Back to Back between different lines

Gogoddess5

Wondering if this is allowed: Disembark a RCCL ship on May 20th in Vancouver - embark on the Crown Princess - 1 day sailing to Seattle that same afternoon?

Are you concerned about a PVSA violation? Where is the RCCL ship coming from?

Edited by clarea

Are you concerned about a PVSA violation? Where is the RCCL ship coming from?

Yes - am concerned because tried this before...planned a similar trip and received notice from Princess that it was not allowed (after the agent had booked both sailings). Had scheduled a 1-day Seattle to Vancouver on the Grand, disembark and then take the Island from Vancouver to San Francisco.

The sailing on RCCL is round trip Vancouver (Inside Passage & Ketchikan).

Sailing on Princess is Vancouver one-way to Seattle.

Considering this because I would get to visit Seattle for first time, would get additional credit on Princess and it would be cheaper return airfare...

The difference for the booking you are making now is that it is two different cruise lines. From what you say, last time you were sailing Princess both cruises. PVSA does not apply for your embarkation in Vancouver as that is not U.S.

Your booking should be fine.

Edited by sail7seas

The difference for the booking you are making now is that it is two different cruise lines. From what you say, last time you were sailing Princess both cruises. PVSA does not apply for your embarkation in Vancouver as that is not U.S.

Good to know and thanks! The details of the "law" or "act" are confusing!

This is the key, two different cruise lines.

Actually, in this situation different cruise lines doesn't matter in the least. The OP wouldn't have any problem doing a r/t Vancouver cruise followed immediately by a one-nighter to Seattle even if they were both on Princess. Heck, it would be perfectly legal even if on the same ship. Bottom line - they aren't sailing between two U.S. ports.

Actually, in this situation different cruise lines doesn't matter in the least. The OP wouldn't have any problem doing a r/t Vancouver cruise followed immediately by a one-nighter to Seattle even if they were both on Princess. Heck, it would be perfectly legal even if on the same ship. Bottom line - they aren't sailing between two U.S. ports.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought the OP wanted to cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver immediately followed by Vancouver to Seattle.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought the OP wanted to cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver immediately followed by Vancouver to Seattle.

Actually OP said "The sailing on RCCL is round trip Vancouver (Inside Passage & Ketchikan).

Sailing on Princess is Vancouver one-way to Seattle."

Exactly. The 1st cruise is round trip Vancouver/Vancouver. Second cruise Vancouver/Seattle.

This combination can be done on the same ship.

More important is the fact Vancouver to Vancouver has nothing to do with PVSA. PVSA applies only to cruises which board in U.S. and disembark in U.S.

Yes. ^

Actually OP said "The sailing on RCCL is round trip Vancouver (Inside Passage & Ketchikan).

Sailing on Princess is Vancouver one-way to Seattle."

I see that now, my mistake, thanks.:)