Port Canaveral - Now there are 4 off-site parking lots

SteerageJoe

A new lot will open soon - Lots of Honor. According to the signage at the lot it a service-disabled veteran-owned business.

Current pricing about $6 per day. The website says 10 minutes but 15 minutes from the cruise terminals is more accurate.

A discussion of the four off-sites with pictures is here.

61911bece5ac14ee4fbad6a23f0ddb74?AccessKeyId=48967324A3B30B96693E&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

actually as I recall both of those sites have been each tried TWICE and never survived I should say 'areas' as I'm not sure these are the very same addresses

they are much farther away and need to offer something substantial to beat the two existing popular places. I'd also note that 'capacity' of the existing locations would not seem to be an issue. Park Port Canaveral had a second location you may recall and shut it down ....

Edited by Capt_BJ

actually as I recall both of those sites have been each tried TWICE and never survived I should say 'areas' as I'm not sure these are the very same addresses

they are much farther away and need to offer something substantial to beat the two existing popular places. I'd also note that 'capacity' of the existing locations would not seem to be an issue. Park Port Canaveral had a second location you may recall and shut it down ....

I agree.

These sites west of Rte 1 also have to compete with the 40% discount ship-side parking vouchers from partner hotels!

One angle they may use is to partner with travel agencies who offer "packages" and offer really low rates to make those packages appear attractive.

I think it is always best to do a bit of homework before booking anything - the word "package" does not guarantee a lowest price and/or most convenience arrangement!

• 4 months later...

They left us stranded, took the phone off the hook and we had to spend $40 on a cab to get there. Now they claim I was offered my cab fare and a refund, lies. Now they offered me 3 days free next time, 7 days free would not be worth it. Don't buy into the military service BS, just another business run by a family and kids.

• 3 months later...
They left us stranded, took the phone off the hook and we had to spend $40 on a cab to get there. Now they claim I was offered my cab fare and a refund, lies. Now they offered me 3 days free next time, 7 days free would not be worth it. Don't buy into the military service BS, just another business run by a family and kids.

So, I don't usually go around defending businesses as I think people are smart enough to make their own decisions about their opinions on places like this, but I gotta say, you seem seems totally wrong, sbinatl! My family has already used Lots of Honor TWICE since they were recommended to me, and I've been overwhelmed with how awesome and nice they were. Plus, their prices are GREAT, I can't even tell you guys how great. There are two really nice, polite, friendly folks there, Pam and Gerry, and I would recommend parking with Lots of Honor just to get to talk to them, they are so nice.

SO, I don't know what kind of bad day you were having, but this place is nothing like you said. Just look at their reviews and you'll know that they aren't just some kids and family runing the joint (though it is a military family-run business, GO MOM AND POP PLACES!) it's a real, awesome place to park. Everyone else, try it and you wont be disapointed

• 1 month later...

I went with company because of its reviews and when we arrived they were prompt and very nice. Coming back on 10/08/16 was another story. When we got off we didn't know where to go but asked some others and seen a couple we rode with coming to the ship. We waited for a hour calling the company but no answer till my husband saw a van dropping off people and got the van to come to our side to pick up people. It happen to be Pam whom brought us too the boat 09/30/16. She only had a little room so we waited. Around this time a greeter name Shad finally showed up and starting checking off people. We told him that we been waiting for a while and was told a shuttle should be coming. It was another hour with a lot of calls to the company no response. My husband again went to the drop off side to get the van to get us. Pam laughed at my husband when he said we been waiting for two hours. Shad keep giving us the run around. When the next shuttle came we decided to just jump in. Shad tells me I cant get in because we aren't on the list. He checked us off an hour ago. I told him I wasn't going to let my five year child stay out here any longer and got in and when another passenger from the same boat defended me and his reason for getting in also because they were waiting as well. He had the cops called on him. My husband is a vet and this was very deplorable actions on their part. Also the guy at the company when we came back would not let us talk to the manager. We were patient and gave Shad the benefit of doubt with contacting the company with all the chaos the Hurricane cause but we realized we were being lied too. Another couple had to get a taxi to get them back to their car. This is my first and last time with them. Bad service that I paid in advance for.

I actually found great reviews that is why I went to them. They were great at the beginning but not at the end. I didn't get reviews from here. Only from facebook their website and people that have used them before. I had a bad experience others had good ones. I am just stating what was done to me Capt_BJ

• 3 months later...

We read all the bad reviews here and really took a chance at Lots of Honor.

