Anthem of the Seas goes SOUTH to Halifax

Thank you. You're a peach for posting this info that so many people incorrectly post as fact. :)

under the act passed more then a century ago, foreign flagged

ships can not operate round trip voyages from a US port without

at least on stop in a foreign port.

Because of the change in how ships are cleared into and out of

the U.S short cruises without a foreign port all had to be canceled.

By stopping in Halifax the Anthem is able to get around this law, it

but I'm sure somebody on here

will know differently.

Edited by mkalio

under the act passed more then a century ago, foreign flagged

ships can not operate round trip voyages from a US port without

at least on stop in a foreign port.

Because of the change in how ships are cleared into and out of

the U.S short cruises without a foreign port all had to be canceled.

By stopping in Halifax the Anthem is able to get around this law, it

has nothing to do with the crew, but I'm sure somebody on here

will know differently.

Yes, it has been posted SEVERAL times.

I am not going to repeat what is already available on this thread.

You are wrong.

Yes, it has been posted SEVERAL times.

I am not going to repeat what is already available on this thread.

You are wrong.

Ok thank you 😀 and you are right !!!

I will now sleep well tonight !!👍😂

It has been a perfectly lovely cruise so far- I am beyond thankful that we sailed south! Seas were a tad rocky Friday, but absolutely wonderful today. A little chilly going on Northstar this morning, but very sunny and clear- saw a large school of dolphins frolicking around the side of the ship from 300 ft up in the air.

In speaking with Abe on Friday when we first realized we were sailing south, he said that there are exceptions made due to weather (whatever that means).

Overall, we are having a great time, and looks like most others are too. Biggest complaints seem to be about the lack of time to do all of the activities, esp Northstar and Ripcord, which could not run on Friday due to weather. People with canceled reservations want to be worked in at the expense of those with existing reservations. The crew is doing their best- they have shortened the ride by not pivoting off to the sides, but people are still complaining. Just can't please people!

The entertainment and shows have been great, and tons of things to do. Dined at CK and Jamie's and Michael's so far, Wonderland tonight and all have been good, esp the burgers at Michaels and steaks at CK. Boleros has been hopping, and Stephen on guitar is a lot of fun. Poolside now with a Stella- life is good! SO glad I jumped on this opportunity, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Anthem's bad luck streak is over!

It has been a perfectly lovely cruise so far- I am beyond thankful that we sailed south! Seas were a tad rocky Friday, but absolutely wonderful today. A little chilly going on Northstar this morning, but very sunny and clear- saw a large school of dolphins frolicking around the side of the ship from 300 ft up in the air.

In speaking with Abe on Friday when we first realized we were sailing south, he said that there are exceptions made due to weather (whatever that means).

Overall, we are having a great time, and looks like most others are too. Biggest complaints seem to be about the lack of time to do all of the activities, esp Northstar and Ripcord, which could not run on Friday due to weather. People with canceled reservations want to be worked in at the expense of those with existing reservations. The crew is doing their best- they have shortened the ride by not pivoting off to the sides, but people are still complaining. Just can't please people!

The entertainment and shows have been great, and tons of things to do. Dined at CK and Jamie's and Michael's so far, Wonderland tonight and all have been good, esp the burgers at Michaels and steaks at CK. Boleros has been hopping, and Stephen on guitar is a lot of fun. Poolside now with a Stella- life is good! SO glad I jumped on this opportunity, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. So glad that you had and are still having a good time.

I live in Halifax and if any ship is stopping here today, GOOD LUCK! We have a snow storm today! It ain't pretty here today, at all!

:cool: And rather COLD... Brrr!

Edited by evelyn51

Anthem is now heading south off the coast of Atlantic City on its way to Halifax, Nova Scotia.

At 7:37 AM on Saturday March 3rd.

Need I say more?

Perhaps not, but I would suggest you get a new compass.

I agree...the trip has been a great weekend full of fun and great entertainment....really glad we went south. The ship is really rocky for me, and I have been only on 8 cruises, but one hit the tail of hurricane sandy. That was worse but only for a short amount of time. In general, this ship has a constant side to side motion which is, on average, heavier then 7 of the 8 cruises I have been on.

I do not want to imagine how bad it would have been if we went north....

It was a bit chilly outside, but I am always warm. I enjoyed a few hours on my balcony in the sun...ahhhh.. Better then being home. I bet some people,on the ship still do not know we went south....

Back at the pier, safe and sound. Sounds like people had a good time.

With weather being an issue to get to Halifax, the foreign port where Anthem was supposed to dock, will the cruise line have to pay a fine for making this a "cruise to nowhere?"

Maybe someone with the knowledge of how CTN's are no longer allowed, what are the exceptions, if any, to get around the fine that a cruise line would pay.

Thanks,

Rick

With weather being an issue to get to Halifax, the foreign port where Anthem was supposed to dock, will the cruise line have to pay a fine for making this a "cruise to nowhere?"

Maybe someone with the knowledge of how CTN's are no longer allowed, what are the exceptions, if any, to get around the fine that a cruise line would pay

I'm curious as well. It seems like a good deal if they use Halifax as a port but don't have to go there if weather is a factor, because in the winter, it must be a factor pretty often.

• 1 month later...

We went south because of a storm up north. The captain and RCCL made the decision to go south for the safety of the passengers, crew and ship. They will not be fined. We had a wonderful time and the ship is beautiful. Damage to the ship was cosmetic.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk