Onboard Harmony

janazaz

We are currently onboard Harmony in route to Puerto Vallarta which is the last leg before heading back to LA. When I compare this ship to Symphony there is no comparison. I'll take Symphony any day of the week. I like this ship better, but the ambience on Symphony was so much nicer. Could it be because these employees will either be moving to a new ship or unemployed soon?

We had to skip Zihuatnejo today because of "unsafe swells". The cruise prior to our skipped Cabo. Hmmm, we had a Princess ship leave Acapulco at the same time as we did last night and they were docked in Zihu. by the time we got there. Our Cap'n said it wasn't "safe" tendering and chose to move on today. The swells were no greater than Cabo earlier in the cruise so it didn't make much sense. We actually pulled into the port but left immediately. We had some very angry passengers onboard. A letter from the Pres. of Crystal was in our stateroom tonight apologizing for skipping a port with an offer of $250 on a future cruise.

All in all, it has been a great vacation, but I think I'm ready to try a different cruise line.

A letter from the Pres. of Crystal was in our stateroom tonight apologizing for skipping a port with an offer of $250 on a future cruise.

I can understand how you would be upset at missing a port, especially if you pulled all the way in and then just turned around. But actually, that $250 seems pretty generous to me (although it would have been better to have that money as credit on the current cruise). I have heard of other (albeit mass market) cruise lines missing ports with no such offer, just a verbal explanation stating that their contract indicated that the itinerary could be changed at any time.

Think about it, if they just shelled out $250 for lets say 700 passengers - thats a potential loss of $175,000 in revenue! I view the money and the letter as an indication of Crystal's sincerity in trying to make your vacation as good as possible for something that was of their control. They do however have a responsibility for passenger's safety, which if it really was rough, could have been jeopardized with the tenders.

If you are on board the Harmony and see this, can you do me a big favor and ask Paolo (one of the headwaiters in the dining room who is absolutely terrific!) where he is going when the Harmony goes out of the fleet. Will he be on the Symphony or Serenity? We are cruising on the Symphony in June in the Mediterranean and would love to request him. Also, we are anxious to know where Annette (waitress from Germany) will be going. Thanks very much!

I will see if I can find out where Paolo and Annette are going and let you know. Hopefully they'll be on your cruise of choice next year.

Just one more day for us and we'll be back home. The hard part about cruisin' is that it ends eventually. It's been a really great cruise and one we'll remember for a long time to come. I'm just amazed at the loyal cruisers this line has. It blows me away to think there is one person who has logged over 150 cruises. One lady onboard this ship just hit 74. They introduced her as someone whose only family is the Crystal Family and I guess she just cruises all alone for the rest of her entire life. It's kind of sad yet a good thing that she can enjoy such a quality life onboard.

Paolo is on the Symphony and is going to Serenity but they didn't know when. Annette is on vacation and is not expected to return to any of the ships. Some of the employees we talked to are thinking of starting a "real life" on land.

Archived