Horseback ridding

MacRonn

We are going riding with Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan in December. My daughter was not old enough to go on the Princess horseback riding excursion, so I had to look elsewhere. I looked at reviews for Randi's and she get high marks. We go in December. Here is her website: http://www.randishappyhorses.com/

Have fun,

Kathy

We just booked Randi's Happy Horses for our two 16 year old granddaughters who have never ridden a horse before. My wife and I are accompanying them to the site but are not going riding.

We are on the Dec.3 cruise. When is your cruise?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tealady

Funny that the OP should ask this question because just today he posted this on the Mexican Riviera board under the title Mikes Gentle Horses....:confused:

MacRonn

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Oct 2005

My children had a lot of fun

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I took my kids last summer to Mazatlan and done the Mike´s gentle horses back ridding and the have a wonderful time, even I promess to them that we will do it again next time.

So you have to take your kids and also is a lot of fun for adults too.

This might be a silly question.... We're doing Randi's ride in December. I understand part of it includes a boat ride to where the horses are. When the boat lands, does it dock at a pier, or will we need to step in the water? I'm trying to decide if I need to wear my water shoes...

No your water taxi will dock at a pier. Your horse, however, may decide to take a gallop in the surf so might get wet a little. We absolutely love Randi and her tour and you will to.

Thanks... I think I'll do the water shoes! I'm looking forward to this - I've only been on a horse once, and that was at least 25 years ago.

We just got back on Saturday and we did Randi's while in Mazatlan. What a wonderful woman and it was a great ride. The horses are well cared for and the ride was beautiful. Just one piece of advice though: Wear a really good support or sports bra if you plan on running or trotting your horse!!:eek:

The stop at Victor's afterwards was fabulous. The garlic shrimp are out of this world. If you have enough people, get the platter. It has garlic and fried shrimp. BBQ ribs, chicken, and a whole grilled fish, which I think was Dorado(mahi). It's enough to feed 4-6.:D

There are vendors who come around and Randi will let you know which ones she can vouch for. She will also get rid of the other ones too.:cool: Spend some time talking with her. She is a fascinating woman with a great sense of humor.

Janice-

What were the prices like at Victor's?

This is going to sound horrible but I didn't look at the prices, I just ordered the garlic shrimp.:o My husband payed the bill so I never saw it. But there is a thread on this page about Victor's prices. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

We are cruising the Mexican Riviera in April and I would like to take the kids horseback riding. There is no way my husband will ride, but can he come along and hang out? Will we be able to hook up with him at Victor's? Any advice would be appreciated

Kathi,

We did not want to ride the 3rd time - we walked with Randi to Victor's (a short walk) and waited with her for the others to come back. That is what we would do again - it is so nice to sit by the beach and Randi is such an interesting person to talk to. It was either $12.00 or $12.50 then to do that. Check with Randi.

We are going along with our granddaughters to Randi's but are not riding the horses. She quoted us $ 15 pp to go along for the ride.

tonyt

We just got back and it was $15 for the cost of the transportation for non riders.:)

You can go to the HAL board and read my review of Randi's. The name of the thread is "Review of 10/22 Oosterdam Cruise" Look for the Tuesday 10/25 Mazatlan segement.:)

CSloan, please wear sneakers not water shoes or flip-flops. You will need to apply pressure (leg and foot) to control the horse which requires foot power. Also, the sand is not white, so your feet will get very dirty even with sneakers on. We had a great day with Randi and the horses. The Garlic shrimp plus one soda was $12. We shared the shrimp and Randi gives you each one beverage. Only beer, soda or bottle water are served. You may bring your own liquor but they can't sell alchol. You take a tractor pulling a wagon to and from the pier at Stone Island. From the ship to the pier at Mazatlan it is an open truck which seat about 8. Randi only takes cash and you pay after the ride. She and her team are very considerate and great hosts.

Thanks for all your answers, but i decided to took the Mike`s Gentel Horses, i checked on mazinfo.com and this guy only take small groups and Randy is more like groupal. But i really apreciate your time. Any thing i can help you with, I will.

Archived