We were fortunate to have a bit of extra time so we were in no hurry.

When we got of the Celebrity Magic and made it through customs, the shuttle was right there and we hopped right on. I don't think parking at the port would have been any faster.

Maybe they saw all the bad reviews and have responded - dunno - but we were happy to save the $$.

This is strictly a personal opinion so take it for what it's worth. I've read too many of the reports of scams and problems with off site parking for Canaveral, FLL and Miami. I'll stick with the actual port parking areas thank you. Not worth the possible issues that have been reported just to save a few bucks.

This is strictly a personal opinion so take it for what it's worth. I've read too many of the reports of scams and problems with off site parking for Canaveral, FLL and Miami. I'll stick with the actual port parking areas thank you. Not worth the possible issues that have been reported just to save a few bucks.

I recognize your concern. For Miami I agree 100%. Experience with FLL is limited (I leave my car with family if forced to sail from here)

For Canaveral I can tell you that Park n Cruise and Park Port Canaveral have both been in operation for a long time in the same place with minimal problems reported. I've been using P n C myself for years and recommend it to my friends.

• 1 year later...
I booked parking for our upcoming March cruise with Park and Cruise for $6.95 per day. I feel fortunate, since your post mentions $8.95 as their going rate!

They raised the prices about 3 months ago. I have used Park and Cruise and it was a pleasant experience and would recommend to others

528 parking is even farther out than the failed Lots of Honor

an industrial area I would not leave my car in ....

Thank you! I was just going to make a post asking for opinions of this location, when I decided to do a search 1st...the price was tempting since Park N cruise is now $10.95 a day....but I've used them in the past without any major issues....guess I will be using them again in April

Thank you! I was just going to make a post asking for opinions of this location, when I decided to do a search 1st...the price was tempting since Park N cruise is now $10.95 a day....but I've used them in the past without any major issues....guess I will be using them again in April

Since Park Port Canaveral and GoPortCanaveral do not use the valet parking system - you keep your keys - I think these two are worth a look as well.

But if you like Park 'n Cruise then you can save quite a bit by booking them via Lots Of Honor. You pay less, apparently a portion of your payment go to veteran affairs and you get the same Park 'n Cruise service/shuttles.

Off-Port-Parking-Canaveral.jpg

• 1 month later...

Has anyone booked through Lots of Honor recently? Their number and address for parking now show Park and Cruise. Just want to know how it went for anyone recently? Are they using their shuttles, or shuttles belonging to Park and Cruise? How was transportation from lot to cruise and cruise to lot afterwards? Long wait?

Good Morning Captain Brian,

We encourage constant feedback of our services and your experiences, and it sounds like we've kept you coming back for more! Let me start by saying how much we appreciate you returning to us with your business, and that I would like to clarify any confusion or concern you may have regarding this recent adjustment. Lots of Honor was a family run business, just like our own. The owner of Lots of Honor ran a Veterans' Benefit Program through his company, in which a portion of his reservation revenue went straight to a Veterans' Fund! Unfortunately, he recently had to shut down his business. We got wind of this news, and reached out to the owner to devise a plan to continue his support to our veterans, whom we love and appreciate so dearly. The end result is as follows: Lots of Honor could not afford to continue operating as an independent company; we allotted Lots of Honor a number of parking spots at our facility; Lots of Honor is permitted to advertise their parking at the rate they wish, regardless of the current rate at Park-N-Cruise; Park-N-Cruise and Lots of Honor are still independently advertised, as it is still two separate companies. This teaming together has allowed our kind-hearted neighbors at Lots of Honor to continue their support programs for our veterans, even though they were unable to stay in business. You are free to book through Lots of Honor, or Park-N-Cruise! Who wouldn't want to take advantage of the cheaper rate! :) Your final destination will be the same from here on out, regardless of whether you reserve through Lots of Honor or Park-N-Cruise (1700 Sea Ray Drive, Merritt Island, FL). You will also continue to receive the service and support that has kept us running strong at five stars! I hope this information relieves you of any hesitance, as it is not our goal to try and stoop our customers! If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 321-454-2500. Our staff is always standing by to serve you, and can assist in any matter regarding Park-N-Cruise or Lots of Honor!

Sincerely,

Bianca

Park-N-Cruise

You will use the PnC shuttles if you book thru LoH .. I recently saw the LoH shuttles in an otherwise empty lot nowhere near PnC ....

and unless something has changed recently, valet is an OPTION ... in Nov I parked my own car and kept my keys ...