Looking for an excellent tour guide for Amalfi Coast.

zebra

With all the experienced cruisers here on this board - I would love to hear your reviews on the private tour guide you used from the port of Naples, doing the Amalfi Coast. We did the Amalfi Coast about 10 years ago, including Pompeii and thought that there would probably be additional tour guides in the area since we were there last. Looking forward to your suggestions and reviews. Thank you.

We used Rome-car-tours

despite the name the owner Rudy uses friends and family to provide tours from Naples [as well as Civitiveccia and Livorno]

We had a minivan seating 8 and had a fantastic day driving up Amalfi coast to Positano ,Ravello and Sorrento

Afternoon we went to Pompeii[was unable to accompany us in but gave us 3 hours there before meeting us at exit] We could have hired a guide for Pompeii at the site but decided to explore ourselves

There are several good tour operators and we were happy with this company

contact several and provide your wish list and see from the responses which one seems best fit for you

We were burned with the first company we used in Italy who conned us into an expensive lunch which was not what we wanted-it took away from sightseeing time

On the other hand some people want to experience local cuisine so you need to make sure the company knows your wishes to maximise your experience

We used Rome In Limo tour sharing for our tour in October last year. Our trip was great.

I set up the tour on their web site, looking to fill a van with 8 people. When I got the confirmation, there was a link to post to my roll call to promote the tour.

We also did this with our Livorno stop.

Great driver/guides in both cases.