How to find a real last minute cruise deal?

• 1 month later...
Just curious.. To those who found a good deal on the 90 day ticker...

Did you book through THIS site or just used it as an information and went directly to the cruise line?

That is entirely up to you.

Many on CC book direct and many use a travel agent, sometimes receiving better pricing and perks than booking direct.

Because it would open the flood gates to every TA that is a member here and all the rest that are online....all saying "Use me, use me"....

And then there would be snarky rude remarks and criticisms of this one or that one.

It would be ugly.

CC, as we know it, would disappear.

This way is best.

Those words in red sound like a description of "CC, as we know it" already -- at least on many threads... :rolleyes:

I booked a 7 day Western Caribbean on RCI for 2/18/17 on 4/23/16 for 1250.46 including port & taxes. That cruise is now $1884.46 with $250 obc. We don't drink and book our own excursions on line and do not eat in specialty restaurants so don't need obc unless can pay gratuities with it. We live in Clearwater, Fl so could easily book last minute but in 10 years have never seen it be an advantage sailing in the month of February. Maybe it would pay in hurricane season. My advice is book early.

Edited by getupgo

• 1 month later...
I just got back from a recent cruise that was $299 for a 7 day cruise out of New Orleans. We booked it 8 days before departure. I had vacation days to burn and my wife was on the end of a medical leave from a recent operation. I'd always wanted to go on last minute cruise; the planets aligned and we went. Since cruise was leaving out of NO we were able to travel by car with one day travel. I lost all the joy of anticipation but I got over it quickly. I'm ready to do it again.

For a good price like that ($299), I assume you would still have to pay the tax and port, which normally around $300-$400. So, your true cost is around $700 PP. Correct?

• 3 months later...
For a good price like that ($299), I assume you would still have to pay the tax and port, which normally around $300-$400. So, your true cost is around $700 PP. Correct?

Ohhhhh ... i need to know this too ... I knew there would be 'extras' to add to the cost ... and was thinking tax and gratuities ... but just how much 'extra' do I need to plan as 'absolutes' ... I know my own discretionary spending (drinks, spa, etc.) is up to me.

Other than the Panama Canal, most Caribbean itineraries incur taxes and port charges in the neighborhood of $80-150.

Just posting in case this will help anyone have an idea of estimated final cost ...

I tested a RC deal yesterday for a last minute 4 night cruise at $280 per person ... and the total with taxes and port came to $696 (i think, may be off by a few dollars but it was basically $700) so that made it about $68 per person in addition to the $280.

Edited by Cro_and_Swan