snorkeling in Aruba or Bonaire?

akacake

Looking for ONE snorkelling excursion...Aruba or Bonaire? Would rather it be a quieter, non party atmosphere, drinks etc are not important, neither is beach time...just want to get to a nice place to snorkel, either through an onboard excursion or reputable onshore guide...I won't have my own gear with me so will have to rent.

Thanks for the tips, Kelly

(cross posted on the Aruba site)

Looking for ONE snorkelling excursion...Aruba or Bonaire? Would rather it be a quieter, non party atmosphere, drinks etc are not important, neither is beach time...just want to get to a nice place to snorkel, either through an onboard excursion or reputable onshore guide...I won't have my own gear with me so will have to rent.

Thanks for the tips, Kelly

(cross posted on the Aruba site)

Just take water taxi to Klein Bonaire, one of the best snorkeling beach in Caribbean .

Thank you. I have contacted Woodwind and 5 of us are going with them as there are varying degrees of experience in our group. They will be able to help the non-snorkelers try it for the 1st time :)

Having done both, I would recommend Bonaire - specifically Woodwind. A quiet atmosphere with a small group [we had 26 the other day], no loud music, no "party" atmosphere. Just a fantastic crew that really care about their passengers. Two terrific snorkel sites, lunch, drinks [alcoholic or non]. They have all the equipment, even wet suits and rash guards, etc. Dee is fantastic, as is the rest of her crew. We've gone with them twice [just returned from a stop there] and can't say enough about how terrific our experience was. Doesn't matter if you're a first-timer or an experienced snorkeler - they'll take care of you.

Drift snorkel on Klein Bonaire--as well as beach snorkel--are fabulous.

~Aruba: MiDushi snorkel had 3 stops, very professional, lots of fun! Not a party boat (not rowdy "dolla, dolla, dolla", etc.), but they do serve rum punch on the way back. Older, more sedate & experienced passengers.

1st & last snorkel stops were in shallower, calm waters; saw lots of less-common fish.

The middle stop was deeper, over a sunken WW2 German boat. Lots of other boats stopping here too. Pretty good current, so if you're trying to get your workout in, that's the place.

After the last stop, we had a great lunch with yummy flavored rice, nice grilled chicken and lovely fish, fruit skewers. Drinks, hard & soft, water, etc. They have a rope swing & folks got to be kids again. Highly recommended.

Edited by sofietucker