Lifestyle VIP Cancellation

422Melissa

Just a quick note to let you know that the Lifestyle VIP Resort excursion was cancelled "for operational reasons" on 3/27. No news on future dates, but you might want to check with the cruise line if you've booked this trip.

From the website:

Tour Operations

Shore Excursion detail questions (excluding Faster to the Fun inquiries)

Telephone calls not accepted

Travel agents and guests may send an email to shoreexcursions@carnival.com. The email should include:

In subject line: Include ship name and sail date

In body of email: Include specific information such as port name and exact shore excursion name

Email response within 48-72 hours

I was looking at excursions for my cruise in a couple of weeks when I noticed that all three excursions going to the Lifestyle resort are no longer listed. So, I emailed the excursions dept and their response was that they are "working on the issue and if anything changes we will advise you".

So, apparently there is definitely something going on with this place. I'm curious to know if this is an issue exclusive to Carnival or are other cruise lines having issues with this resort, also.

It would be nice to know for sure ahead of time so that we can make other plans if this one is no longer going to be offered. Although, if they are encountering "issues", I'm really tempted to go ahead and cancel even if they get whatever it is fixed. Unknown "issues" kinda make me nervous!

We leave on Saturday on the Valor and had this excursion booked as well. They have replaced it last night with another all-inclusive beach resort getaway, unfortunately there are no excursions listed that have that title.

I called Carnival, they cannot tell me anything about it and said we just have to wait for an email back.

Not really pleased with the situation currently as we have no idea if the replacement is what we would like. We looked at the Coconut Cove all inclusive and we know we do not want that and would want to make alternate arrangements.

I'll forward any information I get as soon as I receive it for anyone else in the same situation.

We leave on Saturday on the Valor and had this excursion booked as well. They have replaced it last night with another all-inclusive beach resort getaway, unfortunately there are no excursions listed that have that title.

I called Carnival, they cannot tell me anything about it and said we just have to wait for an email back.

Not really pleased with the situation currently as we have no idea if the replacement is what we would like. We looked at the Coconut Cove all inclusive and we know we do not want that and would want to make alternate arrangements.

I'll forward any information I get as soon as I receive it for anyone else in the same situation.

Thanks for the info!

I did notice that they have added another beach getaway that wasn't there before....Punta Rusia. It costs the same as what I paid for the Lifestyle Serenity, but, it is an hour and a half to two hours away! If that's the one they are replacing it with then I definitely don't want to go!

There's also the RIU all inclusive, but, once again, I never wanted to do that one.

I'll be curious to hear what you find out! Cancelling is looking to be the best option for me. Really disappointed though.

I pinged John Heald this morning on Facebook and I just got this response from someone on his behalf:

Rachel, John found the following information ----- All Inclusive Beach Resort Getaway – 5 Hrs

Board your air-conditioned transportation for approximate 30 minutes’ drive from the pier to the hotel Iberostar Costa Dorada, All Inclusive 5* hotel. Upon arrival at the hotel, enjoy the resort’s large swimming pools, its beautiful beach or take part in any of the many entertainment options available. Tennis courts, table tennis, beach volleyball, non-motorized aquatic sports, merengue & bachata dance classes, among others are at your service. Drinks, Snacks and Lunch are included during your stay at the hotel. For relaxation and good time, Iberostar Costa Dorada is hands down the place to be. Note: Restrooms, changing room, fresh water shower are available at the hotel.

Hmmmmm, not really sure if I want to go there or not. If you decide to go on this replacement excursion please let us know your experience! My booking is still showing the Lifestyle VIP, but, I'll expect that to change at any time. Unless they work out their "issues".....

Thanks again for the info!

I was looking at excursions for my cruise in a couple of weeks when I noticed that all three excursions going to the Lifestyle resort are no longer listed. So' date=' I emailed the excursions dept and their response was that they are "working on the issue and if anything changes we will advise you".

So, apparently there is definitely something going on with this place. I'm curious to know if this is an issue exclusive to Carnival or are other cruise lines having issues with this resort, also.

It would be nice to know for sure ahead of time so that we can make other plans if this one is no longer going to be offered. Although, if they are encountering "issues", I'm really tempted to go ahead and cancel even if they get whatever it is fixed. Unknown "issues" kinda make me nervous![/quote']

Thanks. We booked the VIP Serenity Beach excursion on our April 24th Conquest cruise. Have an email into the shore excursions folks to verify that this is still on and, more importantly, are they going to go to Serenity Beach. I've read that other cruisers were being redirected to another resort.

Thanks for the info!

I did notice that they have added another beach getaway that wasn't there before....Punta Rusia. It costs the same as what I paid for the Lifestyle Serenity' date=' but, it is an hour and a half to two hours away! If that's the one they are replacing it with then I definitely don't want to go!

There's also the RIU all inclusive, but, once again, I never wanted to do that one.

I'll be curious to hear what you find out! Cancelling is looking to be the best option for me. Really disappointed though.[/quote']

I really hope that this isn't what replaced the Lifestyles VIP Serenity Beach excursion. If so, I'm cancelling.

