1pm shuttle AFTER Galveston Cruise

We are booked on a 1pm shuttle returning to Hobby AFTER our cruise ends on Easter Sunday. A few questions for those familiar with Galveston and the cruise terminal there.

1. Is there a place close enough to walk to for lunch?

2. Is there a place at the port to store luggage??

3. Any info/advice on what it will be like staying in the port that long after debarkation? (Obviously we won't be in a hurry to disembark, but wondering how long people can stay around that area/in the port??)

Anything else I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think there is anyplace to store your luggage while you explore a bit. The strand is well within walking distance if you can find a place to "dump" your bags. I have a question. What is the shuttle you are using to and from Hobby? and what is the cost.

We have a noon pickup and are wondering exactly the same thing. Even a coffee shop close by to just hang out would be great. Will be watching for ideas!

(We're using Galveston Express shuttle)

I live on the north side of Houston and go down to Galveston once a month or so. There is a Starbucks across the street from the terminal (It's not right across the street, down half a block or so). It's right at a light with a cross walk. You'll often see the ship crews hanging outside of it using the wifi.

Edited by elvisran

Pre cruise, I went to the east of the port - there is a seafood restaraunt - not far to walk even with luggage - you can sit outside if warm enough or take your luggage in with you - they are used to luggage - being so close to the port - very friendly. I was solo, and they watched my luggage when I went to use the washroom. you can buy a drink or just a coffee or a light meal - up to you!