Host Michell

Farewell Monarch, March 29, 2013 (Part 2)

This thread is to continue your chat. The previous thread remains available to view at this link --

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1600525[/url]

Hey guys, they put us in another room. The other one was full. Band members, bring your instruments. Now, where were we?
Rick and Deirdra Edited by Pumbaamd

Kind of quiet here in the new home. Maybe the rest of the gang got lost. Should we hang some signs on the light poles showing directions?
R&D

MJ B2B Roll Call 4/25/16 - 4/29/16, from the M&M room.

1. Pumbaamd from Maryland, Rick and Deirdra, JS1088
2. hannibal54 from Illinois, Paul and Sherry,

Anyone having any changes or corrections, do it yourself here. We are too busy maintaining this Roll Call to make any changes!

Rick and Deirdra Edited by Pumbaamd

Wow. Aren't we something? Woo Hoo! Another thread.

I am getting pretty excited for my next couple cruises. Both are on Princess. April will find me on the Regal to the Caribbean, and then in May I'm going to Alaska for the first time ever, on the Coral.

I'm anxiously waiting for the new itineraries to be released by RCI. I'm hoping to sail from Australia in 2018 on whatever ship they have doing 12 nighters from Sydney.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

[quote name='Cruzin-K']Wow. Aren't we something? Woo Hoo! Another thread.

I am getting pretty excited for my next couple cruises. Both are on Princess. April will find me on the Regal to the Caribbean, and then in May I'm going to Alaska for the first time ever, on the Coral.

I'm anxiously waiting for the new itineraries to be released by RCI. I'm hoping to sail from Australia in 2018 on whatever ship they have doing 12 nighters from Sydney.
[/quote]
An Australian cruise is on our bucket list too. It would have to be after we retire, but I would love to do one of those circumnavigation cruises around Australia followed by the transpacific back to the US.

Woo Hoo, another thread. Can't believe they haven't forced me to do a Part III for Current Captains. *****knock on wood*****

[quote name='wolfcathorse']Woo Hoo, another thread. Can't believe they haven't forced me to do a Part III for Current Captains. *****knock on wood*****[/quote]
It seems that 5000 posts in a thread is the magic number when their software starts to bog down.

awesome I am here lol cant believe this board is still goin on after almost 3 yrs I think it is time we all have a reunion that would be great

[quote name='sweettara']awesome I am here lol cant believe this board is still goin on after almost 3 yrs I think it is time we all have a reunion that would be great[/QUOTE]
Glad to see you made it over Tara!

[quote name='hannibal54']We are somebody, getting a part II. Congratulations to us.[/QUOTE]
Yep, we've gotta keep this thing going! I've still got a roll call from 2009, but it's barely breathing, I think we can beat it!

me and Lloyd should be on freedom now but had to cancel just before final payment we were goin with our friends well they aren't speakin to us anymore cause of it I really think it crazy trust me if we coulda went we would be on the ship plus his bday is Wednesday so it was gonna be his bday cruise

So, we are pretty special, but we already knew that, didn't we? A reunion cruise would be nice since we don't have a vessel to retire in this hemisphere, any time soon. :)

I just read that there is no longer a midnight buffet or mid day BBQ in Nassau due to "health codes"? Cruizin K, I think that you just came off the Enchantment, can you fill us in?

[quote name='vuz98']So, we are pretty special, but we already knew that, didn't we? A reunion cruise would be nice since we don't have a vessel to retire in this hemisphere, any time soon. :)

I just read that there is no longer a midnight buffet or mid day BBQ in Nassau due to "health codes"? Cruizin K, I think that you just came off the Enchantment, can you fill us in?[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was Luv2Kruize who was just on Enchantment. Hope she finds this new thread :eek: :D

I'll go send her the link :cool:

[quote name='Cruzin-K']Actually, it was Luv2Kruize who was just on Enchantment. Hope she finds this new thread :eek: :D

I'll go send her the link :cool:[/quote]

Thank you!!
:eek::D

[quote name='vuz98']
I just read that there is no longer a midnight buffet or mid day BBQ in Nassau due to "health codes"? Cruizin K, I think that you just came off the Enchantment, can you fill us in?[/QUOTE]

You heard right unfortunately. Just off of the Enchantment this morning and there was no poolside food at any time. According to Michael Poole's live blog from our Enchantment cruise, he talked to CD Marc Bing Bong and Marc said they are no longer aloud to set up any food poolside anymore across the fleet. Something about health codes and wind blowing on to the food.

[quote name='Luv2Kruize']You heard right unfortunately. Just off of the Enchantment this morning and there was no poolside food at any time. According to Michael Poole's live blog from our Enchantment cruise, he talked to CD Marc Bing Bong and Marc said they are no longer aloud to set up any food poolside anymore across the fleet. Something about health codes and wind blowing on to the food.[/quote]
That's disappointing. I wonder if this might affect the other cruise lines that have poolside grills.