Just a little ticked that we've received nothing from Carnival if there are issues with this excursion.

I'm not affected by this, but this is one of those things that really make me mad. There is no way Carnival doesn't know what is going on... there is no excuse for the lack of communication. Excursions are a major part of my cruise experience. I'd be irate if this happened to me. Carnival needs to up its game. Smh. Sorry you guys had to go through this.

I'm not affected by this, but this is one of those things that really make me mad. There is no way Carnival doesn't know what is going on... there is no excuse for the lack of communication. Excursions are a major part of my cruise experience. I'd be irate if this happened to me. Carnival needs to up its game. Smh. Sorry you guys had to go through this.

The lack of communication is definitely getting irritating! I've sent another email and am still waiting for a response. We've actually gotten more info about what's going on from these forums than we have from Carnival. Makes me think twice about booking any other excursions through Carnival. I mean, I know that this is not the norm, but, still....

My cruise is a ways out (Oct. 8th), but this excursion is still showing as available for our cruise and has the same description. We were very interested in this excursion, but I am hesitant to reserve now because I am not interested if we will be rerouted to another farther location. My second choice, poolside cabana, is sold out. Any updates would be greatly appreciated!

In response to post #9, the Iberostar Costa Dorada is the #1 out of 43 resort in Puerto Plata, according to Tripadvisor. Here is the link.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147290-d150815-Reviews-Iberostar_Costa_Dorada-Puerto_Plata_Puerto_Plata_Province_Dominican_Republic.html

The absolute first thing I did when I heard about this resort was check out TripAdvisor. I use TripAdvisor for everything! I was initially encouraged when I saw that it was #1. Until I read through several pages of reviews. It seemed to me that most of the better ratings were for the rooms, service, food, and pool (although, concerning the pool, a few reviewers did mention until the "cruise ship people" showed up...lol). The reviews of the beach area (which was our main purpose in booking the Serenity) weren't as positive.

Thanks for sharing the TripAdvisor link though! I think anyone trying to decide whether to take this alternate excursion should definitely read it over because it could help them decide what their decision will be in case their excursion is redirected there. I won't go anywhere without checking out reviews first, but, that is what's frustrating to me about the way Carnival is handling this. I can't read reviews if I don't know where we're being sent! If it weren't for these forums, I wouldn't have even known there were problems at Lifestyle to begin with, and, that I needed to check out these other resorts just in case.

We cancelled our excursion to Serenity as I'm almost 100% we would have been rerouted and did not wish to go to Iberostar. We're landlocked and pools are everywhere. We wanted the pampered beach experience (and who can turn down crepes or oysters!!!) and just aren't going to get that with Iberostar.

Who knows, maybe we'll just chill out on the ship and grab a Guy's Burger and an adult beverage.

The absolute first thing I did when I heard about this resort was check out TripAdvisor. I use TripAdvisor for everything! I was initially encouraged when I saw that it was #1. Until I read through several pages of reviews. It seemed to me that most of the better ratings were for the rooms' date=' service, food, and pool (although, concerning the pool, a few reviewers did mention until the "cruise ship people" showed up...lol). The reviews of the beach area (which was our main purpose in booking the Serenity) weren't as positive.

Thanks for sharing the TripAdvisor link though! I think anyone trying to decide whether to take this alternate excursion should definitely read it over because it could help them decide what their decision will be in case their excursion is redirected there. I won't go anywhere without checking out reviews first, but, that is what's frustrating to me about the way Carnival is handling this. I can't read reviews if I don't know where we're being sent! If it weren't for these forums, I wouldn't have even known there were problems at Lifestyle to begin with, and, that I needed to check out these other resorts just in case.[/quote']

Speaking of Trip Advisor, I went there to try and get more information as to what might be transpiring with Lifestyle's/Serenity Beach and Carnival. Although I didn't find anything related to that, I did see quite a few reviews about food and health issues. I can't say that this has anything to do with it, just something to ponder.

Edited by Keys2Heaven

We were on the valor the last week of March, first wk of April. Had the lifestyle excursion booked and got a letter delivered to cabin saying it had been cancelled with an option for new place. Our friends had booked the vip excursion and got the letter with a different place to go which was the ibrostar so we got them to allow us to change to same as theirs. Excursion was suppose to be 5 hrs. We arrived about 1-1.5 hrs late to port. (Was late to every port on trip) so after the drive time there and back we actually only spent about 2.5 hrs at resort. Plus the wind on the beach was so bad that no one could be on the beach due to being sandblasted with that being said it is a very nice place but not worth our short time

People need to do their proper research on their own and not accept what is written in the Carnival excursion website as gospel. In the Dominican Republic, the Punta Cana area has the soft silky sand and Carribbean feel that many seek, while Puerto Plata, where Amber Cove is located has a grittier sand and waves from the Atlantic Ocean instead of the smoothness of the Carribbean sea.