Live...mostly...from Anthem

KarinaGW

Been talking to someone on ship right now, who is on 8 th deck, and waves were very close.. She thankfully does not get seasick, but can't imagine what you are going through right now.. I am seasick and I am home on my couch! Stay safe!

Yeah. I'm on deck 7 and back before sunset, i could see the wave crests above my balcony rail. I don't get seasick either and hubby has been diligent with his dramamine. But, i imagine there are a lot of truly sick people. But, i gotta give props to Anthem's stabilizers and the captain's abilities.

Pictures of the damage in the galleys is posted on the Anthem's FB page. I am not sure that any good could be prepared

Which one? There's a couple dozen for Anthem. It will be interesting to see what that will affect.

Pictures of the damage in the galleys is posted on the Anthem's FB page. I am not sure that any good could be prepared

I just saw them, they're by a crew member. Cookies and oranges all over the floor, plus broken dishes. It's too dangerous for the crew to work with knives and anything that can slosh (like soup). There will be no cooking til it settles down some.

I'm not seeing any pics anywhere? No pics to scroll through?

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk HD

N the left hand side of the page is a link to photos above three happy people pics. Galley shots are a few rows down once you get to photo page

Waiting for an update....looked at the pictures. It's a miracle if none of the kitchen staff were injured.

I just remember our Friday ride and right this moment what the pax are experiencing is way worse.

They seem to be talking to us every 90 minutes or so. Havent really had any new news but at least they are nominally keeping us in the loop.

I made a strategic error opening a can of soda. Theres no way to set it down. Bottled water can at least be sealed. It's weird what you dont think about.

Edited by KarinaGW

The storm was a whole lot worse than anticipated.. Rough way to start a cruise, hope it gets better for you all!

To put it mildly. I know, at this point, i sound kind of lackadaisical...the ship is definitely heaving about and listing a good couple degrees alternating sides....and the wind is howling and every now again we go weightless. But, after 4 hours, it starts to feel almost not normal, but you get kinda used to it.

To put it mildly. I know, at this point, i sound kind of lackadaisical...the ship is definitely heaving about and listing a good couple degrees alternating sides....and the wind is howling and every now again we go weightless. But, after 4 hours, it starts to feel almost not normal, but you get kinda used to it.

It's your new normal for now anyway, glad you are doing okay!:)

I'm sitting on the floor of my cabin, wishing every positive thought I have toward the captain and his crew! My husband is keeping me calm.

The announcements over the PA from the beginning told us this could last 5-6 hours. The captain has us basically staying in one place, continually rotating to try to best position against the wind. Riding out the storm. If you watch the ship map on the TV, you can see the angle of the wind hitting us at up to about 145 knots at the worst we've seen it display. It's so ominous, yet so hard to look away...

Captain is on the PA now, saying things have improved and there barometic pressure is increasing, so hoping we will be through this within a few hours. Says he is in contact with the Miami office and coast guard. I'm sure staying put is the absolute safest choice they all agree on.

The huge rocking of the ship at 3:30 or 4 or so started quite unexpectedly. I happened to be midway into the bathroom at the exact wrong time and had to grab the doorframe to catch myself. Fingers got slammed when the door swung shut hard on its own. I don't think they're broken, just bruised, but I would rather have ten broken fingers and still have my lfe, so this an extraordinarily small complaint in the grand scheme of things. When we get through this, I will gladly shake the captain's hand, bruised fingers or not!

(Sorry this was so long.)

Edited by jamiebytes

Latest update.

Things are a little calmer... bearing in mind that all things are relative.

The pressure is apparently rising which is a good thing..capt seemed to think so.

Still talking a few more hours of this.

PS the metal hangars constantly sliding down the metal closet rods are drving me crazy and they sound like an injured wookiee.

I'm sitting on the floor of my cabin, wishing every positive thought I have toward the captain and his crew! My husband is keeping me calm.

The announcements over the PA from the beginning told us this could last 5-6 hours. The captain has us basically staying in one place, continually rotating to try to best position against the wind. Riding out the storm. If you watch the ship map on the TV, you can see the angle of the wind hitting us at up to about 145 knots at the worst we've seen it display. It's so ominous, yet so hard to look away...

Captain is on the PA now, saying things have improved and there barometic pressure is increasing, so hoping we will be through this within a few hours. Says he is in contact with the Miami office and coast guard. I'm sure staying put is the absolute safest choice they all agree on.

The huge rocking of the ship at 3:30 or 4 or so started quite unexpectedly. I happened to be midway into the bathroom at the exact wrong time and had to grab the doorframe to catch myself. Fingers got slammed when the door swung shut hard on its own. I don't think they're broken, just bruised, but I would rather have ten broken fingers and still have my lfe, so this an extraordinarily small complaint in the grand scheme of things. When we get through this, I will gladly shake the captain's hand, bruised fingers or not!

(Sorry this was so long.)

Your doing great hun .... I don't know that I would do that well :(

It's almost over then go get those fingers checked ! K :)

Gail