john watson

Flying Clipper

I hope to sail her in Sept 2018....wondering where she will be positioned? Now with 4 ships in the fleet, I wonder if all of them will be positioned in the med? Guessing Northern Europe will get one ship. Wouldn't Hawaii be a change....heaven knows there is enough wind:D

I hope to sail her in Sept 2018....wondering where she will be positioned? Now with 4 ships in the fleet, I wonder if all of them will be positioned in the med? Guessing Northern Europe will get one ship. Wouldn't Hawaii be a change....heaven knows there is enough wind:D

The cruise line will probably do a Caribbean and a Cuba section as well as a European one. I cannot see Hawaii being viable on legal and technical grounds under the cabotage rules. After calling in at the first port in Hawaii the ship must visit a distant foreign port before calling in at another American port which is a long way away at 8 knots or so.

My guess is that they will be bigging up Cuba as not many other cruise lines can go there, Thomson, Fred Olsen etc.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Apparently this is the name for the new ship, 300 pax starting late 2017.

Regards John

Delayed until early 2018 now, apparently.

Regards John

Any idea when itineraries for the new ship will be made available, and when they'll go on sale?

I don't want to spoil anything but pictures are available on the web (if you do a little research) about the Flying Clipper being built. Star Clipper would probably not be very pleased if I post them here. Just to say you will not be disappointed.

Brodosplit shipyard in Split, Croatia are building the vessel and images are available if you google and specify images. i have also found artists impressions on Croatia news sites, it's bigger news there that in the US for example. One could even say it's world-wide news in Croatia!

Regards John

Thanks for posting that! Can't wait to see her all finished and ready to sail!

Pam

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looks excellent to me. If you scale it up it to others in the fleet, it seems absolutely gigantic!

Regards John

There is a good model of the ship video on Youtube narration is not English but a very good idea of how the ship is going to look when finished. I assume it is Serbo-Croat?

Regards John

Thanks for the video!!! The color of the hull is so different, but wonderful. I wonder if this will be how she really gets painted and if so will the rest of the fleet follow? Me, I like the tan and gray color scheme. Now when will she sail? I'll book!

Still no updates. Wonder if and when this vessel will start service. Guessing 2019 if a redesign is required for a second engine.

Thank you dandee2! If that photo was taken in January, then the build has either stopped or slowed down to a crawl. I can’t see her entering service before the end of 2018, maybe early 2019. Can’t imagine the financial strain this is having on Star Clippers. Still looking forward to sailing on her.

I would say slowed. The Brodosplit shipyard is also building other ship and reading thru the news it looks like they are switching from industrial cargo to small and specialized cruise ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have located a bit more news on Flying Clipper: much of the news is obvious to passengers familiar with the cruise line, however a few interesting facts have been revealed. An eighteen feet deep swimming pool with glass walls for diving tuition for example.

www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Flying-Clipper-1335

Regards John

Well still no news.....guess I will call the cruise line and see if they know anything. Maybe a summer 2019 Cruise...

While making a Star Flyer booking for June 2019, I asked about the new build. They said they are hoping for the summer season next year. As for the delay...there have been challenges with building a sailing ship of this size.

While making a Star Flyer booking for June 2019, I asked about the new build. They said they are hoping for the summer season next year. As for the delay...there have been challenges with building a sailing ship of this size.

This is the same reply that I got on the royal clipper last week!:confused:

What I think is the relevant para courtesy of a translate app. Hard to follow but I don’t think it sounds positive.

Another bizarre ship has decided to build in "Brodosplit", and it has been written in the newspapers - it was the world's largest sailboat, a five-mile sailboat, 100 meters long, for the renowned world travel company Star Clipper. It should have been delivered in 2017 but it is not, which would mean that the contract was terminated. There seemed to be insurmountable problems. The boat is weighing 2000 tonnes as predicted, and in the meantime, as construction lasted for a long time, strict rules for passenger ships over 100 meters were introduced.

Edited by Pavovsky

In Brodosplit, the construction of the largest sailing ship in the world is at the end. There is not much - a hundred and sixty feet long, eighteen and a half wide - the largest sailing boat in the world.

The Brodosplit pride is full of steam - for 300 passengers and 150 crew members. Next month and five will mow in their places; one is as big as the bell tower of St. Duje. A sailor, like this, unfinished, was fascinated by tourists from Finland! It is a great bargain for shipbuilding experts and tourists - who do not normally miss the Split shipyard - with more than 2,000 visitors a year, their number is growing steadily.

They said, they say in Brodosplit. Along with the sailboat, four more cruise ships - a polar cruiser, a coastal-patrol boat, a small sailboat for their fleet and a cruise ship - are being built or converted. Wage for 2 300 people is not too late!

Our team has entered the inland of sailboats with Finca!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There was a special ship in the Split Škvera ropes, but in size and purpose, completely different from others.

"A boat built on old sailboats that were mostly cargo ships, we've turned it into a passenger ship with all the comfort and luxury," says project director Radovan Nečinevic.

So the passengers will enjoy three swimming pools, libraries, salon and everything else that only boasts luxurious circles, and the special experience will be the moths that will be the tallest of them and the belfry of St. Duje.

"The very fact that mulches and crosses and deck equipment weighs 220 tonnes speaks of the complexity and complicated process of making these masts," explains Dalibor Komatina, project manager of the mast project.

According to the client's estimate, the ship will spend most of its time on the wind power plant and will be equipped for sailing on the polar seas.

Although now it does not look like this, in just a few months these passengers will walk on the corridors, and they are people who build passenger ships that can afford the prospective Brodosplit clients.

Because, they claim, they have long understood that due to unmerciful competition from the east, they must be creative.

"Small and medium sized passenger ship construction program is a niche where Brodosplit is slowly but safely positioned on the world market," said Brodosplit spokesman Josip Jurišić.

Workers are happy and proud. And it is also important that the workers are laughing because they are not paying them late or days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums