Cruise Critic Community
jesskuhmarie

Low Carb Dieting

Just returned home - left 27 Feb and10 days in Buenos Aires - B2B on Eclipse around S. America for 29 days - I did gain 5 POF mostly from drinking (no carb vodka and sprite zero) but I did eat a couple of desserts and a little pasta and a few slices of bread -

SO NOW - I am doing extended fasting (EF) for at least 7 days -should take care of it but we leave again for 7 days Summit cruise in 10 days!  lol 🙂

Hello everyone!

I started low to no carb eating 6 weeks ago today.  so far, I have lost 8.3 pounds and a LOT of inches.  The first week was rough as I found myself craving all the carbs, sugar etc...but once I got over that hump, I really haven't had any issues.  I allow Sunday to be my cheat day.  I do not go crazy, but I do allow myself things I don't ever have during the week.  I am 54 and have noticed it takes a bit longer for the weight to come off.  I am walking at least 4 evenings a week ranging from 2-3 miles.  I have more energy and am sleeping much better and amazed at just generally how much better I feel.  I like to think I made a decision to make a lifestyle change and not a diet.  I cruise in 36 days and am not going to deprive myself of the foods I love.  I will however, eat them in moderation lol 

Wishing everyone on this thread major success in their journey!

Happy Cruising everyone!

On 4/16/2019 at 1:51 PM, RICKnVICK said:

Hello everyone!

I started low to no carb eating 6 weeks ago today.  so far, I have lost 8.3 pounds and a LOT of inches.  The first week was rough as I found myself craving all the carbs, sugar etc...but once I got over that hump, I really haven't had any issues.  I allow Sunday to be my cheat day.  I do not go crazy, but I do allow myself things I don't ever have during the week.  I am 54 and have noticed it takes a bit longer for the weight to come off.  I am walking at least 4 evenings a week ranging from 2-3 miles.  I have more energy and am sleeping much better and amazed at just generally how much better I feel.  I like to think I made a decision to make a lifestyle change and not a diet.  I cruise in 36 days and am not going to deprive myself of the foods I love.  I will however, eat them in moderation lol 

Wishing everyone on this thread major success in their journey!

Happy Cruising everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS!  Happy Cruising to you also - we leave again tomorrow for 7 days the Caribbean on Summit out of San Juan! 🙂