Oasis - Specialty Dining Package

Freehike

After some headaches with the RCL website, I was finally able to book a 5 Night Specialty Dining Package for our upcoming Oasis cruise.

When we've booked in the past on other ships we have always just bought the package and then made our reservations. This time there doesn't seem to be a way to book reservations for each night. It had us pick either the first or second night to start using the package, but it doesn't let us pick which restaurant we eat at, it doesn't say which one it is that first night and it says we have to reserve the rest once we get onboard.

Is that right? If everyone has to wait, aren't all of the reservation times going to be booked up by all of the other people just buying individual reservations? Plus, wouldn't there be a ton of people lined up to make reservations onboard as soon as they get there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Freehike

If I can ask, what did the package cost? I couldn't find anything about the pricing. Also, do you know if you can make packages for like three of the seven nights? There is only a couple of the Specialty dining options that we are interested in.

Thanks

I remember trying to book a package a few years ago. I can't remember all the details but sounds similar. I couldn't book specific restaurants and times until I got on board. Which as you will say will be more limited. I ended up not doing it because the combos they had didn't match our favorites anyway. And I didn't want to be eating at 5 or 9.

If I can ask, what did the package cost? I couldn't find anything about the pricing. Also, do you know if you can make packages for like three of the seven nights? There is only a couple of the Specialty dining options that we are interested in.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure you get OBC and not a discount on the package price. The percentage OBC raises for each additional restaurant over 3. I havent tried to book it in a couple years because of its limitations (see my above comment).

I'm pretty sure you get OBC and not a discount on the package price. The percentage OBC raises for each additional restaurant over 3. I havent tried to book it in a couple years because of its limitations (see my above comment).

They have changed the program. Now no more OBC you have to book the pagkage.

They pick the first night then you cannot book the other 3 nights on board.

Thanks

The 3 night is $80, 4 night $95 and 5 night is $110.

You can see them in the Cruise Planner section when you pull up your reservation on RCL.

It really, really sucks you can't book your times though. I don't want to be eating at 5 or 9:30 at night because it gets all booked up by individual reservations.

Edited by Freehike

The 3 night is $80, 4 night $95 and 5 night is $110.

You can see them in the Cruise Planner section when you pull up your reservation on RCL.

It really, really sucks you can't book your times though. I don't want to be eating at 5 or 9:30 at night because it gets all booked up by individual reservations.

Anecdotal, I know, but in December, we walked up to both Giovanni's and Sabor and got in with no wait and no reservation. We stopped by Izumi one night, and they said they would be happy to seat us as well. We did go to Giovanni's early, but Sabor was dead and we ate at 7 or 7:30, I think. Maybe I was on a quiet cruise?

We are on Allure in two weeks. Booked my dinning on line and will receive 25% of the total price in OBC. It shows up the first day. Picked my restaurants and times for each.

Have done this before and it off sets the cost of the dinning. :p

So am I reading this right~ Book the package for three nights and they will assign the restaurants and times?? We always eat at Chops the first night so I am thinking the sale is not for us. Also there are over 3 specialty restaurants so I could end up never getting to my favorite dinner.

Let me know if I am reading correctly.

So am I reading this right~ Book the package for three nights and they will assign the restaurants and times?? We always eat at Chops the first night so I am thinking the sale is not for us. Also there are over 3 specialty restaurants so I could end up never getting to my favorite dinner.

Let me know if I am reading correctly.

I read it as they make your first reservation for either night 1 or 2 and you choose the other 2 restaurants and times once on board.

Personally I am waiting until I'm on board to book.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We booked the 3 night package on Oasis last week and got to choose which restaurant we wanted the first night a well as the other 2 night. We ate at 150 CP, Chops, and Izumi Hibachi. That would have been $110 but the package cost us $80. Great deal!

You get to pick the time, but not the restaurant, on the first night.

The rest you get to pick yourself but only once you get on.

It's a terrible program.

I did a similar package on Oasis a few years ago. I booked the days/times once I boarded and had absolutely no trouble in doing so. They do not book out. Just go to whichever restaurants you want on the afternoon of boarding.

I did a similar package on Oasis a few years ago. I booked the days/times once I boarded and had absolutely no trouble in doing so. They do not book out. Just go to whichever restaurants you want on the afternoon of boarding.

I'm not worried about them booking out. I just really didn't want to have to eat at 5 or 9:30 because all the other times are gone.

• 2 months later...

How did this work out for you? I have the same 3 night deal for Oasis in a week. Were you stuck with bad times for dining? I was told on the phone that the extra $200 can be credited back to my credit card since they charged $400 but the packages was $200. :confused:

It all worked out for us, although not without issues.

As I mentioned, with this new package you cannot book your restaurants until you get onboard. When we got onboard however, they had already booked us for all 5 nights. We had been put in Chops twice (4th and 5th nights), which was fine because that's our favorite anyway. Our reservations were 5:30 three nights, and 8:00 the remaining two.

We ran into problems however, on the 3rd night. When we got to the restaurant they said we didn't have a reservation, but they weren't full so they seated us anyway. After dinner we checked on our remaining reservations and they said they didn't have reservations for us anywhere on either of our remaining nights.

We went to guest services and they couldn't really explain why we were given a paper that showed reservations for each night when we really didn't have them. They were able to get us in where we wanted so it all worked out in the end.

I still can't figure out why it says to book when you get onboard, but why they had already booked us when we go to the ship.

We had the three night package on the Liberty. We booked the time for the first night, but not the restaurant. We were told we would be assigned times and restaurants for the other two nights, but we could change them once on board. We went to one of the specialty restaurants right after boarding, and found that we had a time for the first night, but not a restaurant. We did not have times or restaurants assigned for the other two nights. However, we had no problem at all getting the days, times, and restaurants we wanted.

Thank you for replying. So, it seems that the best option is to double and possibly triple check on reservations/times and make sure we get the reimbursement we were told we would get when booking this.

Thanks for the information here, I think I will try one of the packages next month. I have just one question:-

Its my girlfriends birthday on day 2 and we really want to celebration at 150 Park Central for dinner that night. If I select one of the packages and request my first reservation to be day 2 at 7.30pm what happens if we are booked in chops or somewhere else ? Am I able to switch the reservation to an available time in 150 Park Central if I do it on boarding on Day 1 ? or am I tied to the restaurant they choose and all I can do is change the time.

Many Thanks

Thanks for the information here, I think I will try one of the packages next month. I have just one question:-

Its my girlfriends birthday on day 2 and we really want to celebration at 150 Park Central for dinner that night. If I select one of the packages and request my first reservation to be day 2 at 7.30pm what happens if we are booked in chops or somewhere else ? Am I able to switch the reservation to an available time in 150 Park Central if I do it on boarding on Day 1 ? or am I tied to the restaurant they choose and all I can do is change the time.

Many Thanks

Given available reservation slots, they will normally let you change your existing reservations. Just go to the restaurant as soon as you can after you board.