Cruise Critic Community
tamilyn

Sandcastle or Rainbow Beach?

We will be in St Croix on a Sunday in November.

How is the snorkeling at Sandcastle?

Also, we love hunting for shells and beach glass. Would we be likely to find some at Sandcastle? Thanks!

Tell me about both of them, please! Pros, cons, etc.

I am in San Juan at the Marriott stellaris. I just met a couple from St. Croix, they are here on vacay. They told us to go to rainbow beach. Both grew up in St. Croix.

We will be in St Croix on a Sunday in November.

How is the snorkeling at Sandcastle?

Also, we love hunting for shells and beach glass. Would we be likely to find some at Sandcastle? Thanks!

Last weekend it was spectacular! Saw two seaturtles and a lot of fish.

I've never had a bad day snorkeling at Sandcastle.

Just returned from our cruise and as Drake suggested, we went to Sandcastle.

LOVED it - beautiful spot and not too crowded. Thank you so much for the tip:)

Glad you enjoyed it!

Hi,

I made a reservation for Sandcastle for a day pass. Do I get any reconfirmation back from them?

Hi,

I made a reservation for Sandcastle for a day pass. Do I get any reconfirmation back from them?

I believe you should get an email yes. Might want to call them to confirm.

Last weekend it was spectacular! Saw two seaturtles and a lot of fish.

I've never had a bad day snorkeling at Sandcastle.

Where is the best place to snorkel at Sand Castle? It wasn't great the day we went but we enjoyed the day and the beach so much, even though we got rained out, that we want to return this year.

Edited by Agutaya

Where is the best place to snorkel at Sand Castle? It wasn't great the day we went but we enjoyed the day and the beach so much, even though we got rained out, that we want to return this year.

If you step off the patio and turn left (away from the ship) you'll find some decent snorkeling in that direction. It gets better the closer you get to the condos if you can swim that far.

If you step off the patio and turn left (away from the ship) you'll find some decent snorkeling in that direction. It gets better the closer you get to the condos if you can swim that far.

Thanks, Drake. I'll try there in November.

Drake,

Is it an unsafe (i.e. seedy) walk to Sandcastle?

"Sandcastle is South of the pier, Rainbow is North of the pier. Yes it is on the same road. Please do not walk to Sandcastle. Take a taxi, they are cheap and fast."

Drake,

Is it an unsafe (i.e. seedy) walk to Sandcastle?

"Sandcastle is South of the pier, Rainbow is North of the pier. Yes it is on the same road. Please do not walk to Sandcastle. Take a taxi, they are cheap and fast."

Not seedy, just narrow with no sidewalks. We like to drive fast on the beach road and it would be safer for everyone if there weren't hordes of people trying to walk along it.

Hi Folks,

does anyone know how much roughly the taxi cost from the pier to Sand Castle beach?

Do they have WI-FI there?

Thanks,

Hi Folks,

does anyone know how much roughly the taxi cost from the pier to Sand Castle beach?

Do they have WI-FI there?

Thanks,

$5 roughly.

Yes they do but it's really spotty.

I believe you should get an email yes. Might want to call them to confirm.

Hi, Drake,

untill now we didnt get any response from Sandcastle Beach. I emailed them twice :(

A call from Germany to St Croix seems to expensive :)

Hi, Drake,

untill now we didnt get any response from Sandcastle Beach. I emailed them twice :(

A call from Germany to St Croix seems to expensive :)

Please everyone keep in mind that the Sandcastle Hotel sold in December to new owners.

So far I have been very pleased with them but I do imagine that things are a bit hectic during the transition. You may never get an email back, just show up when you get here and remember to smile, it'll be fine.

Does anyone know why the link to Sandcastle day pass is no longer working? Was hoping to go there on our March 5th, Jewel of the Seas cruise.

Wendy

Does anyone know why the link to Sandcastle day pass is no longer working? Was hoping to go there on our March 5th, Jewel of the Seas cruise.

Wendy

New owners as of a month ago, lots of changes happening all at once.

I would suggest you call them 800-524-2018

Any changes to obtaining day pass at Sandcastle since the new owners took over?

Tom

Had the same question about Sandcastle, link is still dead and using email contact info from their main site got me no response. Was considering turning left once off the pier and walking down the beach until I find some chairs and an umbrella to rent....Sandcastle sounded great, but my goal is some sand, sun, and perhaps a cold drink.....Drake will that work or should I jump a cab to Rainbow beach and Rhythms?

I called Sandcastles yesterday and they are accepting reservations for day passes. Call 800-524-2018 and make your reservation.

Phyllis

Glad to be warned about this situation. I've just emailed them to make sure that there will be no surprise in april .

Waiting for there response and is the price for the day pass the same ?

Including the same stuff ?

I keep seeing the same questions on this, please call the 800 number to reserve a day pass. If you can't do that just show up at the counter, they will help you.

Just called them and we are still on their list . Good news

The price is 20$ before was 25$

for the same package

Another great news

Had the same question about Sandcastle, link is still dead and using email contact info from their main site got me no response. Was considering turning left once off the pier and walking down the beach until I find some chairs and an umbrella to rent....Sandcastle sounded great, but my goal is some sand, sun, and perhaps a cold drink.....Drake will that work or should I jump a cab to Rainbow beach and Rhythms?

Sorry, just going back through this thread and saw I missed this post. That could work for you, the first thing you'll hit is Freedom City and they'll take good care of you.