whats the first thing you do when you board the ship?

kroozerj

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Usually we head straight to our cabin, drop of our bags, call home and get ready for the muster drill.

Our last cruise was the first that we actually boarded the ship early enough for lunch! We had time to roam around and watch other passengers boarding. I liked that. So, we'll likely do that again on the next one.

Why do you call home? You just left home and your on a vacation!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very first thing is ALWAYS go to the closest bar to the beautiful main foyer/lobby and get a gin and tonic, sit and relax and people watch while we enjoy it. We are usually exhausted from an early morning flight, transport, etc. That G&T goes down beautifully! Then, if we are early, we go find some lunch, if we are later and our cabin is most likely ready, we check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

With us it depends on the ship. It there is a royal promenade we usually walk down and look & maybe grab a snack at the cafe. We usually board before the rooms are open so we can't visit the cabin. We used to go see our MDR assignment but my time dining eliminates that. If we wanted soda packages we would sign up for them, but do that online now. If none of the above apply it is straight to the pool bar for the first drink.

Depends on the ship. We generally skip the promenade where em everyone is hanging out, grab a cocktail and head to park Cafe for a beef on weck. Stop at solarium bar get a fresh drink and hit the empty infinity hot tubs and start relaxing!! [emoji484][emoji160]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

My Cabin has always been ready. After checkin, pick up a welcome cocktail, or get one from bar en route to cabin. Unless there is an issue at guest services( luggage lost by airline) that first, then cocktail. Drop off Carry-on unless all luggage is there then I unpack. Explore the ship waiting for muster drill.

If hungry grab a snack before dinner at a table for two and play with my phone. I travel SOLO. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

But most of all I thank God for my ability to cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Flamencacha
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My wife and I, going on our 7th cruise in 11 days, have developed a nice ritual for the first few hours.

We normally board several hours ahead of time and head straight to our cabin and unpack our hand luggage. We also meet our room steward(s) at this time. For us, time in the cabin at any time during the cruise is a necessary evil, so we unpack properly but quickly.

We then excitedly explore the boat from end to end. We then have a light buffet lunch, do other unpacking if the main luggage has arrived, do the Muster Drill, then race as fast as we can to top deck ready for the sailaway party!

We always just watch the dancing but, this time, we're doing Nutbush ourselves!

Newbies here again.......what actually happens at Sail Away Party? Is this an everybody party or a class party? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Head straight to our stateroom and I sanitize everything that we might touch (i.e. remote control, light switches, flat surfaces, door handles, etc) with Clorox disinfecting wipes, which I have in my carry on. I don't have OCD, I just work in hospitality and know too much for my own good! :)

• Like 1