Sunday 3/20 Breakaway - Storm?

newcruiser80

No negative thoughts allowed! Once you leave NY and head out to sea, you'll be so busy having a good time you won't even notice. Besides, worrying won't change things anyway, so think happy thoughts and enjoy your vacation!

It looks like the L will be north of NYC by late Sunday. Maybe a late departure? Not worried about it. I doubt any line will put a ship in danger after the recent events with Anthem.

Now, the Breakaway coming back from its current voyage....that's another story.

Edited by proll267

Less worried about me, more worried about a few new cruisers in our party. My mom and my brother are both going and are new to ships, ocean, etc. I hope they don't get sick!!

They give out seasickness pills at guest services. We don't get sleepy, and we drink while taking them without problems. Also green apples and pretzels (found at buffet) help too

Safe sailing

Now that is a great attitude! I hope you have a blast!

Thanks ,we will. We were out for some St Paddy Day fun and ran into a few people from the next town north of us. They are also going with a group of 25 families, made some new friends. THE SHENANIGANS HAVE BEGUN! !!!

Those ground hogs (in SI, NY nd the other residing in PA) predicted again, an early Spring - for 2016 ... well, we did had some warm weather. Of course, Sunday is the first day of Spring - forecast calling for 3" or so of wet snow, mixed in with rain (up to 6" in NYC)

Most likely, trains, subways & buses will run fairly close to its Sunday schedule ... airport operations should not be severely impacted by this type of nuisance snow storm ... sea conditions might be a bit roughly, and, that's great for shorter lines & wait in the dining rooms and restaurants, should others decided to stay in & call Room Services (with the fees)

Just allow a little extra travel time & if driving, use common sense & slow it down. Happy & safe cruising out of NY.

If you haven't already bought trip insurance, you may want to investigate whether if you were to purchase now, you'd be covered in the event there are snow-related issues. I think it has something to do with whether it's a "named storm" as to whether or not you'd be covered at this point, but may be worth finding out.... Hope the storm fizzles out and you have a great uneventful cruise! [emoji41][emoji267][emoji951]

We sailed out of NYC on Breakaway March 1 2015, and had about 5 inches of snow. It was actually quite beautiful, and some of the crew had never seen snow before. They had a great time throwing snowballs and slipping and sliding on deck. We knew we were sailing south, and would soon be away from it all, so it didn't interfere with our vacation at all.

We sailed out of NYC on Breakaway March 1 2015, and had about 5 inches of snow. It was actually quite beautiful, and some of the crew had never seen snow before. They had a great time throwing snowballs and slipping and sliding on deck. We knew we were sailing south, and would soon be away from it all, so it didn't interfere with our vacation at all.

I am sailing Tuesday on the gem. The snow (if we get any at all) would most probably be a non issue (other then possibly a slower commute to get the the ship)

Now that would have been cool to sail away with snow on board the ship! It's prob not going to happen with the gem on Tuesday

If you haven't already bought trip insurance, you may want to investigate whether if you were to purchase now, you'd be covered in the event there are snow-related issues. I think it has something to do with whether it's a "named storm" as to whether or not you'd be covered at this point, but may be worth finding out.... Hope the storm fizzles out and you have a great uneventful cruise! [emoji41][emoji267][emoji951]

you can definitely not buy insurance the week before your cruise. ive researched a lot and thats one thing i saw over and over again. you also cannot ask for a refund the week before if you didnt 'use' your insurance. :)

tons of good info here

https://tripinsurancestore.com/travel-insurance-frequently-asked-questions/

thanks ,we will. We were out for some st paddy day fun and ran into a few people from the next town north of us. They are also going with a group of 25 families, made some new friends. The shenanigans have begun! !!!

Now that sounds like alot of fun!!!

Edited by Marine Mom