see photos of El Morro, click on my Carnival Liberty review link in my signature). I enjoyed the rainforest excursion too, but it was fairly low key. There wasn't a lot of hiking and it certainly wasn't very adventurous if you are into that, but just seeing a few spots was enjoyable for me. I think some people rate it poorly because the waterfall isn't that big. But it's still very beautiful!

How are you able to post videos in CC? I've never seen this before.

There's a little You Tube icon at the top and you just put the link in there like you would with an image so videos show up in your feed. It's not the entire link, though. It's just the letters at the end if I remember correctly.

There's a little You Tube icon at the top and you just put the link in there like you would with an image so videos show up in your feed. It's not the entire link, though. It's just the letters at the end if I remember correctly.

Thanks so much. I've never noticed that before. The new thing I learned for the day :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Love your reviews!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to get to Cruise Critic on my computer again. For the past couple weeks it's been saying I've been blocked and I have no idea why. I can get on on the app, but I'll definitely need to get back on on my computer to do my review of my upcoming cruise!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk