Live Surprise: Radiance of the Seas to Tasmania (Feb 2016)

Radiance arrived back in Sydney on Thursday. In case anyone is worrying I did some online stalking and according to his FB page they made it back OK. Looks like he's just being slack :)

Yep, slack!

Sorry everyone. :o

I'll try to get some more done tonight and get finished ASAP. I obviously bit off more than I could chew trying to write a LIVE review. :eek:

They kicked us off the ship on Thursday morning and we arrived home in Cowra to 40 degree heat. I put in a full day at the aged care facility on Friday before we did our "pub run" last night. This morning I made 4 cakes for a CWA competition (won 3 out of 4) and paid for the privilege of tasting them at "high tea" (which was really "low tea" but don't get me started on the distinction) this afternoon before coming home and collapsing in the heat. BUT...

Yep, I've been slack! :cool:

Yep, slack!

I'll try to get some more done tonight and get finished ASAP. I obviously bit off more than I could chew trying to write a LIVE review. :eek:

They kicked us off the ship on Thursday morning and we arrived home in Cowra to 40 degree heat. I put in a full day at the aged care facility on Friday before we did our "pub run" last night. This morning I made 4 cakes for a CWA competition (won 3 out of 4) and paid for the privilege of tasting them at "high tea" (which was really "low tea" but don't get me started on the distinction) this afternoon before coming home and collapsing in the heat. BUT...

4 cakes, with 3 wins, for a CWA Cooking Competition, in the heat, after you have just returned from a cruise - now I'm really impressed!

Leave granted to finish your LIVE review, at your leisure!

Edited by MMDown Under

Thanks, :D

As mentioned, I don't really want another set of user names and passwords.

If you use Facebook you can sign into PhotoBucket with your Facebook account, and as long as you have Facebook open, PhotoBucket will open without needing any password entry.

Please let me know how you did post the pics! All I can do is post a link to Dropbox, which feels like a file on my computer, and looks like a link in text.

By the way, I am thoroughly enjoying your trip. Soon you will be here, in Hobart. ��

To resize the photo using Windows, just right-click on it and select edit. Then select resize. Select Percentage and change it to 20 or 25 which is a good size for posting. Save it, then upload it to PhotoBucket. Once loaded, click on it, then click on Direct which will copy the link. Use Insert Image (box with mountains in it) on this site and paste the PhotoBucket link into the dialogue box.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

4 cakes, with 3 wins, for a CWA Cooking Competition, in the heat, after you have just returned from a cruise - now I'm really impressed!

Leave granted to finish your LIVE review, at your leisure!

DW's "Zebra Cake" beat the pants off mine!

image_zpsyg1xaqas.jpeg~original

image_zpsasdpka1f.jpeg~original

Sounds like you haven't even had time to unpack! Well done on the baking wins.

To be fair, the title was live surprise. Enjoyed reading about that! I figured after that it was not going to be live with the dreaded ship internet. :)

If you use Facebook you can sign into PhotoBucket with your Facebook account, and as long as you have Facebook open, PhotoBucket will open without needing any password entry.

To resize the photo using Windows, just right-click on it and select edit. Then select resize. Select Percentage and change it to 20 or 25 which is a good size for posting. Save it, then upload it to PhotoBucket. Once loaded, click on it, then click on Direct which will copy the link. Use Insert Image (box with mountains in it) on this site and paste the PhotoBucket link into the dialogue box.

Oh, that sounds easier than the way I do it, thanks.

Edited by goodycruising

Yep, slack!

Yeah, well you made a commitment to us to write a LIVE blog and everyone knows that promises made to random strangers on an internet forum override ALL other commitments including those to family, friends, community and even God.

Get typing, buddy! :mad:

Yeah, well you made a commitment to us to write a LIVE blog and everyone knows that promises made to random strangers on an internet forum override ALL other commitments including those to family, friends, community and even God.

Get typing, buddy! :mad:

Maybe a class action is called for.:eek:

We have obviously enjoyed the writing enough to get quickly hooked. Sparky, is there anything else in your life you would like to share with us? You are a very busy guy.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Yeah serves him right for doing such a good job.

Was the top one Mrs Sparky's?

Based on appearance it'd be my pick.

But of course taste is more important than looks in my humble opinion.

Yes, the top one was Cathryn's, mine is the one that looks more like a dog's breakfast than a zebra! I hasten to add that this is the first time I have made a zebra cake and Cathryn had made it twice previously. If anyone is interested in the recipe you can find it here.

I think the CWAs selection criteria would e very stringent and include looks, texture, consistency and taste.:D

As one of, I believe, only two men in NSW who are accredited CWA Cookery Judges, I can tell you that you are quite correct. However, at the end of the day, taste is the final arbitrator.

The link for the recipe won't open Sparky.

By the way are you an electrician by trade?

DOH!

Try this link for the CWA recipes including the Zebra Cake. The recipes start about 1/2 way down the page.

My Christian name is "Mark" but my family nickname is "Sparky". When I first joined CC the guidelines said not to use your real name as your screen identity. No, I'm not an electrician. If you go way back to the start of the thread you'll see that Cathryn and I are Salvation Army Officers. Oh, and no prizes for guessing the year of my birth! :)

DOH!

Try this link for the CWA recipes including the Zebra Cake. The recipes start about 1/2 way down the page.

My Christian name is "Mark" but my family nickname is "Sparky". When I first joined CC the guidelines said not to use your real name as your screen identity. No, I'm not an electrician. If you go way back to the start of the thread you'll see that Cathryn and I are Salvation Army Officers. Oh, and no prizes for guessing the year of my birth! :)

Well if there's no prize, I'm going with 1774:p

Yes I knew you were a Salvo officer, I grew up in the Salvos and have many wonderful friends still involved. We regularly cruise with friends who are retired Salvo officers from Adelaide and they will be cruising with us again in 2 weeks on QM2. In fact they were the COs at my local corps when I was 10, so our friendship has been over 50 years. We took them on their first cruise on the Radiance in 2012 and they haven't looked back. I just thought you might have been a sparky pre going to training college. I have read every word of this thread you have such a way of keeping our attention, would love to hear you preach one day reckon it would be a hoot!!!

Edited by Tara Jane

Great posting Sparky, enjoying it. Pam and Doug from Batemans Bay were our friends on the same cruise, who were not happy with it as I reported on another thread. Such is life.

Now with black pudding and kippers for brekkie, sounds just like P&O UK !! The Executive Chef on Radiance must be a Pom.!! LOL.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise, you deserved it as hard working 'Salvos.' I have a lot of time for you guys.

Edited by NSWP

Sparky;

Thank you for a very enjoyable thread. It always great to hear when someone has had a wonderful cruise.

Thanks also for the heads up on the Zebra Cake . We are putting it to the test , in fact its in the oven now with 25 minutes to go...:D