New! OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next 7-day or Longer Carnival Cruise!

LauraS

Ours was listed in the Funtimes but not spotlighted. It was also on a formal night right before dinner

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I am not sure what spotlighted means. How many people attended yours and do you know how many had signed up?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just completed our cruise on the Dream (9/25 - 10/2). We all signed up for the Meet and Greet here on Cruise Critic.

Invitations were not received, but there was a listing in the daily FunTimes. However, and this is a BIG HOWEVER.....the party was not scheduled until the last sea day. By then, the cruise was practically over. A very small handful of people attended. Those of us who did attend felt like the crew wasted their time putting the M&G together.

Wouldn't the start of the cruise be a better time to schedule something like this? I think for future Roll Calls I will suggest that we just put our own M&G together ourselves, and make it earlier in the cruise.

Edited by DaisyGirl55

We cruised form 10-02-2016 until 10-09-2016. We had our meet and mingle on the last day of the cruise. It was from 4 until 5. The Platinum and Diamond party from 5 to 6. We had about 15 members present. The time and place is not well advertised. The notice in the daily paper should be printed in bold letters so it is more noticeable. I have the feeling that they would rather the meeting just go away. We also didn't receive a notice in the cabin stating the time and place.

The entertainment director and cruise director we there. The answered several questions and confirmed the ship was still conducting the trial cleaning of the rooms. We pointed out that what John was saying on his Facebook page was not what was happening. I'm referring to the cards with the choices. John said all of the ships have the cards that had both along with morning and evening for room cleaning, which is not the case. Ours didn't have both. I also witnessed and spoke to other cruisers that said they were not given the choice of both and had to choose from morning or evening cleaning. We told our steward we wanted both and ice. We had no problems but, overheard our steward only offering service for morning or evening to other less informed cruisers.

If we don't get better notification and more participation it will be a thing of the past.

Edited by Hotdog 52

We were on the Sunshine cruise to Bermuda and had over 70 people signed up for the meet & greet but only 14 showed up.

There was no invitation sent to cabins but it was listed in the fun times which was held the first sea day at 1:30pm in the Red Frog pub.

A nice table of refreshments were set up for us and the Hotel Director Freddy was present along with one other crew member.

We all gathered for a 8x10 photo which was no charge to us.

The meet turned out to be very enjoyable.:D

We were on the Sunshine cruise to Bermuda and had over 70 people signed up for the meet & greet but only 14 showed up.

There was no invitation sent to cabins but it was listed in the fun times which was held the first sea day at 1:30pm in the Red Frog pub.

A nice table of refreshments were set up for us and the Hotel Director Freddy was present along with one other crew member.

We all gathered for a 8x10 photo which was no charge to us.

The meet turned out to be very enjoyable.:D

Sounds like the Sunshine people put out the effort to have a decent M&M. Hoping the Freedom crew does the same for our cruise. ...

Sent from my Galaxy 4

I was on the 1st of Oct Vista cruise and had signed up for the M&M.

We had the app running the whole time and checked the funtimes on it to see if it was listed - Answer NO it was not.

However it was put in the printed copy! but only the printed copy. I only spotted it AFTER it had taken place.

Not only that but it was a "stupid" time and not well thought out.

1st sea at 9am in the morning. Please note the day before we were in Naples and a long day sight seeing for most. We were up early and enjoyed the spa to ourselves at that time. But at least half the ship didn't get up till mid morning.

Oh as far as I know we had over 100 sign up yet the room they gave us was the Library. had every one turned up then we would never have fitted it inside.

Had it been in the app fun times I "might" have gone along to see if anyone went.

I am on the Vista Oct 11th sailing.

Ryan the Entertainment Director says he had only 10 names from Cruise Critic so obviously still a disconnect. Over 150 had signed up but only approx 50 showed up.

No invitation.

Held at 9 am in the piano bar. Posted only in the fun times.Many people missed it.

• Administrators

Hi Everyone:

I've read through your recent feedback and concerns. I want to address a few issues:

Carnival will be sending invites to your stateroom; but they need to have that specific information in order to do so.

We did send emails out to every single person who registered to attend ANY Meet & Mingle into the far future. However, it is clear that people aren't changing their information (or perhaps having a problem doing so).

Therefore, the party numbers shared with Carnival may be off -- and more than likely the info doesn't contain the specifics necessary so that an invite can be delivered to you once on board.

One person mentioned that "only 10 names appeared on Carnival's list; yet 50 people showed up to a party" As you can see, this is exactly what I'm referring to above: 10 NAMES were on the list -- but the correct number of members who registered were provided and a party was scheduled on board.

Moving forward, we are working very closely with Carnival to make this work. There really are a great many working parts: lots of registrations, 15+ ships, and sail dates every single week with the flow of information being sent constantly to Carnival. Once they have the information, they are continuing to put an announcement in Fun Times, AND they are hand delivering invitations to those of you who have updated (or included) your Name and cabin number. We are constantly tweaking the information we send over to Carnival, so that they, in turn can invite you to the parties!

For those of you with me so far -- if you haven't updated your existing party registration to include your Name and Cabin Number (along with the total number of people attending with you -- up to five) please do so now:

Update Your Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle Party Info

They cannot send you an invite if they don't know who you are!

I'm going to create a new post with the update your registration information.

Thanks for listening and for all your feedback, which will only make this process better for all,

Laura

With all respect Laura, many of us did update our info with Cruise critic giving our room numbers. It was mentioned several times on our roll call.

Ryan the Entertainment director stated that only 10 names were provided from Cruise Critic and they knew that many more would be present and so did not send invitations to only 10 people.

Our roll call for the TA on Friday has many more listed so will be interesting to see what happens.

Not sure why it works so well with Royal and Celebrity issuing invitations as they have our booking numbers but not with Carnival.

On the Vista TA at present.

I did speak with Ryan the Entertainment Director and he did change the time of the M&G from 9 am to 11 am on the first sea day to accommodate us as many of us had arranged to meet at 9 am for brunch. He also changed the venue from Piano Bar to Limelight Bar. He did say that he had cabin numbers for 100 members but that 350 had signed up and so again did not send any invitations to the cabins.

The meeting was good with about 100 present. However not one person from Carnival Management showed up. (Ryan was present at the previous Med cruise M&G but did not show at this one)

This gives a strong message that we and our loyalty are not important to Carnival. Big difference from Norwegian where all the Officers show up and Celebrity where the Captain often shows. Royal also has Officers welcoming us.

I did speak with Ryan the Entertainment Director and he did change the time of the M&G from 9 am to 11 am on the first sea day to accommodate us as many of us had arranged to meet at 9 am for brunch. He also changed the venue from Piano Bar to Limelight Bar. He did say that he had cabin numbers for 100 members but that 350 had signed up and so again did not send any invitations to the cabins.

The meeting was good with about 100 present. However not one person from Carnival Management showed up. (Ryan was present at the previous Med cruise M&G but did not show at this one)

This gives a strong message that we and our loyalty are not important to Carnival. Big difference from Norwegian where all the Officers show up and Celebrity where the Captain often shows. Royal also has Officers welcoming us.

With THE John Heald on board?

I can't think of a bigger slap in the face than that!

With THE John Heald on board?

I can't think of a bigger slap in the face than that!

How many different places are you going to

mention this? Just for the record it is not a slap in the face. Should I go to each post and reply or will this suffice ?

Sent from my iPhone

Just off the Glory. No one received invitations in our cabins. It was listed in the FunTimes but I didn't even look for it there as we have been told it wouldn't be and to look for an invitation in our cabin.

3 people and their guests showed up. When asked if they received the invitations, the members said no, and they were told by Staff that this was the second week in a row that they weren't sent out for whatever reason. It's a shame because I was looking forward to meeting everyone.

There is still a lot of work to do.

BOTTOM LINE: Check the FunTimes no matter what you are told. Looks like invitations aren't going out properly.

Maybe since you changed the time, no one was available. At 9 maybe they would have been available. They do have other things and other groups to take care of as I'm sure you are aware.

• Administrators
With all respect Laura, many of us did update our info with Cruise critic giving our room numbers. It was mentioned several times on our roll call.

Ryan the Entertainment director stated that only 10 names were provided from Cruise Critic and they knew that many more would be present and so did not send invitations to only 10 people.

Our roll call for the TA on Friday has many more listed so will be interesting to see what happens.

Not sure why it works so well with Royal and Celebrity issuing invitations as they have our booking numbers but not with Carnival.

No disrespect meant to "Ryan" but I don't understand why they wouldn't send invites to the 10 people who included their names? THAT makes no sense. They party was held........

Some of our Meet & Mingle partners host the party registration database on their website -- therefore, the collection of booking ID numbers makes sense. In the case of Carnival Meet & Mingles, Cruise Critic is collecting and transmitting the data. Truthfully, we (meaning Cruise Critic) does not want to be responsible for collecting and transferring booking reservation ID numbers.

Just wanted to clarify...

• Administrators

I did speak with Ryan the Entertainment Director........snip.....He did say that he had cabin numbers for 100 members but that 350 had signed up and so again did not send any invitations to the cabins.

Again, this makes absolutely no sense?! Why not send the invites to those folks who so diligently offered up their information? That's the whole point of collecting the info...so the invite can be delivered. I'm truly scratching my head over this one!

So, let me clarify. No where does it say in our Meet & Mingle promo information that anyone from Carnival's management team will attend. You are missing the point of these parties -- they are for members to meet other members while on board their cruise. Anything extra other than "tea and cookies" is, well, extra. Above and beyond.

You certain are important to Carnival; they wouldn't have entered into this partnership if you weren't. As I've mentioned (but people continue to take the wrong way), there are glitches. It's still a work in progress. They have many ships sailing weekly with hundreds of groups on board they vie for the same lounge space on board.

We've updated the information we send them so the individual ships can send invites. But, there is still a difference in the number of total registered to attend vs. the listing of names w/ cabin numbers. I think that is what is throwing them off at this point. I'll touch base with them again.

Truthfully, we (meaning Cruise Critic) does not want to be responsible for collecting and transferring booking reservation ID numbers.

Just wanted to clarify...

So this is why Cruise Critic is not doing it? That's ridiculous. If you're not going to facilitate the M&M taking place, then don't even post it as a thing.

• Administrators
So this is why Cruise Critic is not doing it? That's ridiculous. If you're not going to facilitate the M&M taking place, then don't even post it as a thing.

I dont understand what you are talking about. We are collecting more than enough information to pass along to carnival so that they can deliver iinvitations to your state room. You must have missed that

Sent from my iPhone using Forums