Pictorial Review: Celebrity Constellation, 3/19/16

DarthGrady

Hi Grady,

Thanks so much for posting your review and pictures. I am leaving on May 9th out of Venice on the Constellation. After reading your post, I can hardly wait!!

Thanks,

Pam

RCI, Diamond

Hi Pam

I am on the May 9th cruise as well, we have an active roll call if you are interested.

Thanks Grady for the fabulous pictures! So excited to be trying the Connie soon.

Cheers

Rosie

Hi Pam

I am on the May 9th cruise as well, we have an active roll call if you are interested.

Thanks Grady for the fabulous pictures! So excited to be trying the Connie soon.

Cheers

Rosie

Hi Grady,

Thanks so much for posting your review and pictures. I am leaving on May 9th out of Venice on the Constellation. After reading your post, I can hardly wait!!

Thanks,

Pam

RCI, Diamond

Hope you both enjoy your cruise!

If you meet Jose Javier or Milos up in the Reflections Lounge, tell them Grady and Beth say hello. Maybe they'll remember us, both are super nice guys.

Another great review from Grady. Thank you for all the great pictures. "Connie" was our first cruise on X and holds a very special place in our hearts. Still a terrific ship!

Thank you very much!

Thanks so much for the photos. We sail her next year. Glad to hear she's still in good shape. Just got back from Eclipse and loved the S class, but also have fond memories of the smaller size of the M class when we sailed Millie and Summit.

Were there other buffet options as well for dinner? Were the cooked to order foods the only meat/fish options or did they also have some different items sitting under the warming lights? Could you go through the buffet and get your own veggies, salad, etc.? We like the informality of casual dining and love being able to sample a bit of everything. :)

Our Eclipse sailing out of Miami had the helipad invite for Elite. Of course, I forgot to go...

Lynn

Thanks so much for the photos. We sail her next year. Glad to hear she's still in good shape. Just got back from Eclipse and loved the S class, but also have fond memories of the smaller size of the M class when we sailed Millie and Summit.

Were there other buffet options as well for dinner? Were the cooked to order foods the only meat/fish options or did they also have some different items sitting under the warming lights? Could you go through the buffet and get your own veggies, salad, etc.? We like the informality of casual dining and love being able to sample a bit of everything. :)

Our Eclipse sailing out of Miami had the helipad invite for Elite. Of course, I forgot to go...

Lynn

Yes, they still had the pre-made food on the buffet in the evenings. The typical buffet stuff, salad bar, pastas, meats, sides, etc.

Our cabin

Oddly, the adjoining door in our cabin looked to have been taped closed at some point. A quarantine maybe?

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu44%3B7%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D424%3A37%3C876326nu0mrj

The most likely reason is noisy neighbors!! We were in 7045 and our neighbors were screaming and making a horrible racket. The stewards only solution was to duct tape the door, and there was already residue from a previous taping. Seems like the doors let a lot of sound in from connecting rooms.

Edited by torgotom

The most likely reason is noisy neighbors!! We were in 7045 and our neighbors were screaming and making a horrible racket. The stewards only solution was to duct tape the door, and there was already residue from a previous taping. Seems like the doors let a lot of sound in from connecting rooms.

Yes, that's definitely possible, we've run into that too over the years.

• 3 months later...

Loved the review thank you and also the photos. We have sailed Celebrity a few times but we have our first cruise on the Constellation coming up shortly and it was great to have a little peek of what we can expect. Great to see as an "older" ship she still looks in great shape. :)

Loved the review thank you and also the photos. We have sailed Celebrity a few times but we have our first cruise on the Constellation coming up shortly and it was great to have a little peek of what we can expect. Great to see as an "older" ship she still looks in great shape. :)

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!