Cruisline Cancellation Survey

OK........I have an eerie feeling an upcoming cruise we have booked is going to be cancelled by RCCL.

The sail date is 180 days away.

Made me wonder............in your experience, what is the fewest number of days before sail date Royal has cancelled a cruise you were booked on. I'm not referring to mechanical or weather issues.....just charters, etc.

Thanks.......

My guess it would be the sept 30 2016 explorer sailing , for the last few days when you go to book website goes to RCL error page , I'm booked on this sailing too , it's a bit odd for sure

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They recently cancelled about a half dozen cruises on Empress that were only about 30 days away because it was not done in drydock.

30???? Try 2 weeks away.... My sailings that were cancelled were slightly longer away... 3 weeks. But others were inside of 2-3 weeks out.

My guess it would be the sept 30 2016 explorer sailing , for the last few days when you go to book website goes to RCL error page , I'm booked on this sailing too , it's a bit odd for sure

This is the 8-day Pacific Coast cruise? I'm still seing it available on a couple of sites, including Royal's UK website.

I just tried a mock booking and it's working for me.

They recently cancelled about a half dozen cruises on Empress that were only about 30 days away because it was not done in drydock.

No, they cancelled the first sailing (we were booked on it) 12 days before sailing sate!!!!:mad:

No, they cancelled the first sailing (we were booked on it) 12 days before sailing sate!!!!:mad:

I knew it was short notice, didn't realize that short. That is brutal. :(

Yup......the Sept 30 Explorer sailing for the reason you listed........but that got me thinking of this question in general.

I knew it was short notice, didn't realize that short. That is brutal. :(

Yeah, 11 days before our flight since we were going down a day early. Their response to this has been horrific at best! They HAD to know long before 12 days before sailing that they weren't going to be done in time (I still believe it had nothing to do with being done with dry dock).

They act like it was an act of God versus their own incompetence of planning a dry dock. I could understand missing by a few days or even a week, but to miss this by a month is simply negligence and a total and complete lack of caring for their customers.

Still working with them to come to a fair compensation, so we'll see where they end up, but if they do nothing more than what was originally offered I doubt that I will continue with RC. Too many other quality lines out there to continue to support this type of behavior. (sorry for the rant, but RC didn't used to be like this when it came to valuing their customers!)

Edited by djandnic
Yup......the Sept 30 Explorer sailing for the reason you listed........but that got me thinking of this question in general.

It's back. No problems. Our cruise is not being cancelled, changed, or otherwise scrambled.

This is the 8-day Pacific Coast cruise? I'm still seing it available on a couple of sites, including Royal's UK website.

Hmm. We're considering that cruise. Hope its not cancelled :(

I have been getting a page not found error message for over a week now when trying to check prices on the Serenade 7/30/17 sailing - maybe it will be fixed soon as well. :rolleyes:

My "eerie" feeling inspired my generic, non-sailing specific question.

Still...... I appreciate Merion Mom taking the time to talk me off the ledge! See you ' onboard, MM.

I can't wait! It's going to be a great cruise! :)