New! OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next 7-day or Longer Carnival Cruise!

LauraS

Maybe since you changed the time, no one was available. At 9 maybe they would have been available. They do have other things and other groups to take care of as I'm sure you are aware.

Yes I agree that this is possibly what had happened. Ryan is a really nice person.

Again, this makes absolutely no sense?! Why not send the invites to those folks who so diligently offered up their information? That's the whole point of collecting the info...so the invite can be delivered. I'm truly scratching my head over this one!

I agree, if they are not going to send invitations then admit it and we won't be expecting them.

So, let me clarify. No where does it say in our Meet & Mingle promo information that anyone from Carnival's management team will attend. You are missing the point of these parties -- they are for members to meet other members while on board their cruise. Anything extra other than "tea and cookies" is, well, extra. Above and beyond.

This is what has happened in the past. Carnival supplied a room, sometimes tea and coffee, and we held our own meeting. Often in the past CDs have been present.

I suppose because other lines do go all out welcoming us that we are expecting too much. (On NCL the Hotel Director gave us his card to contact him day or night with any issues etc)

I have to admit that the Meet&Mingle on my Oct. 8th Splendor sailing was poorly attended. We had the requisite number of people sign up. I know I received an email indicating we reached the number of people needed and the email stated that the day, time, and location would be posted in the Funtimes.

I arrived at the advertised location on the ship as was posted in the Funtimes early. The ship had a very nice set up for us providing snacks, beverages, and a number of the ships crew including the hotel director and the cruise director. Out of over 25 people that signed up to attend we had no more than 8 people show up. It was rather disappointing considering what the ship did for the event. I will say that the ships crew that attended were great and the small group of us sat and had a very nice discussion about cruising and what was going on with Carnival. Now this is just my opinion, if something isn't done to increase the participation Carnival may well discontinue hosting our meets. Maybe a solution would be to have the sign up and notifications be done like for the Royal Caribbean Meet & Greets.

Hopefully things will improve on this front. Cheers!

Pssst!

Have you seen the new Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle button on this forum? Look to your right. Yes...the right. See the button under the first ad? Click Join the Party, well..to join the party! (It will take you to the Party Registration Page!)

Enjoy!

Laura

I do not see the Elation on the list!:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
I do not see the Elation on the list!:confused:

Hello:

Meet & Mingle parties are held on cruises of 7 days or longer; sorry!

Laura

Laura, I see a place to update the info, but how do we remove our name from a list ? I signed up early so we are included on the MM list, but we are now canceling that cruise. We are taking the cruise the week before instead of that one. I don't want to be listed and then be a 'no show' because I'm not even on the ship ! :)

Yup, mine was at the end.

I was on a B2B2B on the Pride. All three Meets were held the first sea day. One person from our group went to the Passenger Service Desk to make sure things were set up correctly. You need to be proactive. Miami had not passed along the info.

Sue

Pssst!

Have you seen the new Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle button on this forum? Look to your right. Yes...the right. See the button under the first ad? Click Join the Party, well..to join the party! (It will take you to the Party Registration Page!)

Enjoy!

Laura

The Jan 8th sailing of the Vista is not listed there - what do we do now?

Isn't that a 6 day cruise? I think the meet and mingles are for 7 day and longer.

I think you are correct, EpcotBill. We're doing an 8-day on Conquest and there's a M & G listed. However, for the following 6-day of our B2B, one is not listed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have signed up for the meet and mingle on the Breeze for the January 15 sailing 2017 and am really looking forward to it. After reading everyone's post, I am getting the feeling that I shouldn't expect one.

If the days at sea are less than 7 days then you don't have an organized mingle by the ship. Enjoy the Breeze.

Well I guess I will just have a wonderful time anyway. I'm going with a posting and happy attitude. And feeling very fortunate to have this opportunity to travel the high seas in search of adventure and to go snorkling in the blue waters, and sip tropical drinks, ahhhhhh:p

Well I guess I will just have a wonderful time anyway. I'm going with a posting and happy attitude. And feeling very fortunate to have this opportunity to travel the high seas in search of adventure and to go snorkling in the blue waters, and sip tropical drinks, ahhhhhh:p

Carnival Dream - August 19, 2018

About Your Ship

Cruise Critic Review

Member Reviews

Deck Plans & Cabin Reviews

New Orleans Hotels

Shore Excursion Reviews

Go

Itinerary

Day 1 ...

New Orleans

Day 2 ...

Cruising

Day 3 ...

Cruising

Day 4 ...

Montego Bay

Day 5 ...

Grand Cayman

Day 6 ...

Cozumel

Day 7 ...

Cruising

Day 8 ...

New Orleans

Recent Posts

cruisefan16 December 29, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi Everyone! I'm new to this so please bear with me. I am wondering who is booked or will book on the August 19, 2018 Carnival Dream Cruise. I am taking my husband on his first cruise for our anniversary (this will be my 2nd cruise). I am extremely excited to go! So excited that I've already started planning cabin decorations, excursions and much more, just so I can show my husband how much fun cruising can be. If anyone is going on this cruise, let me know and maybe we can meet on the ship and hang out. Have a wonderful New Year and may 2017 be good to all of you!

Hey CruiseFan16, you need to go find your roll call & post there. If you don't find it, you can create the roll call for your cruise.

Hi DMDIVER,

I did post in my roll call and posted there.

My cruise isn't until August 2018. There is no other thread for that roll call.

I'm new to all of this, so I'm not even sure where to post. :)