Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas - May 3, 2015

mit429

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all

This thread has been a little quiet so thought I would wake us all up with a 2 week alarm call :)!! Can't believe it is coming around so quick now--must start thinking about packing.

Is everyone just doing the 7 nighter, or staying on board so some of the other legs? We are lucky enough to get to do the next BCN-DXB leg, which looks like it will have quite an LGBT gathering on board.

Hope everyone is as excited as we are...just hope we finally get allocated a cabin soon. Still awaiting our guarantee allocation..agggh!!

Hey all

This thread has been a little quiet so thought I would wake us all up with a 2 week alarm call :)!! Can't believe it is coming around so quick now--must start thinking about packing.

Is everyone just doing the 7 nighter, or staying on board so some of the other legs? We are lucky enough to get to do the next BCN-DXB leg, which looks like it will have quite an LGBT gathering on board.

Hope everyone is as excited as we are...just hope we finally get allocated a cabin soon. Still awaiting our guarantee allocation..agggh!!

Hey guys, we can't wait to meet everyone on board. We've not been able to register for the CC meeting due to a technical error but hopefully should see you all on board! Looking forward to the cruise and meeting some fell LGBT travellers!

Hey all

I'm only on for a week :( But I am off to Vancouver a fornight after that, so no complaints. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. If this cruise is anything like my last one on the Anthem it'll be a very pink cruise ;) I'll be the old git propping up the bar in Boleros (probably).

Shall we say Vintages at 10 pm on Day 2?

Sebastian, I have The Dream in the theatre at 22:45, but I'll surely meet up for a swift glass before that. It's a short canter along the Royal Esplanade to the theatre from Vintages. See you on the 4th :)

Hey,

Did anyone in this thread have plans for Gibraltar; There seemed to be a few people in the main thread organizing a group tour and we were possibly looking to join, although it looks full at this point.

I'm personally quite excited to go to Gibraltar, so I'm trying to get the most out of the day. Kyle isn't as obsessively excited as I am, but ... he's coming along :P

Would anyone be interested in joining a group tour - if so, we can talk about details.

Tim

I've booked dolphin watching in Gib. Booked through a Gib company, but I suspect it's the same company that RCI use. If it's your first visit, I'd suggest walking to the cable car and going up to see the apes. (They say if the apes leave Gib, then Britain will lose control, tsk). Then you can walk down. There are a few pics here http://www.mickberry.co.uk/cruise11.htm

We are just taking it easy in Gibraltar Tim and pretty much doing what Mick has said...walking over to the cable car, heading up, get the views, etc.

Hope you can get on to the tour you want. Let's hope the weather is nice :)

Out of interest, anyone doing much in Gijon or Vigo?

Paul

In Gijon I've opted for the RCI trip to Oviedo and in Vigo I intend to stroll about the town and then hit the seafood restaurants in the alley a block or two back from the front. Last time I was there I did a tapas tour and the time before that was a boat across the bay (with lots of hot steaming mussels and cold Albariño wine, at 10 in the morning :D). Vigo is famous for the mussels that they grow in the bay. You should be able to see the floats in the water as we sail in.

We are getting close!

I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

The regular Roll Call is having a sail away meet up at the North Star bar after muster drill. Hope to see you all there too! ;)

I mer up with Tim & Kyle who were off to see a show. We decided to meet up again tomorrow, day 3 at 10:30 pm at Vintages. Hope to see some of you there!

Edited by Bastiman