Pack and not to pack

Yuzah

Hello guys, I am here because I read an interesting blog recently which was about the things one should not pack while moving. (Read it here: http://www.migsonstorage.com/blog/what-not-to-pack-while-moving/ ) I had read many blogs about the things we should pack but this is the first time I am reading one about the things we shouldn’t pack. Have you heard of this before? If you know some other things that shouldn’t be added please share them here. I would be really interesting to know these things.

We learned not to bring a plug in clock, only bring a battery operated clock on a cruise. Why? Because a ship's power is different from our power. So, the plug in clock does not keep the correct time. Forget if it goes faster or slower but it's not the same as your watch which is the time the ship operates on.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I always tell people to lay out everything they think they need on a bed and then put half of it back. As to a specific item not to pack- an alarm clock. To be sure you have a smart phone.

Interesting concept.

My only take is that some of this is specific to the person and to the voyage including its overall length and the specific itinerary and to the person.

I take some things that others might not and they take some thing that I don't take.

As is true in most things in life, the key for me is balance.

Keith

for me it depends where I travel to.

Being from Germany, and going to the US I don't pack any toiletries (besides my toothbrush)

I get those at a pharmacy.

Also, the Hotels usually have shampoo etc anyway.

Safes a lot of Kilos ans space in my suitcase (which I Need for the Shopping :D )

If my kids are going, I pack more items. If it's my husband and myself, I try to pack as little as possible and I leave room for souvenirs. Some of the extras that I bring are zip lock bags of various sizes, watches, extra swimsuit, pad of paper, anti chaffing roll on, and my own tea bags because I'm picky. Look thru other people's lists on here and YouTube, but only bring what you absolutely must. Space is tight and you'll find you really don't need much. Also, They do have shampoo/body wash in the showers but no conditioner.

It depends on where you're going, what ship (or at least what line) you'll be on, and how long you're going for. And if you're one of those people who will take anything they might need so they don't have to pay inflated prices on the ship, or someone who's willing to take the risk it might not be needed, and will happily pay an extra few bucks if it turns out they do need it.

Hello guys, I am here because I read an interesting blog recently which was about the things one should not pack while moving. (Read it here: http://www.migsonstorage.com/blog/what-not-to-pack-while-moving/ ) I had read many blogs about the things we should pack but this is the first time I am reading one about the things we shouldn’t pack. Have you heard of this before? If you know some other things that shouldn’t be added please share them here. I would be really interesting to know these things.

Are you asking about moving, as in the link you posted?

Or are you asking about packing for a cruise?

Huge differance.

There's been some threads just on this topic. Plus many on ideas of things to pack in which some cruising vets will say which ones are unnecessary.

Personally, at some point I came up with a packing list (after googling some travel sites that had suggested lists and also reading some books about travel that had lists -- especially ones about traveling with small kids) that I will adjust before a trip or cruise based on how many days, the itinerary, the weather. I often will look at the threads I've mentioned above but rarely find info about items to add or delete.