[quote name='clarea']That's disappointing. I wonder if this might affect the other cruise lines that have poolside grills.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking that too. Royal does the portable grill thing which I guess is easy enough to stop. But most of Carnival's ships have a portion of the buffet outdoors, galley and all.

Thank you for the update, disappointing as it may be. We will have to see how this all "shakes out".

OMG, Michael just reminded me, no more Paella by the pool, it was the best, loved to watch them make it with all the fresh ingredients, pouring in the white wine........I am sad now, :(

I think MJ is overnighting in Nassau tonight. It's 11:54 and she's made no indication of sailing. I looked on RCI's website and lo and behold, this is MJ's last call in Nassau. starting next Monday (15th), her 4 nighter goes to Grand Bahamas, I imagine Freeport, instead of Nassau. I looked at Miami departures in March and it's Empress that will call on Nassau.

[quote name='wolfcathorse']I think MJ is overnighting in Nassau tonight. It's 11:54 and she's made no indication of sailing. I looked on RCI's website and lo and behold, this is MJ's last call in Nassau. starting next Monday (15th), her 4 nighter goes to Grand Bahamas, I imagine Freeport, instead of Nassau. I looked at Miami departures in March and it's Empress that will call on Nassau.[/quote]

I am assuming last stop in Nassau before she comes to Port Canaveral? The cruise we have booked on MJ from Port Canaveral, 3 day, May 20th, has the same itinerary as Enchantment (Sovereign, and Monarch before) Cocoa Cay and Nassau.

Friends of mine flew to Nassau for a vacation this week - they're flying home tomorrow after less than 48 hours, cutting their vacation short because it's COLD there. Brrrrr. I think I'll definitely be sticking to southern Caribbean cruises during Jan & Feb. Definitely never sailing from the northeast this time of year :eek:

[quote name='wolfcathorse']I think MJ is overnighting in Nassau tonight. It's 11:54 and she's made no indication of sailing. I looked on RCI's website and lo and behold, this is MJ's last call in Nassau. starting next Monday (15th), her 4 nighter goes to Grand Bahamas, I imagine Freeport, instead of Nassau. I looked at Miami departures in March and it's Empress that will call on Nassau.[/quote]
Do you know the dates of MJ's drydock?

[quote name='wolfcathorse']no, I don't remember the dry dock dates, I thought it was in April[/quote]
I'll have to check the itineraries again, and see where there are openings. I was thinking May, but can't remember now.

MJ's last disembark in MIA is May 2. Her first Port Canaveral cruise is May 16. We are on her last two from MIA and they show Nassau as a port stop or Freeport, depending where you look on RCCL. They are still advertising Nassau excursions on these last two cruises.
R&D Edited by Pumbaamd

[quote name='Pumbaamd']MJ's last disembark in MIA is May 2. Her first Port Canaveral cruise is May 16. We are on her last two from MIA and they show Nassau as a port stop or Freeport, depending where you look on RCCL. They are still advertising Nassau excursions on these last two cruises.
R&D[/quote]
Thanks Rick, so it looks like about a two week dry dock. I did some searching and found a post that said May 27 was the end of the dry dock, so it looks like the cut it in half.

[quote name='clarea']Thanks Rick, so it looks like about a two week dry dock. I did some searching and found a post that said May 27 was the end of the dry dock, so it looks like the cut it in half.[/QUOTE]
They decided not to install any bells or whistles.
R&D

[quote name='Pumbaamd']They decided not to install any bells or whistles.
R&D[/quote]
Makes me think that MJ's stay in the fleet might not be that long.

[quote name='clarea']Makes me think that MJ's stay in the fleet might not be that long.[/QUOTE]
Maybe keep her for a new RCCL subsidiary, 'Royal Cuban Cruise Lines'.
Better start keeping a scorecard. Splendour going. Vision going. Majesty going, not going. Monarch left, may be back. Empress back, but for how long? Who's on first?
R&D

[quote name='Pumbaamd']Maybe keep her for a new RCCL subsidiary, 'Royal Cuban Cruise Lines'.
Better start keeping a scorecard. Splendour going. Vision going. Majesty going, not going. Monarch left, may be back. Empress back, but for how long? Who's on first?
R&D[/quote]
Makes my head hurt.

[quote name='Pumbaamd']Maybe keep her for a new RCCL subsidiary, 'Royal Cuban Cruise Lines'.
R&D[/QUOTE]
Lol. Sure keeps us on our toes :D

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

[quote name='wolfcathorse']Monarch might be back??? I missed that rumor![/QUOTE]
When the news broke about Empress coming back, Monarch was also mentioned. Pullmantur is not doing very well and they didn't really need either ship. Monarch supposedly was to finish advertised cruises before any change would be made. And as to what date that would be, I don't know.
Rick

Vision surprised me, she's the newest of the class. One would assume they would transfer Legend along with Splendour first.

hoping to go on empress sometime just interesting in knowing if it will stay in mia if it does there will be 3 ships there cause nos will start sailing outta there in nov is mia port that big ive only sailred outta there once long time ago