LAFFNVEGAS LIVE from the Premier Sailings of the MS Koningsdam

LAFFNVEGAS

Very early good morning from Delta Flight 64 traveling at 607 MPH and an Altitude of 35025. We have about 1217 miles to Rome and have traveled 3816 miles so far. Flight Trackers says we have another 2 hours and 20 minutes till we land but I have see that move back several times. Couple small moments of turbulence but definitely nothing bad and basically a smooth flight. Tom is three rows behind me but as of a few hours ago he was doing ok. I am stiff and my hip hurts. I would not want to do these long haul flights that often.

So far this flight I have had about as much sleep as I had last night or should I say two nights ago since it is about 7:30am Rome time [emoji6]I would love to get off the plane and get checked into our hotel but our luck we will not get a room till 3 pm.

The shuttle from the Sheraton leaves at 3:30 that we plan to take. We have dinner reservations this evening in Rome and are meeting up with Brad so will definitely post some pictures.

aa469fb80c428dc1f05c7880de7d2f10.jpg

Very early good morning from Delta Flight 64 traveling at 607 MPH and an Altitude of 35025. We have about 1217 miles to Rome and have traveled 3816 miles so far. Flight Trackers says we have another 2 hours and 20 minutes till we land but I have see that move back several times. Couple small moments of turbulence but definitely nothing bad and basically a smooth flight. Tom is three rows behind me but as of a few hours ago he was doing ok. I am stiff and my hip hurts. I would not want to do these long haul flights that often.

So far this flight I have had about as much sleep as I had last night or should I say two nights ago since it is about 7:30am Rome time [emoji6]I would love to get off the plane and get checked into our hotel but our luck we will not get a room till 3 pm.

The shuttle from the Sheraton leaves at 3:30 that we plan to take. We have dinner reservations this evening in Rome and are meeting up with Brad so will definitely post some pictures.

aa469fb80c428dc1f05c7880de7d2f10.jpg

I was wondering why you and DH are not sitting together? Your choice or not?

I was wondering why you and DH are not sitting together? Your choice or not?

The day Hal ticketed our air I jumped into Delta to upgrade to Delta plus first flight no problem got two together, second flight only one remaining so skipped it, then both return flights have Delta plus together. That day Tom got home and said well grab the one Delta plus and we will just keep watching if another opens up for me. Unfortunately it never did but we were able to get him moved up to Preferred just three rows behind me.

Good morning Lisa and Tom

My flight was on time. Looks like your baggage is carousel 7

Enjoy your dinner tonight.

1 day to go

Kathy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Kathy, we are now at the Sheraton waiting for our rooms to be ready. Hopefully soon I would like to take a short nap.

Yes we have arrived, it is a beautiful day in Rome. We are staying at the Sheraton parco de Medici that is kind of in the country. Our rooms are not ready so we are waiting. The shuttle we will take tonight to town does not leave till 5:45.

Holland America actually had quite a few they were picking up today that were on our flight.

Over all the flight was not too bad, it went by quicker than both of us thought it would.

Now out Italian Adventure Begins[emoji6][emoji1303][emoji924]

Lisa,

Glad to read you arrived safely. Let the adventure begin!

Looking forward to your thoughts on the Sheraton. If you've flown United Economy Plus, how did you feel Delta ComfortPlus compared? Thanks.

Marion

Can't wait to see your Koningsdam pictures. Sailing the ship in July for 2 weeks with my wife and kids.

Funny how you mentioned being a HAL fan but having 'cheated' with a few NCL cruises, I assume in The Haven. We're the exact opposite. Never sailed HAL but have done many cruises including In NCL's Haven.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Ciao!! We just took a much needed 3 hour nap [emoji1303] Feeling rested so now we are going to get ready to catch the 5:45 shuttle into City center.

The hotel is quaint, it's been since 1971 since I was last in Europe and actually was in France. Holland, Switzerland, Germany and England. In many ways hotels have not changed much. The Sheraton is nice and Europe small. d7ecf7af7fe0f43478fe468634126f20.jpgab259dde57836cc8adf6fc1c7b4a5fab.jpg

Well I better start to get ready. Good news is that the dual voltage curling iron I bought works perfect as well as the currency converter [emoji4]

We heard that the train from Civitavecchia is running an hour late so our friends will be a bit late for dinner. But that is fine [emoji4] they will probably be about 30 minutes late. We will check in with the restaurant and enjoy drinks.

We actually have not eaten since the plane this morning but sleep was needed prior to food.

Here is a picture of our view from the hotel room.

aa1e86e8e9a828214c9ee76f0d2187ea.jpg

Oh the one they I was surprised at is breakfast is included and the tell us it is a huge breakfast buffet.

The day Hal ticketed our air I jumped into Delta to upgrade to Delta plus first flight no problem got two together, second flight only one remaining so skipped it, then both return flights have Delta plus together. That day Tom got home and said well grab the one Delta plus and we will just keep watching if another opens up for me. Unfortunately it never did but we were able to get him moved up to Preferred just three rows behind me.

thank you for your response. We are in the process of booking a cruise to New Zealand are considering using Hal air, but would want to book comfort seating and together. Is this possible? I will of course be asking the PCC the next time she too. This is our first experience booking through a PCC.

Sorry I will stop bothering you on this subject, since this is about your trip. Thank you.

Edited by boards

I always enjoy your "live" threads and this is no exception. I'm so happy for you both to be doing this cruise and looking forward to reading all about it and seeing the photos.

Enjoy and happy sailing to you both!:)

Buonasera!!!

Good evening from Rome.

So far everything has been perfect, and has gone almost exactly as planned [emoji1303] friends train was delayed getting into Rome but not a big deal the important part is they made [emoji2]

We ate at a little out of the way placed called Anima Mundi the was a bar/pub/ Italian restaurant that was actually very good as well as the price were extremely low. It was a great place for us to talk eat and drink. Our bill for just Tom and I was $40 eu that included the drinks.

Yes one of the friends was Brad who has been on board the Koningsdam so you can imagine what most of the conversation was about [emoji6]

Here are some pics from this evening.

2f6f2d7cf0b1faf85d157f27e2a17d51.jpgc1ead81bdbe1f806604ede6183a83103.jpg283e97ae90e17e824d8edeed408a92d9.jpg