Escape - Live 1/30

TheDougOut

a75fa9d5b719daf2fbfd8cc8307286f1.jpg

6ed3484660a359d3aaa9687ca12a46c3.jpg

67cd867b03713263d2b91ae9a7e99486.jpg

Does it get any better than this?? A beautiful day at sea.

No sign of my parents so far today. It's probably been a few decades (or never) since they shut down a bar at 1am, but since they're not in their room, I assume (hope?) they're out exploring.

Well, it's that time... I gotta go show off my shirtless LeBistro bod up on the pool deck. I loved the slides on the BA, and am excited to try the aqua racer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

NatalieAnne: Join our very active Roll Call for the Feb 13 sailing, there's a Meet & Greet and Slot Pull planned for Day 2... this review is getting me soooo excited!!

Thanks Margie. New to Cruise Critics site, just getting the hang of it. Will check out the Roll Call post!

8b93ad98de13fabd598eeabeaffe425e.jpg

The midday pool deck has never been overly appealing to me. I'd rather be there in the early evening when the crowds have thinned and it's more of a laid back atmosphere.

The photo was taken during the Ms. Norwegian Escape competition. It must have been extremely competitive, because it kept ending in a tie - requiring an additional dance off (wink, wink).

defb0e7426f9b931a3cd652db72a8b2a.jpg

Rebellious towel fish

Enjoy your sea say, any trouble getting loungers?

Gf went up around 11am and secured two side by side adjacent to the drop slide exit, facing out to sea. It would probably be unlikely to find multiples together around the immediate pool deck right now, but there's definitely availability in other locations. Chair hogging didn't appear to be overly abusive - most taken chairs were occupied by bods.

After sitting there for awhile, a big dude exited the drop slide and actually managed to get a bit of splash up over the barrier and onto the chairs. It actually felt pretty good to us - but I could see it being unpleasant to others.

95fa0d34eb4b31a30a19a4b45460f261.jpg

Bong, who's that??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be glad to him next week again. He said since he got his hair cut he thinks looks like Shrek. LOL. ts he right???

Edited by CruisinHarvey

7f48ebd60fa9199109a6d97c3bf35c81.jpg

An embarrassing story I forgot to share last night.

Around 1:30am, after exploring decks 6-7-8, I boarded an empty elevator on deck 6 to return to my room. In my silly and "had-plenty-of-refreshments" mood, I pulled out my phone to take a "Successful Day 2" selfie of my reflection on the elevator wall. As the flash was going off, the door opened and two younger girls were there - laughing at the scene they just stumbled upon.

Ugh... no 40 year old man should be caught with a flash going off in an empty elevator.

As Haven customers on previous cruises we were spoiled by the Haven out door bar and never having to worry about a place to relax in the sun.

I have read about the limited ability of the Vibe passes and was wondering how difficult you found it find a decent spot and where. We don't have to be near the pool. Sun and bar service more important.

8b93ad98de13fabd598eeabeaffe425e.jpg

The midday pool deck has never been overly appealing to me. I'd rather be there in the early evening when the crowds have thinned and it's more of a laid back atmosphere.

The photo was taken during the Ms. Norwegian Escape competition. It must have been extremely competitive, because it kept ending in a tie - requiring an additional dance off (wink, wink).

defb0e7426f9b931a3cd652db72a8b2a.jpg

Rebellious towel fish

We asked a house keeping supervisor where the freestyle fish went in the carpet. On the other newer ships there was always one fish going to opposite direction in all the hall patterns. That's gone in the Escape. He didn't know why. I always thought is was funny.

We asked a house keeping supervisor where the freestyle fish went in the carpet. On the other newer ships there was always one fish going to opposite direction in all the hall patterns. That's gone in the Escape. He didn't know why. I always thought is was funny.

Good to know! I can now stop studying the carpet as I walk the halls. I though it was rather obvious on the Breakaway... was it the one gold fish?

ee660e26fc266d3d32a3b6e1bce6d52c.jpg

247037c90aff7c4dda07ff4912ad2102.jpg

We haven't eaten since breakfast, and were thinking of hitting Food Republic before we realized how limited the hours were. So we went up to the Garden Cafe during the "snack period" hours between lunch and dinner.

I gotta say... we've always been pleased with the buffets on NCL. The food is typically well presented and fresh, with lots of variety.

51df0c6c4ad29d7ee4f312317aaf1ffd.jpg

Relaxing on the Waterfront. So peaceful - waves crashing below, soft music overhead, warm salty breeze.

805e4e58bd73006000d24eae9fb21042.jpg

Banana and cheesecake gelato.

Shhhh... don't tell the kids. And yes, this is about 15 mins after my soft-serve / cookie combo.

I haven't heard or seen mention of "dress up or not" night (is it still called that?). I'll try to make note of it when it comes up.

I believe it's called "Norwegian's Night Out" now. Typically the first sea day.

I have read about the limited ability of the Vibe passes and was wondering how difficult you found it find a decent spot and where. We don't have to be near the pool. Sun and bar service more important.

Walk-up bar service is seldom an issue. At peak mid day crowds today, I was able to walk right up to the upper pool bar, and be served after one other guest. To be honest, I don't think I've seen any of the wandering cocktail staff up on deck, but maybe that was just because of our tucked away location.

In efforts of full disclosure, I did have a couple of unfavorable staff encounters today. The first was at that upper pool bar. The bartender was so disinterested in our interaction, that when she returned my room key, she just laid it on the bar and didn't recognize my attempt to hand her $2 (I always tip $1 / drink). I ended up handing it to the coworker, mentioning it was for the other bartender.

The other encounter was at the buffet bar. When I walked up there was a 2-person deep line, so I just naturally lined up as #3. When I was 2nd in line, a couple of teen boys walked right up to the bar, and seemed frustrated that they had to wait at all. When the person in front of me walked away, the boys blurted out their order to get the bartender's attention (Shirley Temples, no less - an impressive way to express your dominance, boys).

I nicely looked at the bartender and said I had been waiting in line and would simply like a Diet Pepsi, showing him my card. I'm not sure if he misinterpreted my request, but he seemed legitimately frustrated with me. He then asked for my card, which I lifted again to show him. He said, "give me your card." So I handed it to him, even though I had just watched him visually check everyone else's card. He took it to the register and swiped it. When he dropped it back on the bar, I asked him curiously if they're swiping for sodas. His response... a shake of his head "no". No idea what that was about.

Both of these encounters are the exception. The crew on this ship has been top-notch... friendly, attentive, and personable.