Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oregonian

Sept. 11 '05 Tahitian Princess Cruise Review

Oregonian, thank you for the great review. We are leaving the end of October with our best friends from Oregon and they will be so happy to hear that you were able to check your bags straight through. We meet up with them here in LA.

I heard that John Clelford was the new cruise director on the Tahitian. How was he and do you know if he will be there through November? Thank you again for the great review.

Great review! We really enjoyed both Marc's and Bruno's tours during our June, 2004 TP trip.

For quite a few photos of both excursions, follow the link below.

cgoingmom, since I can't tell you what the cruise director does I really couldn't say how good John Clelford is. We didn't go to any of the shows except the 4 local dance shows (and they were great) nor did we take any of the Princess excursions. I can tell you we had a great time though. Ira

Great review! We really enjoyed both Marc's and Bruno's tours during our June, 2004 TP trip.

For quite a few photos of both excursions, follow the link below.

Thanks for putting a link to your great photos! How did you like the accomodations in Papetee? We're doing Tahiti-Hawaii in August, and are looking at 1 night pre-cruise in Papetee and 1 night pre-cruise in Moorea. Any tips? We're interested in OWB in Moorea.

Oregonian-

how did you take the six bottles of wine with you-well padded in your big suticases? or in your cary ons? or did you buy them in papeete?

just curious--we would like to do the same thing--I don't see some of our favorite wines on their wine list-

thanks,

tahitisweetie

Great review!

And thanks again for being willing to lend me all your Patters, Menus, Island sheets, etc. for our group website! I know our group will really appreciate knowing in advance what to expect each day.

As soon as I get them I'll start posting them to our website for everyone to enjoy!

7_3_1v.gif Even though I'm on the Marquesas cruise in November, ..I would also love to see the menu and patters. My email is my CC name plus @aol.com. As a fellow oregonian ..I wish to say thank you in advance.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb062&pp=ZS

First of all, Tahitisweetie, we have a couple of soft-sided two-bottle wine carriers which I toss into our check-in bags, well surrounded by clothes. We brought four bottles this way (and saved one for the Moorea Pearl after the cruise) and our friends from MA did the same. Fran says you can get these in luggage stores or at a Toyota dealership(!).

Second, the plan is to deliver the menus and patters physically to candydane who will scan them and post them on her group's website, http://www.bctonline.com/~lindac777/. I'm sure she'll post something on cc when she's got them up on her site, and of course you can just check her site periodically.

Ira

Second, the plan is to deliver the menus and patters physically to candydane who will scan them and post them on her group's website, http://www.bctonline.com/~lindac777/. I'm sure she'll post something on cc when she's got them up on her site, and of course you can just check her site periodically.

Ira

Yes, I'll be sure to post to the Pacific Islands message board as soon as I get the patters and menus scanned and loaded.

Thanks again Ira for sharing your "memories"!

Great review and it brings it all alive and makes it even more exciting to look forward to. We will be in cabin 7114 which I think may be right next door to where you were? Flying all the way from Scotland to Tahiti!

...I heard that OS cabins have fresh flowers already in them. Is this true? I love flowers and would hate not to buy them before boarding and then find that there weren't any in the cabin.

Patnlcc,

Cabin 7114 is the mirror image of our cabin on the port side of the ship. There are two cabins in between. Funny thing, when we rebooked for April '07 (the furthest out that we could book at this time), cabin 7119 was already taken so we booked 7114. We didn't think it made much difference which side of the ship we were on. Starboard might be slightly preferable only because the sail-by of Taha'a early on the morning when you leave Raiatea is off the starboard ... but we had effectively sailed by Taha'a on our excursion the day before anyway.

Princess provides a nice but modest flower arrangement in the owner's cabin. We coudln't resist the knockout arrangements available at the Marche for so cheap (especially when NOTHING else is cheap in French Polynesia), so we bought an additional arrangement. Remember, you are berthed in Papeete the day after you board (assuming you are there the first day), so you can always look at the flowers Princess provides, and then go to the Marche before sailing on that second day if you want to go all out on flowers as we did.

Have a great trip. On this cruise, it's hard not to!

Ira

....reading such detail is wonderful. I always research our trips as best I can, and all the info on cruise critic is indispensable. We have a long journey from Scotland, but from what we've read, it is worth it. Had a great trip to Oregon/Washington about 10 years ago. Stayed in the Bend/Redmond area. Thought Crater lake was one of the most picturesque sites in the US. Thanks again!

Oregonian,

If you're on the 4-16-07 cruise, I'm sorry we have your cabin. I thought it was too early to post a roll call -- I guess not.

Meribeth

Meribeth, I expect that we'll wind up moving our cruise date to June or July once booking for these cruises open up. We booked the 4-16-07 cruise pretty much as a place-holder as it was the last cruise open for booking at this time. Enjoy the cabin ... it's awesome! Ira

Ira,

Do you have contact information for Albert's? We want to get a car by the tender docks and don't want to take a chance of there not being one available.

Thanks for the great review. Very helpful. J.

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed reading your review.

Can you tell me if you pre-booked the Budget and Albert's Car rentals before the cruise?

Thanks, J.

Is this the Bruno's of "l'excursion bleue" that you are referring to? Is sounds like such a rough ride--I am booked on that tour and now a bit concerned...